March 28, 2024, 08:42:48 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: FOnline Reloaded RANT  (Read 65538 times)

Johnny

• View Profile
Re: FOnline Reloaded RANT
« Reply #195 on: October 21, 2017, 08:47:50 am »
This is exactly the bullshit I've heard being a deviant developer of FO2. Doesn't trigger me anymore as I'm just a civilian bystander, just memories.

You are right. If everybody say always the same thing since years, how could they be right. They surely are wrong. You're so perfect.

As a high-tech troll crafted with finest advanced trollymers and quality trolloys I must inform, my good man, you are totally wrong.

Trash with a cherry on top is still trash.

None of those guys are to be seen in threads related to how shitty the ded gaem is. I wonder why, do you?

I dont see them either saying the community is shit and they did all their work for free. I wonder why, do you?

Remove hexing, remove hexboters. Save the cheerleader, save the world.

Talking about spanish inquisition. You know whats between black and white? Grey.
Some people work and dont declare to the state, lets remove work alltogether?
You're top notch.

Witchhunting and Spanish Inquisition climate.
With cheaters, no mercy, no respite. Isolate them, without support they'll quit.

Who are you to decide which opinion matters more?
I'm asking for a consultation of the overall server population, nobody in particular. You know it's a stupid concept where everyone can share their ideas? Moderated by the community itself. I'm sure most of the players are capable if they enjoy the game and play it.

You just don't understand someone can have his own idea to do X or Y and not always this idea fits yours.
This apply to everything, compromise is the solution, not arbitrary removal of unbroken game features.

So fragile to rejection, what mistakes your parents have made during your childhood?
A lot, like all parents. You'll learn that one day.

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 21, 2017, 11:59:44 am »
You are right. If everybody say always the same thing since years, how could they be right. They surely are wrong. You're so perfect.
First of all - not everybody, but specified kind of ... say ... humanoids.
Second - if they haven't tried to do anything useful for the server, didn't report bugs and exploits, edit Wiki, help with dialog fixes or whatnot, and yet they dare to demand - yes, I'd say they might be wrong.
Third - I'm intelectually superior among the crowd of mindless sheeps.
** tips fedora **

Trash with a cherry on top is still trash.
Correct.

I dont see them either saying the community is shit and they did all their work for free. I wonder why, do you?
Probably they are busy doing important stuff and don't bother to participate dick swinging competition or shit throwing fiesta that recently rolls on this forum. Which I find somehow amusing in twisted pervert way.

Talking about spanish inquisition. You know whats between black and white? Grey.
Some people work and dont declare to the state, lets remove work alltogether?
You're top notch.
Okay, what solution do you suggest then? Hire a bunch of in-game police forces to trace cheaters? Hire some more to verify if said policemen don't abuse their powers? Chase own tail infinitely, wasting time, manpower and resources, instead of removing the opportunity?

With cheaters, no mercy, no respite. Isolate them, without support they'll quit.
As above. Time consuming work nobody likes to do and barely anyone appreciates.

I'm asking for a consultation of the overall server population, nobody in particular. You know it's a stupid concept where everyone can share their ideas? Moderated by the community itself. I'm sure most of the players are capable if they enjoy the game and play it.
As a bystander I have no idea if such consultations are even planned or considered, but it's not my problem, I'm logging in to shoot some geckos and craft some spears once in a while.
Sharing an idea doesn't mean it will be implemented straight away, even if it's really good (and this is rare case).

Self-moderated community won't work with toxic playerbase FOnlines gathered around over years. Just read some posts here, imagine these guys can vote, safe like a chimp with a razor. Democracy as a failure from its definition won't keep any server tick, strong leadership will. Been there, done that.

You just don't understand someone can have his own idea to do X or Y and not always this idea fits yours.
This apply to everything, compromise is the solution, not arbitrary removal of unbroken game features.
As far as I know public voting over removing X or Y wasn't promised anywhere, so what's this disappointment?

