March 28, 2024, 07:16:36 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Some perks idea  (Read 4214 times)

abysse

• View Profile
Re: Some perks idea
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2017, 10:17:09 am »
That's 100% true, i think the same way and i know all that already, but we keep missing ( in fact all the post storm that happened the last hours are completely missing what i'd wish to speak about ) :

What if snipers had an ability to briefly "sneak" when hit for like 1-2 or even 3 seconds ?  ( Outside of TC area just in encounters )

Here i'm just sharing an idea to give snipers a small reaction time when a random burster spawn in your location 15 hex away ( and it's not for me, i'm often playing a burster myself. trying to innovate things.

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2017, 10:54:07 am »
So they said what I said but now it's 100% true.

Got some issues with me?

And for the overall 1-3 second hide-when-shot buff it's a crappy idea.

Sneaks are de-sneaked when shot but snipers would temporarily disappear when shot? So sneakers who would decide to take this perk on would be permanently invisible.

Better come up with something else, because they really don't need any boost.

You can better spend your time thinking about quests / searching for bugs / training your pvp abilities.
The Almighty Gaylords

Slowhand

• Go for the eye, Boo! Go for the eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2017, 12:15:13 pm »
That's 100% true, i think the same way and i know all that already, but we keep missing ( in fact all the post storm that happened the last hours are completely missing what i'd wish to speak about ) :

What if snipers had an ability to briefly "sneak" when hit for like 1-2 or even 3 seconds ?  ( Outside of TC area just in encounters )

Here i'm just sharing an idea to give snipers a small reaction time when a random burster spawn in your location 15 hex away ( and it's not for me, i'm often playing a burster myself. trying to innovate things.

If you try to balance something, and the first remark you make is that the mechanic has to work differently in different scenarios, maps, etc, is an indicator of a bad idea.

If the issue is the close spawn, fix that, make it so that you cannot spawn close to players with high perception or something like that. There have been ideas and discussion about the Curios Nature perk related to encounter spawning, wonder if they worked out.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2017, 01:14:33 pm »
I played sniper/crit builds from the start of my adventure here, and I think snipers are far better than previously. The only place where they suck, are dungeons. My sniper build is far better against NPCs with combat shotgun, than with sniper rifle :/
GUN FOR HIRE