Topic: Pistols  (Read 5917 times)

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
Re: Pistols
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2013, 09:49:58 am »
It might be a good idea to bring weapon damage of all weapons closer together
so most weapons become more or less viable. Basically you'd have to rework most weapons to get balanced advantages and drawbacks.

Pistols should have the same damage as rifles. Their big drawback is their range.
I'd give the Mauser a higher range and the 223 pistol a slightly shorter one.
The Magnum should have higher damage (come on, it only has 6 shots).
You could move most better weapons to gunsmith 1 and instead introduce zip guns and pipe rifles with higher damage than the BB gun and the pipe rifle with longer range (around 30?).
They should require very little to be crafted.

Big gun ammo should be harder to craft, but I would make more of them available by crafting.
Rocket launcher should be available without blueprint, but rockets need to be harder to craft.

Energy weapons should be harder to craft and maintain (wear off faster) and unavailable from the start (yes, not even the laser pistol).

Would love to see more melee weapons too and you could encourage people skilling throwing by having rocks lying around on desert maps.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2013, 08:08:42 pm »
There is no need to boost low-tier weapons.
"Harder craft" - no, 2238 tried walking this path (remember crafting rockets one-by-one?) and this didn't work. It was a pain in the ass for solo players while gangs had plenty of everything.

By the way what about I make Solar Scorcher deal fire damage?

Knife_cz

• TISM is the best band ever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2013, 09:39:10 pm »
I'd love to see Magneto-Laser Pistol a bit buffed, 42 range for example? 30-45 damage instead of 25-40?
I'd really like to see this gun around more.

I mean hey, its a laz0r, accurate on long-range right?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 09:43:17 pm by Knife_cz »

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2013, 09:48:56 pm »
42 range on a pistol (and not gauss)... you crazy? Laser pistols are low-tier...

Knife_cz

• TISM is the best band ever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2013, 09:50:08 pm »

A list of suggestions for these weapons?:

Give the Magneto-Laser Pistol back the "Weapon Perk" it had in Fallout 2, which was very different than the Penetrate perk we have now. This made the weapon have an automatic -50% Laser DR and -5 Laser DT, not what Penetrate currently does (which is DT/3). You can nerf the damage a small amount to account for this, but not enough that we wind back up where we are now. At least some variant of this old weapon perk that affects Laser DR and not just DT would still be good if -50% is deemed as too much (-30% for example would also be a good number).

Then do this!

Hell .223 pistol is also easily obtainable, is craftable and does a nice damage. I want some Pistol-EW-like-craftable gun too, that could be somewhat compared to .223 pistol.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 09:55:19 pm by Knife_cz »

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2013, 10:04:02 pm »
There is no need to boost low-tier weapons.
"Harder craft" - no, 2238 tried walking this path (remember crafting rockets one-by-one?) and this didn't work. It was a pain in the ass for solo players while gangs had plenty of everything.

By the way what about I make Solar Scorcher deal fire damage?
Fire would deal more dmg the laser to players, but the question is: Would it work with pyromaniac?

I'd also like to know Your opinion on boosting the range  of the 14mm pistol to over 30?
I may be broke, but I ain't broken (just twisted).