March 28, 2024, 10:36:44 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Order of public/private Dungeon-like adventures for single melee  (Read 4433 times)

cthulchu

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Hi folks. The title may be a little bit confusing, but I'm about to explain.

The game (especially s3) has a lot of content that is a lot of fun to play/replay. And while sometimes I'm totally into
randomly exploring various quests, sometimes I just want to fight.

In this topic, I want to list dungeons with loot that are fun to clean up, ordering them by complexity for a completely melee build in RT (I love punching stuff). Please help me to add to the list since I'm totally not the one to know a lot of these things.

I will miss a lot of simpler ones. A lot of harder ones too, for sure. I expect people to add and I'll edit this post. Maybe once we have more of these, we can make an entry on wiki. I'm doing these at ~lvl60.

• [Private]When you die around SF, you end up at its respawn point. It's easy if you're careful. Fun, too. Yields some loot that would be useful for beginners. Some books there too.
  • [Private]The Cathedral Rat Problem
  • [Public]Gecko Sanctuary Boring and non-scripted/non-statted loot, but it's fun to do. Once or twice. A perfect place to farm fire gecko pelts since they don't have flame breath here and respawn quite quickly.
  • [Public]The next one by complexity would probably be the Abandoned Homestead We're talking melee, don't forget. You should start killing them from the girl with the flamethrower. Just keep her on the ground
  • [Private]The next one would be The Stranded Ship It's a bit more complex since it's not a lot of pleasure to go melee against BG. It's hard to keep robots down and you gotta be good at hotkey-using the fa/ss. But stranded ship is annoying since it requires two characters to proceed, so you have to run two windows, which is awkward, so I normally skip it. It has some good loot like a chance for unique CA and about 10k of caps among other less interesting things though. Used to have two oil cans :)
  • [Public]Next by melee complexity would be Vault 15. It's significantly more complex than the stranded ship, but has no T3. A lot of Unique T2 and some meds though. More XP, too. Requires some practice, but once you have it, it's quite exciting. Honestly, I would put some T3 there, but hey, it's still a lot of fun.
  • [Private]The Ridgecrest Hotel. It's very unpleasant. Doable by constantly using and managing chokepoints. Easy to die. Poor loot and overall reward. Not worth repeating
  • [Private]Even more complex for a solo melee would be the easiest of raider bases that you get sent to from NCR. It's unexpectedly hard for melee. I barely managed to finish it only relying on AI bugs. The loot and reward are nonsensical. This line of quests are not balanced yet.
  • [Private]The Mutie quest. If you can do it solo RT (or even TB) as a melee character, please make a vid. It may be possible with implants and very special builds in T4. But unfortunately, we don't have implants or T4, so this remains undoable.

Folks, please add to the list. Just tell me where do you think your entry fits. I'm eager to try other dungeons.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 05:09:26 am by cthulchu »

Wichura

• View Profile
Re: Order of public/private Dungeon-like adventures for single melee
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 06:19:52 pm »
Tried Gas Station from Junktown Scouts already?

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 10:17:39 pm »
Good idea, buddy! Don't we all love to punch stuff? I know i do. There is someone now with the faction name "Fight Club". Maybe an all-HtH team will form from it.

Anyway, i did GR mutie quest once solo in RT with only a Mega Power Fist, without dying. It took a few tries. Of course, max Strength and Heavy-Handed on full drugs was necessary. I did not have implants on that char, and it was not in Season 3. It mighta been Season 1, back when we had an all-HtH team. That team hit that quest a bunch of times - very fun.

Your post has me in the mood to reroll an HtH fighter and go start punching my way through these places.

cthulchu

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 05:14:23 am »
Tried Gas Station from Junktown Scouts already?

you mean the police station?

I believe all scout dungeons to be too difficult to solo in melee. Will either require too much ss or too much time in tb.

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 08:11:40 pm »
There is someone now with the faction name "Fight Club".
Rule number one bro, don't talk about Fight Club.

swinglinered

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 03:39:33 am »
There is someone now with the faction name "Fight Club".
Rule number one bro, don't talk about Fight Club.

Warehouse Basement?

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 06:08:06 pm »
Correct, back in ancient 2238 times, when this place was completely empty and unguarded.