Password:

Topic: Some thoughts  (Read 4142 times)

Johnny

• View Profile
Some thoughts
« on: September 27, 2017, 09:19:00 am »
Alright so I think I saw enough of this to post something:

ABOUT CONDITION

Alright so before item conditon wasnt applying when we had 300 gun skill. Obviously this was a bug, glad it was fixed.
But now the items are degrading wayyyy too fast.
Since you made oil cans nearly impossible to get now, i suggest you halve item degradation and item condition penalty on death.

ABOUT NEW BULLET REPARTITION SYSTEM

Ok so i've checked mojuk's formula and i didnt understand anything cause my maths skill level is 5%.
But I get it that the main idea is to nerf one hexing and make the game more Nweeb friendly.
I think that however you removed a feature that was very important for many players (including me) who like to solo dungeons wich is now impossible.

I'm sure that a compromise is possible here: I suspect the damage formula is the same at 1 or 2 hexes? I suggest to change this so one hex is still a feature but that the damage doesnt violently increase like in 1st session but that it still does considerably more damage from 1 Hex that from 2.

There is no reason why people with 500 ping or people using hexbot or some other dork program justify penalizing all the players.

ABOUT LEVELING

Ok so we all agree that private mines rendered leveling very easy in session 1. I also have heard that in session 2 the caravan was giving exp increasing with your level.
Now i get it you dont want to see easy leveling.
Just acknowledge one thing is that people will always find what's the most efficient way to level and they'll repeat it to get the level they need.
Why making something everyone had to go through a pain in the ass?
Please: Bring back the caravans improving exp depending on level.
           Don't make private mines visible to all, they are utterly useless now and you already added junk to every recipe so crafting is already nerfed no need to render it useless and grindy as fuck.

Alright so there is a difference between nerfing a feature and render it completly useless.
Surely we can find some middle ground here because overall you seem to get the main issues right but the solution are fucking radical.
I mean you literally go to white from black. I'm asking for some grey here.

Seki

• View Profile
Re: Some thoughts
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 10:12:42 am »
I disagree..
- 300% skill condition thing was fixed in 2nd season already and i dont feel like items deteriorate too fast, they last for quite long if you repair them with super tool kit
- its a multiplayer game, who said that you have to solo dungeons ? I like it way it is now, it encourges players to play together and for solo players there is alot other content
- i always felt like leveling through crafting and caravans was too fast in s1 and s2, it didnt took long time to reach a point when you didnt even know where to even put skill points because you already had all skills which you needed and then you lose motivation to level up
Everyone wants to level up faster and faster but sometime you have to think about what is better for game, not what you want.
Nerfing private mines does not affect new players and old players will find other way to level up, just look at vtdb leaderboards. I didnt play much this season (yet) and i made it to level 87 with only around 25 hours of playtime. If you time your telltales cooldown properly, you can make crazy exp.

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 10:28:00 am »
You know telltales were ninja nerfed? Now centaurs and floaters still number uno for exp

Onehex won't gonna be back because of how exploited it was, deal with it.

triqua

• Supporter & Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 11:51:57 am »
hmm one hex only in pve ? should be no problem to implement different dmg calculations between pve and pvp (depends on targets crittertype?)

DarknessValor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 07:38:20 pm »
i can certainly see why implementing some sort of XP scaling would be fair, maybe not level to level, purely because the higher level you are the less content there is thats worth doing honestly. It was certainly boring that all everyone did was caravans in season 2 i completely understand the nerf, but as i said it quickly becomes pointless to do them at all, even in end game dungeons like ares there is little incentive to go there as of now given the number of people it requires compared to the xp and loot rewards.

as far as hexing goes, i completely understand why it was removed as being one shot in pvp is pretty annoying and removes a lot of the strategy out of the game, this i dont mind being removed personally im not really sure how this could be changed and remain balanced in such a way that prevents people from using this tactic only. I suppose having a damage modifier to players rather than npcs would make sense based on distance assuming thats simple implementation.

As far as dropping items in pvp goes, me and my friends have talked about it pretty extensively, and it seems to me a fair way to do this would be perhaps dropping a certain percentage of whatever you are holding on death much like how it functions with NPCs. Drop 20% of your loot (for example) upon death instead of everything, randomly picked from your inventory thus giving that sense of danger from traveling to dangerous areas and a reason to fight each other, without necessarily losing everything you have as a rookie against a 10 man squad. Seems like a fair balance that cant be easily exploited for personal gain.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 09:10:17 pm »
What if you have one thing with you? How you will loose 20% of that gun, armor or toolkit? :D
GUN FOR HIRE

killer1986chris

• May your death at my hands be painless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 10:00:46 pm »
What if you have one thing with you? How you will loose 20% of that gun, armor or toolkit? :D
20% chance to lose said item?  I think a basic 20% roll on every piece of gear dropping would be simpler though.  So a good roll for someone with let's say 20 items might drop nothing and bad rolls could drop most of their stuff.

