June 22, 2018, 03:08:53 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Season 3 Thoughts  (Read 8306 times)

Ultred

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Season 3 Thoughts
« Reply #150 on: February 25, 2018, 05:27:55 pm »
Just make all towns safe except for tc and bring back loot drop. This way people dont scrounge together caps just to get ambushed trying to get a profession or something. That was the real abuse of the game by ultra trolls. The loot drop did add some excitement /reason to this.  Ut campers in dungeons and in towns spoiled it for many.
"If I'm going to die for a word, my word is pussy." - Animal Mother

Shamessa

• Peacekeepers Squad
    • View Profile
    • Rulers and Empires
« Reply #151 on: March 10, 2018, 11:14:24 am »
Hm, just dropped by to visit server and to see if players love the changes (no loot, in particular) and since September 2017 playerbase dropped by 70% of what Season 2 used to have. That was BAD change. Yes, I said that before multiple times, even when S2 prima aprillis fun was made for No Loot and yet most people bitched at me, arguing that no Loot is a must. No, my friends:

I will repear shortly. I started play F1 and F2 in 1996 and I loved those games. As a teenager (I was 16yo that time) i dreamed to have it multiplayer (well, there was no internet in Poland, but young boy can dream of his own party in the wastelands). So, when i found FOnline I was more then happy. Game was HARSH for newbies, many things worked different then in original games (F1 and F2), but the thrill of being pray or a hunter made it worth of play. In season 2 I had lots of fun with my friends from Peacekeepers, and I wanted to see some changes in upcoming Season 3. Well, PVE changes were great and PVE change of Hexing was even good too, but No loot killed this game for me - I see no point for playing multiplayer game that feels like singleplayer, where interaction between players is based only on some trading (if there is) or dumb shooting.

And if there are some players who LiKe this change, well maybe that 35 average/day shows how good that change was.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 10, 2018, 07:11:52 pm »
It's funny when people who used to abuse certain game features by running multiple game clients are talking about average player number as indicator of anything  :D

I have absolutely no problem with some troublemakers (sadly, 90% of them are/were pvp players) not playing the game, less headache for me. Nowadays I receive no reports from desperate people just because they died, killed by another dude who fastrelogged, duallogged, or reportedly received some GM help abuse from me, free scouting or whatever. I don't waste tons of time removing stupid posts/threads made only to annoy some other pvp faction, and numerous new accounts of idiots that were banned previously for posting total crap.

I have to admit, it's something very good. If I knew, I would make such changes long ago. There are much less assholes playing the game and it saves a lot of our time.

The rest of players plays the game as usual, people come and go after playing for a while. Stay tuned for an update that has been prepared mostly by Corosive, we'll throw it into the game after we fix some minor recent problems. Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 07:23:56 pm by Kilgore »

Shamessa

• Peacekeepers Squad
    • View Profile
    • Rulers and Empires
« Reply #153 on: March 11, 2018, 04:40:16 pm »
It's funny when people who used to abuse certain game features by running multiple game clients are talking about average player number as indicator of anything  :D

I know you aiming at me. At some point I used  1 (one) account to run through desert in order to find SE, which gave me 5 SE during ten days and It was NOT against rules, but I believe (and admit) it was abusage - turned out with ban for that account and I agreed with that. Second account was played without any distortions. So, if you hint that 1 character logged for around ten days was boosting playerbase count for almost 2 years of Season 2... that makes me laugh :)

By reading your post I noticed one thing, in history of mankind there was a person who ruled some part of globe and spoke like you: No people, no problem :) At this moment FOnline has 75% player base shortened, and you are happy because people don't bitch/do stupid post? Well, forum seems to be abandoned, game is deserted, and Fallout 2 stand alone seems better option because of story (and some much better gear gained there). I will tell you a secret: if there will be no players at all, there will be no post/messages ect. Great, don't you agree?

There were some problems with Session 2 (I don't know the talks about cheating, because I never knew about cheats here), but seems S3 did good job in getting it fixed and I liked new features. Except no loot. And I am speaking from position where I can honestly say I am average player in terms of skill, thus this I was cannon fodder for most experienced players. I produced more gear then I could get of players by killing them and I still liked it. The thrill of a hunt was essence of Fallout online. Since it's gone and 75% get off board, seems not only I was here for that feature.

danivalus

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 11, 2018, 07:31:12 pm »
Agree with Shamessa... Nice words "The thrill of a hunt was essence of Fallout online."

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 11, 2018, 09:22:16 pm »

Okay I guess that you will feel better playing Fallout 2 instead of posting your sorrows on a dead board, so why waste time on it?

Shamessa

• Peacekeepers Squad
    • View Profile
    • Rulers and Empires
« Reply #156 on: March 12, 2018, 04:07:05 pm »
I don't feel wasting time writing this - I have high hopes that there will be change for No Loot system, that's all. It's the same thing I had high hopes as a teenager to play and compete online with other players - that dream come true when I found FOnline. You should see my face when I loged for the first time. Since last September I visit forums and the game to see if there is change that will give me what I (and not only I) want to see :)

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 13, 2018, 07:06:40 am »
And so the Great FOnline Mandala have done yet another circle.