So fragile to rejection, what mistakes your parents have made during your childhood?
A lot, like all parents. You'll learn that one day.
As a father of 2,5 y.o. I'm learning a lot about handling explosives on top of the hill while wearing full body copper armor during heavy storm with a lot of thunderstrikes around. This more or less explains how easy raising a new man is.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 22, 2017, 12:10:16 am »
What the hell is going on here?!  :o :facepalm

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 22, 2017, 12:19:27 pm »
What the hell is going on here?!  :o :facepalm

Stalker my friend.

War is going on.
Forum war, forum war never changes.
GUN FOR HIRE

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 22, 2017, 09:51:54 pm »
14 pages of shitposting and maybe 3-5 posts with constructive criticism. Wow, that's impressive.

I don't know how some of you guys even want to be taken seriously by anyone if you only spam forum with total crap. Here, eat a ban instead and leave this place for good. I guess you will move your butthurt elsewhere but there are no fucks given as long as you don't interfere with our work.

Johnny

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 23, 2017, 02:28:09 pm »
Self-moderated community won't work with toxic playerbase FOnlines gathered around over years. Just read some posts here, imagine these guys can vote, safe like a chimp with a razor. Democracy as a failure from its definition won't keep any server tick, strong leadership will. Been there, done that.

After seeing some posts wich i didnt read i can't blame you on that one.

For me season 1 only needed some slight balance changes and I dont understand all those changes but I'm not up to date anymore, now there is Hexbots, cheaters whatenot.
So I can understand the overall reaction.

I found some posts where kilgore explicitly statted that easy to find gear and carpet of items in tents didn't bother him.

I have totally NOTHING about some CARPETS of items in player bases. This always happened and will always happen. Item should be relatively easy to get imo.

I just do not understand why the grind is augmenting. I would have appreciated if we could discuss some of the changes to have everyone opinion about that matter and not that of a few that think having a special item is an achievment.
This is a game that is supposed to be fun. And grinding isnt fun, at least for me. I'm not playing a game to work after work. This is just stupid.

Also adding NPC in town control is imo a bad idea.  Wasn't it removed in season 1?

jobany

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 23, 2017, 04:13:27 pm »
"big papi" this game is for 18+ people so please

get it once and for all - this game is free. There are no clients, no purchases, no hiring and no contracts. If you're failing to realise that, then gtfo this board and better not show anywhere on internet, or anywhere else, for that matter, because all you're gonna do is cause permanent brain damage for normal people.

intruders

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 30, 2017, 08:23:52 pm »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 30, 2017, 09:34:43 pm »

"Btw where does your hatred towards people playing pvp in your game come from?"

"The show of arrogance has it's limits. You were acting like players were your enemies, now deal with an empty server."

How ironic, a man who fought for the same beliefs as many are currently doing in his own server, is now shunning them out  :'(
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 09:36:22 pm by S.T.A.L.K.E.R »

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #204 on: October 30, 2017, 10:10:07 pm »
When does the website come down?

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 01, 2017, 08:58:52 am »
How ironic, a man who fought for the same beliefs as many are currently doing in his own server, is now shunning them out  :'(
It's called "evolution" and some people, including myself, are actually following it. I went the path from angry nerd obsessed with pixels via leader of a bunch, developer, PvP ape to current "Mr Zerofucksgiven" state.
I guess some primitive forms of life are unable to evolve, therefore they remain not adapted to changes a reality brings. Kinda shame.

Nice_Boat

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 01, 2017, 12:13:26 pm »
Wichura, in your case it's more like de-evolution.
You went from being an annoying know-it-all that was pretty much always wrong to a jaded annoying know-it-all that constantly bombards people with appeals to your non-existent authority even though the situation doesn't really call for that. And you're still pretty much always wrong.

Oh, and you don't really sound like a clever troll. You sound like you're pretty mad, especially since you obviously put a lot of effort into those posts.

