April 25, 2024, 01:28:06 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Re: Season 3 Thoughts  (Read 829 times)

Cheech

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Season 3 Thoughts
« on: September 24, 2017, 11:40:12 pm »
btw when u can loot all enemi fags so they wont come for a weak after it IT WAS SUCH A FUCKING SATISFACTION.

Programmer

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 09:56:05 am »
The world around us changes every second. Changes are and will be inevitable no matter if you want or not. Now it's time for FOnline changes. You can love or hate it - that's your opinion.

But it doesn't change the fact that people are able to adapt to the new situation sooner or later. If someone's problem is lack of certain feature in computer game then he or she should reflect about life. This is only game, in addition fan made based on another 20 years old game. Piece of software which can be changed in any time. This time it was changed as never before for some reasons - I guess the main reason is desire to change the status quo. And as you can see only hardcore PvP players are likely afraid changes because now they are forced to change their gameplay style. I don't want to insult this group of players but mostly most of them would like to see empty location with marked walls' hexes and the magic box which spawns 5 items.

Even
Spoiler: show
War, war never changes.

Programmer

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 12:35:45 pm »
4.) static XP in caravan
From a certain level there is no incentive to do some caravan. Its only nice until level 40 or so.
For now it all looks like it takes a verry long time to get a high level char. Exept for all players who dont have a real life...

I can agree with you. In previous session caravans were very enjoyable because of getting experience for high levels. It shows your progress and scalable expierience was great idea because the game was focusing on late game and you could do activities. Right now they are nerfed. Telltales too. Now we came back to time when you have to go desert and kill floaters and centaurs. Personally, I hate going desert because I would like to do quests like caravans or telltales and get nice reward for that time. What I want to is late game content, quests and activities with scalable rewards.

Anyway we are have something in common. We complain about changes which we don't like. Cheech doesn't like "no drop", I don't like low exp reward from caravans and quests. Someone else hates "nerfed" TC or lack of hexing.

Programmer

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 08:15:17 am »
Hexing is nice but on the other it is shit because it makes the game hex simulator.

Programmer

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 12:10:30 pm »
They don't do anything because there aren't news, updates and forum activity. People have already said some things are broken and should be fixed but nothing happen. The game still is broken and players counter is low because FOnline Reloaded exhausted all possibilities. Players are sad, bored, angry and wait for what? For wipe with reverted changes in next 3 years.

BTW, maybe merge these topics into current.
https://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=13020.msg106894#new
https://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=13022.0

Programmer

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 10:55:07 am »
@Programmer

People are disappointed for 3 main reasons: No hexing, No Looting, No old school TC. This is enough to ruin the PvP experience. And those who were mainly doing pvp are lost now. They can blame DEVs, they can blame the community, they can blame the game, in the end it won't change anything. (as my example of mapping for the community)
If the DEVs are not fixing bugs, maybe they have no time, maybe they don't know how to fix them.   

There is one more reason why players are disappointed: nerfed quests/PvE activities and no news/updates. All these issues make Reloaded burnt out. I don't want to blame players or developers but trolls, lazy and blind people enjoy current situation.

Programmer

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 12:42:42 pm »
People were repeating what's wrong, what's broken, what's causing many players to leave but they also mentioned what's good and appreciated the good work. Some people even donated (to my surprise also PvP players for whom this season isn't dedicated). People also brought many ideas how to fix things. If you only read that before you speak loud.

That's true but there is already 2018 and still we don't have fixed game. How sad it is...

Programmer

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2018, 04:47:32 pm »
Yes i did. If your message is that everything is broken, why you still playing and visit forum?

I think the main reason why people still visit forums and play (or not play at all) is sentiment. I used to enjoy fonline reloaded really much and I love this game but I can't stand status quo and any progress. People reported what should be changed and what? It's 2018 and still broken or unblanced features aren't fixed. From time to time I can only read Corosive's posts about asking for new features or some new activities. No, new features until existing features will be polished. But how long can we wait for simple fixes? We can't wait and believe lies forever.

Programmer

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2018, 10:22:44 am »
There are lots of new and very experimental stuff and that's why this session should be considered as a beta test. New possible bugs, exploits and broken parts of the game are to be expected. I didn't add (WIP) note to changelog but most of changes are WIP.

If this session lived up to Fallout's singleplayer experience then NMA would be all over it. Guess what, they aren't.

NMA doesn't like FOnline in general because FOnline 2238 and FOnline The Life After have started from wrong side several years ago and it means that every FOnline game is considered as boring game without content. You should add to this group people who don't play FOnline because Fallout is only singleplayer blabla, next people who don't know about changes because nobody talks about current session becasue as you can read above it's beta test with bugs and unbalanced content. Also NMA's people scary and avoid FOnline because of many different reasons and well I can't understand them but it's their choice. In addition "FOnline" has bad PR and you must admit - it isn't popular game at all. 2018 and do you think that somebody would like to play game when you have to wait for update few months or years? Even oldschool players prefer modern indie cRPGs but let's back to main topic.
Ihmo current beta session made huge step according to PvE content and don't say it's bad. Actually, Reloaded's PvE is really nice but it needs more love and improvemens which I and many players were writing in forums.

I bet you guys haven't even played 75% of the new content either.

I can agree and this simple sentence proves that most of "FOnline players" can't play the "Falloutish FOnline" because:

- they don't read dialogs so they don't know about quests, jobs and stuff like that BUT there is PipBoy's problem which makes quest tracking quite hard. Also people are lazy to read because these days we're "addicted" to the Internet's "reading" and we're lack of focusing
- they don't explore locations
- they don't collect several items so they don't get "bonus" exp, caps or bps
- and many more...

essemm

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2018, 09:26:41 am »
I played last session as a loner enjoying the PvE content. I loved the PvP aspect of the game because it added an extra element of danger to the game even though I never purposefully engaged in PvP gameplay. I would always run from a fight if able, fight if cornered, but usually died running. Course I rarely carried any gear on me at all, nothing that I couldn't replace easily anyways so the looting never really bugged me any. I can only think of one time I got killed carrying anything and that was when I was moving loot to my base from a FOB and got pulled into an encounter with a player. I lost lots of blueprints which bugged me. With that said, I want to play again this session but it seems to be in testing so I don't want to start then just get wiped again. I don't mind losing the stuff mind you, just all that time from last session is just wasted. I was only like level 45ish which was a huge grind for a player who probably never killed anything more significant than a bandit or a scorpion... What I am asking is with this new session, is it in test mode or is it the real deal?
it is probably going to be another 1,5-2 year of test session, so you are fine playing it.