Although last time I've read "go play singleplayer Fallouts u n00b" was on 2238 forum, towards some Mad Max Wannabes.

Easy Pete

« Reply #158 on: May 08, 2018, 01:27:08 am »
And so the Great FOnline Mandala have done yet another circle.

Although last time I've read "go play singleplayer Fallouts u n00b" was on 2238 forum, towards some Mad Max Wannabes.
The Great FOnline Mandala doesn't exist. It got too worn out and broke to pieces.

1stSpectre

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 16, 2018, 01:45:57 pm »
I like most of the additions and changes. The tutorial area is a nice touch. I like that you can talk to most npcs for a mini quest when you die it is more of a no harm,no foul and get to keep your items. This may just be me but I don't remember getting absolutely rocked by AI at a lower level I uses to be able to fight against say a small bandit encounter. Overall though I am enjoying it and can't wait to check out the new stuff that has been added.

Parabellum

• Supporter
  • Most losers kms, I helpful and kys.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 16, 2018, 06:29:34 pm »
Good, because its really a great game/project - just the lack of players to interact and play content with, is frustrating.
Even moreso, the fact, that "most" (not all) content is twice as effective to play solo, compared too, together. (Xp halved/split, loot halved/split.. ontop of scares loot drops especially statted..)

Taylor3006

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 23, 2018, 06:47:29 am »
I played last session as a loner enjoying the PvE content. I loved the PvP aspect of the game because it added an extra element of danger to the game even though I never purposefully engaged in PvP gameplay. I would always run from a fight if able, fight if cornered, but usually died running. Course I rarely carried any gear on me at all, nothing that I couldn't replace easily anyways so the looting never really bugged me any. I can only think of one time I got killed carrying anything and that was when I was moving loot to my base from a FOB and got pulled into an encounter with a player. I lost lots of blueprints which bugged me. With that said, I want to play again this session but it seems to be in testing so I don't want to start then just get wiped again. I don't mind losing the stuff mind you, just all that time from last session is just wasted. I was only like level 45ish which was a huge grind for a player who probably never killed anything more significant than a bandit or a scorpion... What I am asking is with this new session, is it in test mode or is it the real deal?

baskila

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 23, 2018, 09:45:15 am »
I played last session as a loner enjoying the PvE content. I loved the PvP aspect of the game because it added an extra element of danger to the game even though I never purposefully engaged in PvP gameplay. I would always run from a fight if able, fight if cornered, but usually died running. Course I rarely carried any gear on me at all, nothing that I couldn't replace easily anyways so the looting never really bugged me any. I can only think of one time I got killed carrying anything and that was when I was moving loot to my base from a FOB and got pulled into an encounter with a player. I lost lots of blueprints which bugged me. With that said, I want to play again this session but it seems to be in testing so I don't want to start then just get wiped again. I don't mind losing the stuff mind you, just all that time from last session is just wasted. I was only like level 45ish which was a huge grind for a player who probably never killed anything more significant than a bandit or a scorpion... What I am asking is with this new session, is it in test mode or is it the real deal?

I think that the current season will make you enjoy the game even more. I've been away for a long time and didn't play for a year. Just recently came back, noticed the changes and started playing again. One thing I can tell is that I love this game now! I'm enjoying the game more than ever before. I think that changes are great and changed the game for the better.
I play alone most of the time and before I had to skip through the dialogues from fear of being instakilled. I can finally travel around, explore the map and what's the most important - enjoy all the quests without constant frustration.  Don't get me wrong, you can still be killed but at least it's not that frustrating. I mean there's so much content in this game that I haven't realized before. Only now I can explore all of if and I'm having a blast doing it.
Also meeting other players is more natural now as before it was about who will shoot first. I already met new people and found many new quests (and creative funny dialogs along the way).
Started some PvP as well but I'll provide more feedback as I play more. Overall it's been great fun so far. Good job devs!

cthulchu

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 23, 2018, 02:52:22 pm »
baskila, that's how I felt in the beginning of s3.

I still enjoy quests and all the fun player interactions. However, there's no late game and the character progression is not smooth and rather short. Well, at least for a single player.

Many quests and locations still feel empty or emptyish, but nothing like in s2 for sure :)

Taylor3006

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 24, 2018, 10:39:18 am »
Thanks for the input everyone, I most certainly will give it another go. I have loved online gaming since text based MUDs and being a Fallout fan, was just thrilled to see an online version of the game. I really had a blast last session, like I said even not being a PvP player, it made it a thrilling experience. My adrenaline would be very high when trying to get to a good workbench in a PvP town to craft items. I can not tell you how many times I would enter a map and turn around like a pussy and run because I saw something move out of the corner of my eye! I look forward to the new content, it looks great but what I look forward to more now is a bit more social interaction with the other players. It sounds like I will be able to do a bit more exploring than last time. Thanks again and hope to see everyone in game!