And what exactly is your fucking point here?
That the Mad Max/Nessie population is going to replace the evil PvP apes that touched you in the wrong spots? The counter says nope.
That the game is free and everybody should be grateful it's there? Do you have any idea how many free games are there, that nobody gives a rat's ass about? Do you have any idea how many free games/mods were released this month? Should the entire world be grateful to all those devs? This is a completely asinine opinion to have. If anything, amateur devs should be happy about the attention they're getting. Especially with the gaming industry being as competitive as it is right now.
That there is no "correct" way to play the game and all players are equal? But that's fucking wrong, because objectively speaking some players have more clout in adversarial situations, which allows them a greater freedom of choice when it comes to what they want to do inside the game.
That no modder/content creator ever is going to criticize this, or any other project? I get paid for creating content and here I am, saying that mistakes were definitely made, at least from the standpoint of prolonging the life of this game in public instead of keeping it as a fenced-off pet project that nobody is interested in.

Think about this shit for a second and sort yourself out. Your opinions are literally cancer to any FOnline project and the fact that Reloaded devs started treating them seriously and embracing them as their own is what started this little crisis in the first place.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 12:18:28 pm by Nice_Boat »
Best Tournament Sneaker as of 10.07.2013

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 01, 2017, 12:29:10 pm »
It's called "evolution" and some people, including myself, are actually following it. I went the path from angry nerd obsessed with pixels via leader of a bunch, developer, PvP ape to current "Mr Zerofucksgiven" state.
I guess some primitive forms of life are unable to evolve, therefore they remain not adapted to changes a reality brings. Kinda shame.

Yeah, pretty much this.

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 01, 2017, 12:55:01 pm »
Wichura, in your case it's more like de-evolution.
Of course, especially from the point when I've stopped being useful and just abused the shit out of admin privileges on FO2. Right now I'm just useless piece of turd like any other civilian passing by.

You went from being an annoying know-it-all that was pretty much always wrong to a jaded annoying know-it-all that constantly bombards people with appeals to your non-existent authority even though the situation doesn't really call for that. And you're still pretty much always wrong.
One way or another I've remained annoying. Warms my black heart, thank you.

Oh, and you don't really sound like a clever troll. You sound like you're pretty mad, especially since you obviously put a lot of effort into those posts.
Don't overestimate the effort I put into posting bollocks here. It comes so easy I'm sometimes embarassed with massive advantage my trolling skills are giving me.

And what exactly is your fucking point here?
In general? To watch a game and have a Bud, no great expectations. Also if tomorrow I read an announcement Reloaded is being shut down and we can all go fuck ourselves elsewhere, I won't sit in my basement mindlessly staring at the wall, with a feeling of great loss.
I'm just interested to see the results of FOnline social experiment I can observe now, as I said few times already.

That the Mad Max/Nessie population is going to replace the evil PvP apes that touched you in the wrong spots? The counter says nope.
I've been a classic PvP ape back in the days. Can this be considered a masturbation of some sort as I've used to be Mad Max too?
The counter shows clearly some changes of gameplay are not appreciated by some part of existing community and also the lack of advertisement. Which is about to come according to official news from dev team. It might not but hey, no hard feelings.

That the game is free and everybody should be grateful it's there? Do you have any idea how many free games are there, that nobody gives a rat's ass about? Do you have any idea how many free games/mods were released this month? Should the entire world be grateful to all those devs? This is a completely asinine opinion to have. If anything, amateur devs should be happy about the attention they're getting. Especially with the gaming industry being as competitive as it is right now.
I couldn't care less to be honest since I haven't done anything for this particular free game apart from sharing a base map ages ago.
But I've used to care a lot about the other free game, competitor of this one I would say. Since we discuss a bad touch memories here, I'd recall all the crap I had to read or hear regarding how shitty our game is, how fat my mom is (how did they know? she is indeed terribly fat) and why this or that needs to be done so some anonymous cunt can "win" in his own way. Backseat driving, bitches love backseat driving. So yeah, this gave me a rough idea how it's like to stand on both sides of a bar counter. Funny enough many wise-asses come to similiar thoughts as soon as they dare to develop their own FOnline Whatever project.

