March 28, 2024, 02:47:09 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Season 3 Thoughts  (Read 50267 times)

Easy Pete

Re: Season 3 Thoughts
« Reply #150 on: May 08, 2018, 01:27:08 am »
And so the Great FOnline Mandala have done yet another circle.

Although last time I've read "go play singleplayer Fallouts u n00b" was on 2238 forum, towards some Mad Max Wannabes.
The Great FOnline Mandala doesn't exist. It got too worn out and broke to pieces.

1stSpectre

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 16, 2018, 01:45:57 pm »
I like most of the additions and changes. The tutorial area is a nice touch. I like that you can talk to most npcs for a mini quest when you die it is more of a no harm,no foul and get to keep your items. This may just be me but I don't remember getting absolutely rocked by AI at a lower level I uses to be able to fight against say a small bandit encounter. Overall though I am enjoying it and can't wait to check out the new stuff that has been added.

Parabellum

• Supporter
  • "Some Men Just Want to Watch the World Burn"
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 16, 2018, 06:29:34 pm »
Good, because its really a great game/project - just the lack of players to interact and play content with, is frustrating.
Even moreso, the fact, that "most" (not all) content is twice as effective to play solo, compared too, together. (Xp halved/split, loot halved/split.. ontop of scares loot drops especially statted..)

Taylor3006

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 23, 2018, 06:47:29 am »
I played last session as a loner enjoying the PvE content. I loved the PvP aspect of the game because it added an extra element of danger to the game even though I never purposefully engaged in PvP gameplay. I would always run from a fight if able, fight if cornered, but usually died running. Course I rarely carried any gear on me at all, nothing that I couldn't replace easily anyways so the looting never really bugged me any. I can only think of one time I got killed carrying anything and that was when I was moving loot to my base from a FOB and got pulled into an encounter with a player. I lost lots of blueprints which bugged me. With that said, I want to play again this session but it seems to be in testing so I don't want to start then just get wiped again. I don't mind losing the stuff mind you, just all that time from last session is just wasted. I was only like level 45ish which was a huge grind for a player who probably never killed anything more significant than a bandit or a scorpion... What I am asking is with this new session, is it in test mode or is it the real deal?

baskila

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 23, 2018, 09:45:15 am »
I played last session as a loner enjoying the PvE content. I loved the PvP aspect of the game because it added an extra element of danger to the game even though I never purposefully engaged in PvP gameplay. I would always run from a fight if able, fight if cornered, but usually died running. Course I rarely carried any gear on me at all, nothing that I couldn't replace easily anyways so the looting never really bugged me any. I can only think of one time I got killed carrying anything and that was when I was moving loot to my base from a FOB and got pulled into an encounter with a player. I lost lots of blueprints which bugged me. With that said, I want to play again this session but it seems to be in testing so I don't want to start then just get wiped again. I don't mind losing the stuff mind you, just all that time from last session is just wasted. I was only like level 45ish which was a huge grind for a player who probably never killed anything more significant than a bandit or a scorpion... What I am asking is with this new session, is it in test mode or is it the real deal?

I think that the current season will make you enjoy the game even more. I've been away for a long time and didn't play for a year. Just recently came back, noticed the changes and started playing again. One thing I can tell is that I love this game now! I'm enjoying the game more than ever before. I think that changes are great and changed the game for the better.
I play alone most of the time and before I had to skip through the dialogues from fear of being instakilled. I can finally travel around, explore the map and what's the most important - enjoy all the quests without constant frustration.  Don't get me wrong, you can still be killed but at least it's not that frustrating. I mean there's so much content in this game that I haven't realized before. Only now I can explore all of if and I'm having a blast doing it.
Also meeting other players is more natural now as before it was about who will shoot first. I already met new people and found many new quests (and creative funny dialogs along the way).
Started some PvP as well but I'll provide more feedback as I play more. Overall it's been great fun so far. Good job devs!

cthulchu

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 23, 2018, 02:52:22 pm »
baskila, that's how I felt in the beginning of s3.

I still enjoy quests and all the fun player interactions. However, there's no late game and the character progression is not smooth and rather short. Well, at least for a single player.

Many quests and locations still feel empty or emptyish, but nothing like in s2 for sure :)

Taylor3006

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 24, 2018, 10:39:18 am »
Thanks for the input everyone, I most certainly will give it another go. I have loved online gaming since text based MUDs and being a Fallout fan, was just thrilled to see an online version of the game. I really had a blast last session, like I said even not being a PvP player, it made it a thrilling experience. My adrenaline would be very high when trying to get to a good workbench in a PvP town to craft items. I can not tell you how many times I would enter a map and turn around like a pussy and run because I saw something move out of the corner of my eye! I look forward to the new content, it looks great but what I look forward to more now is a bit more social interaction with the other players. It sounds like I will be able to do a bit more exploring than last time. Thanks again and hope to see everyone in game!

Daytona

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 29, 2018, 12:04:27 am »
I'm loving that I don't lose all my stuff when I die. This lets me go out and do fun things without worrying. I just worry that there may not be enough pvp death penalty to incentivize giving up when you know you have lost. I'm not to that part of pvp yet though.   

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 29, 2018, 06:43:03 am »
I'm loving that I don't lose all my stuff when I die. This lets me go out and do fun things without worrying. I just worry that there may not be enough pvp death penalty to incentivize giving up when you know you have lost. I'm not to that part of pvp yet though.

Some people still rage-quit after dying for the second/third time on Town Control.

You remove loot drop and people start crying about losing deteo on their Combat Armor Mark II +1 end, -1 crit chance, +5 noobiness, +10 retardness 

The Almighty Gaylords

Parabellum

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 29, 2018, 08:41:38 am »
Without wanting to make sciene out of it.....

But isn't it just simply the effing same, in a diffrent dress ?

Look.. whats it matter, whever you need to farm renegades 10h in a row to get a single dope statted ca mk2, and not losing until 10h or whatever in constant TC use.
Or loot being enabled, finding 100 trashy ones you can pile up never use or even pick up, or even a good ones in less time and losing it again in just as much time.

It's just a flippin diffrent approach, that they preferred for reasons.
To me it seems like switching from nike to adidas.

I ever since had this view and never since wanted to bother with such a dum topic but thats how I see it.

Maybe its the fact, that the human brain detests nothing more than change and that's something I can actually relate with, being someone who been in a certain place, but it's probably also one of the factors that keep it going the most... and keeping it going = staying keen and sharp. Letting it freeze/rot = dimming the lights. Without wanting to come up with some scientificaly stuff but thats how it is.
Scientists actually found out (lmfao - and its not an effin pun) that repetive gameplay as can be found in WoW or similar games, wich is referred to as grinding reduces the brain mass and gameplay with new impressions and stimuli actually enhances affected brain areals.
Atleast a pro is (according to them) commonly found in gamers, that areas in the brain like the rewarding system are better developed than those who are not gamers and am pretty damn sure mine is developed *AF* lol.

Parabellum

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 29, 2018, 08:45:50 am »
Well in some vids of s1 or s2, I seen tremendous piles of loot flying around in someones private base, on the ground, like.. totally cluttered with shit the dude would never use in his entire life time.. like whats the point even anyway..

I think it was Kompensators lmfao baserape vid on the forum or sumin kek.