Apollo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2017, 12:00:57 am »

ABOUT LEVELING

Ok so we all agree that private mines rendered leveling very easy in session 1. I also have heard that in session 2 the caravan was giving exp increasing with your level.
Now i get it you dont want to see easy leveling.
Just acknowledge one thing is that people will always find what's the most efficient way to level and they'll repeat it to get the level they need.
Why making something everyone had to go through a pain in the ass?
Please: Bring back the caravans improving exp depending on level.
           Don't make private mines visible to all, they are utterly useless now and you already added junk to every recipe so crafting is already nerfed no need to render it useless and grindy as fuck.

Alright so there is a difference between nerfing a feature and render it completly useless.
Surely we can find some middle ground here because overall you seem to get the main issues right but the solution are fucking radical.
I mean you literally go to white from black. I'm asking for some grey here.

I could say I agree with some of this.

Game got nerfed to a point where the only way to get levels is either crafting or using farms. I was happy to see that even though caravans were nerfed, we had telltales as a PvE way of leveling, since I hate crafting and almost always go for a barter character to get my own sets of armor, guns and ammo. Desert critters are still a thing for grinding exp, but those don't give caps or anything worth selling (making my barter skill useless) making it harder for non crafters to get more gear to keep up with the leveling.

Now I'm not saying it's impossible to get levels killing NPCs now, but at higher levels it'll take a long time and a lot of extra work to keep up, and most of us can't spare enough time to do all this and at the same time enjoy the game, because after all it's just a game, it's meant to be fun, and no matter how much you nerf the exp grinding, like Johnny said, people will always look for the best way of grinding it.

That said, I can speak for myself and for my friends when I say that once you played this game for a long time the only thing we look for is getting levels, implants and other things like Power Armors. And having fun with the rest of the community of course. :)

I do like what the devs want to do with t4 though, that should allow everyone to get t4 items and not just a few factions/experienced players. And there's also been a lot of other good things...

I hope we can get a session where all the playstyles get the same rewards, that's all. Cheers.

Johnny

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2017, 10:04:41 am »
Thx to the guys who post wall of constructive feedback! You guys should be astronauts. Keep the posts coming make your voice count, Fuck the grind.

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2017, 10:22:40 am »
#FuckTheGrind
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2017, 11:41:53 am »
20% chance to lose said item?  I think a basic 20% roll on every piece of gear dropping would be simpler though.  So a good roll for someone with let's say 20 items might drop nothing and bad rolls could drop most of their stuff.
Now it has more sense, thx.
GUN FOR HIRE

Slowhand

• Go for the eye, Boo! Go for the eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2017, 01:28:15 pm »
PVE death and usage deterioration is good imo. I never run out of stuff basically, even with LK 1, having weapons blow up in my face sometimes. Note: I use Fast Shot spammer, that I believe is more cost efficient than most builds, at least on amo and weap deterioration.

Leveling to 30 is not that hard nor slow, unless you gimp yourself in every way possible, like Jinx, only melee, etc. Don't know about further, but you can have a decent character by 30 that can both craft and fight. What's the aim here, level 150 in 3 weeks after wipe? If you chose a 1 IN build, well, live with the strain, your choice.

Bullet repartition is strange, sometimes I miss target and hit another one instead, like 45 degrees to the right or left of original target.

+ Gun runners Mutie quest is too OP in rewards/loot, do that every day, it's quite fast, and your wealth is ensured.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 01:30:32 pm by Slowhand »

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2017, 02:32:43 pm »
Mutie quest op? wut its only worth time doing quest right now

Slowhand

• Go for the eye, Boo! Go for the eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2017, 12:37:50 pm »
Mutie quest op? wut its only worth time doing quest right now

Mutie quest is OP in rewards compared to other quest, but a nerf should not necessarily include rewards/loot nerf. It could be nerfed in the way it works and that would be an actual enhancement for PVE.

As I mentioned before, with full loot gone, PVE should be at least harsher now. The only way you can fail the mutie quest is loosing the package, which is almost impossible.

I suggest the following:
- Have the quest fail if you die, loosing all the stuff you invested, car/items you had on yourself as the location gets deleted.
- If you fail quest, you receive 3 days CD instead of 1 on success, and loose reputation with GR.
- Have a timer for quest, where you only get the option to choose the rewards if you finish in less than 30 minutes.

As you see all if these are nerf, but not the type where doing or trying to do the quest is not worth it.

Jean-Luc

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2017, 01:23:36 pm »
2238 Stockholm syndrome

I think that's what you have, Slowhand.
I have a better idea. Instead of nerfing more quests, buff the quests you nerfed to shit already.

Thank you for your consideration.