That there is no "correct" way to play the game and all players are equal? But that's fucking wrong, because objectively speaking some players have more clout in adversarial situations, which allows them a greater freedom of choice when it comes to what they want to do inside the game.
Players are people, and people were not, are not and never will be equal. Please don't bring such communist crappy ideas anymore, thank you.
Of course oldfags, experienced or more skilled players can do their way easier than newcomers attracted by a banner spotted on Facebook.

That no modder/content creator ever is going to criticize this, or any other project? I get paid for creating content and here I am, saying that mistakes were definitely made, at least from the standpoint of prolonging the life of this game in public instead of keeping it as a fenced-off pet project that nobody is interested in.
Oh yeah, surely there's a lot of things to improve, rework and whatnot. I'm just too lazy to point them out, blame me. Taking a piss of some guys furiously raging about "their" game being ruined is way easier and a bit funny too. We both know forum PvP is the best and supreme kind of PvP ever.

Think about this shit for a second and sort yourself out. Your opinions are literally cancer to any FOnline project and the fact that Reloaded devs started treating them seriously and embracing them as their own is what started this little crisis in the first place.
Your cancer may get AIDS if you click here. Sorry, I couldn't tell these guys their game is great since it was a bucket of manure. I'm such a dick.

No idea if Reloaded devs even read my posts, but I'm trying not to tell anyone what to do. Grown men know it already, spoiled brats won't listen, so why bother? Just for shits and giggles I guess.

Nice_Boat

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 01, 2017, 02:34:50 pm »
I just find it funny that all the FOnline devs and ex-devs love putting players on blast for being "ungrateful morons" and what-not while at the same time it's those players that put them in this "elevated" position in the first place. Like I said, the number of releases from various dev-teams last month is probably in the triple digits and yet every FOnline dev ever feels like a special snowflake after working on this game for a while. Fallout theme aside, it's really nothing special. In fact, it's pretty sub-standard in so many ways I won't even bother making a list.

Consider this:
- how many people would be playing FOnline if it didn't rely on the work of Black Isle and if everything was 100% original
- without the Fallout coating, how many devs would come to a conclusion that they can tell the 5 players that are actually interested in playing this stuff to fuck off

That's my $0.02 on false entitlement in this community. It goes both ways, and what we see here is bringing this retardation to a whole new level. What should be a nostalgia trip to the late nineties turned into a massive dick-waving contest because creator bias made some people believe they can do nothing wrong. And this isn't just about Reloaded. In fact, most FOnline servers turn out like that. I guess it's a combination of unrealistic expectations from the players, nostalgia and unrealistic ambitions from the devs that ultimately turns every project into a shit-show.

At this point, I wouldn't even say I'm trying to give any advice here. I mean it's obvious the devs weren't interested in that, because they're the Fallout (tm) devs, and this obviously means that they're Always Right (tm) - even though the audience they have is mostly Black Isle fans who enjoy the rather randomly created 2238 PvP formula, and not really their fans. The devs feel like they're prisoners to this formula and want to break free - get creative. This "prisoner" thingie also makes them bitter when it comes to dealing with the players, because in the end, 2238 pew pew isn't really Fallout, and the devs are some of the most hardcore Fallout fans you could find. As a result, the players - especially the 2238 pew pew fans - feel like this isn't something that they want to play after a certain threshold of unacceptable changes is reached. Bam. It flops. A parody of a Shakespearean tragedy, in which nobody is to blame.

But then again it's not like this is the first time this sort of shit happened (2238, anyone?) and some people probably ought to know better. No hard feelings either way, I've got plenty of other games to play.

I just couldn't help myself and wanted to post this "I told you so" here.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 02:36:56 pm by Nice_Boat »
Best Tournament Sneaker as of 10.07.2013