April 24, 2024, 01:30:45 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: rancher dialog error at player farm  (Read 1310 times)

Rexo

• View Profile
rancher dialog error at player farm
« on: September 19, 2017, 09:30:26 pm »
hello, i encountered this bug with rancher at the player farm:
when i try to ask "how are the pens looking", the dialog shuts down and an error appears
firstly everything worked fine, i brought tamed brahmin many times to the farm stock (thats what the dialog option is used for), but once, when i came with a brahmin in party, i selected to [slaughter brahmin] first and then tried to select the "how are the pens looking" option, it crashed and since then it happens everytime, whether i have brahmin in party or not, it may have something to do with the bug

abysse

• View Profile
Re: rancher dialog error at player farm
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 11:36:16 am »
I have the same story, too bad it's the part of the farm i need the most...i can still breed brahmins as a "pis-aller"...

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 10:50:17 pm »
More info on this:

And more from another guy, referring to this image above:

"had that dialog with new farms. then after clicking for thousands times it fixed it self later on."
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 02:13:06 am by Henry »

abysse

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 06:08:24 pm »
For some reasons i can't trust the "just click and hope" option ;/ i'll just wait the fix :p

* I tried to spam him, with no effect.

If a Dev see this, please also add a persistant dialog ( See when you slaughter a brahmin you have to speak again ect ect if it's possible can you make all the options spammable , the farm slowly take large scales as time pass and i don't imagine clicking the npc :trade a water closing dialog opening it again like 200 times, thanks a lot in advance.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 05:21:11 am »
I was looking at the code today. It might somehow bug up when another player uses the brahmin system in a city. I might've duplicated the wrong code without knowing that it was "in use" at the same time as the farm code...

Test Server didn't have any Player Farm bugs at all, but seeing as there's a large amount of players doing stuff at the same time it looks like it might be causing issues. Give it some time, and we will solve this. Thanks for your report.