March 28, 2024, 03:30:07 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: NPC ballance question  (Read 1769 times)

Maxim

• View Profile
NPC ballance question
« on: October 01, 2017, 09:46:20 pm »
I tried to make a dungeon, as i can tell, where you need to kill raiders camp. Quest is given by female npc in desert armor in room with mutant in NCR (don't remember her name).
There are 3 difficulty levels. I tried hardest and easiest.

In hardest NPCs have 290 av hp and tier 3 guns. I got destroyed, because i can't survive 2 bursts with 257 hp combat armor and 85% dmg reduction via perks and buffs. And to kill 1 guy i need 4-6 burst from LSW, because it does 50-90 av. damage per burst.

For hardest level this is ok, because it suppose to be done in a group ( as i understood)

But then i tried the easiest. Dialog option described difficulty as easy. When i got there, i saw same level HP raiders, but with complete trash weapon. Zip guns, 10mm pistols, LE BB Guns, best i saw was hunting rifle. But weapons seems to mean nothing to these guys. Not to say i still was need to put lots of bursts to kill any od them (by the way, they were wearing leather jackets, not andavnced power armors). But when they have run out of building this happened:

Zip guns, 10mm pistols, LE BB Guns, i repeat, critting for 60+ damage, and dooing it almost every third hit. NPCs having 290+ hp on EASY mode, and tough as hell.  Is this working as intended for easy?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 08:52:23 am by Maxim »

Seki

• View Profile
Re: NPC ballance question
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 10:49:34 pm »
There is no balance  8)

now seriously, yes, these npcs are a bit too much to solo, some changes would be nice
until then you should try in TB or in party

sam6321

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 12:11:46 am »
Yeah takes these in turn based for sure. I managed to do the hardest one duo in turn based, but we died a few times while doing it.
You'd need a fairly large team to do this in real time, I'd imagine.

Maxim

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 08:55:01 am »
Yeah takes these in turn based for sure. I managed to do the hardest one duo in turn based, but we died a few times while doing it.
You'd need a fairly large team to do this in real time, I'd imagine.

You are talking about hardest mode. I was talking about easiest. They should not be that strong on easy mode.

sam6321

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 09:16:34 am »
You are talking about hardest mode. I was talking about easiest. They should not be that strong on easy mode.

Sorry I wasn't particularly direct.
I was trying to make the point that the hardest mode is doable in turn based with two people, so the easiest is most likely doable in turn based with one person. You just have to be smart and careful about it.