March 29, 2024, 03:20:46 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Season 3 Thoughts  (Read 50293 times)

intruders

• View Profile
Re: Season 3 Thoughts
« Reply #135 on: February 22, 2018, 11:04:29 pm »
Okay, which bits of Season 3 are enjoyable?

Kilgore memes.

sam.hyde

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 23, 2018, 12:17:32 am »
You know... we have source available for Season 1 + 2. Have you considered making your own server? There are many others. If they aren't popular by now, then clearly their design and ideas are not very popular. Since the release of Season 3, I have not seen a single new server trying to make FOnline Great Again! What gives? Methinks that most people's opinion on what makes a good FOnline server is simply wrong, or else they'd be wayyyy more popular servers outside of the mainstream ones like Reloaded.

Keep bitching though, maybe someday your efforts will produce something new? Until then, suck it up, and enjoy Season 3! New content coming soon! All news is usually talked about over Discord, and not the forums. So if you're out of the loop on upcoming planned features I will not be surprised why!

Yes! We have talked about so many new and planned features, we even have a Trello! But you probably didn't know that, did you? I bet you guys haven't even played 75% of the new content either. Enjoy your tears :)
yeah, because definitely i should have to make my own server to enjoy a game.. maybe your team should take criticism from it's players into account instead of stroking your own ego? just because your game is free and done by a small team does not mean it's devoid of criticism. but you can do whatever you want with it, the player numbers speak for itself  ::)
Spoiler: show

Rinzler

• Sarcasm mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 23, 2018, 01:37:24 pm »
Yes I think the difference between a developer and a player confuses him, though I think the aversion to criticism (otherwise known as 'crying') is something that has been part of the culture for a long time.

When you get angry please try to remember it is not really me you are angry with, my words have simply triggered your pre-existing anger and in doing so created a false reality where it’s all my fault.

2238mudcrab

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 25, 2018, 12:30:38 am »
If this session lived up to Fallout's singleplayer experience then NMA would be all over it. Guess what, they aren't.

Rinzler

• Sarcasm mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 25, 2018, 11:55:47 am »
Well, I did all those things and while, as I've said before the quest stuff is nice, it is no substitute for the PvP and vibrant community there was before.

And yes I was aware this is a 'beta test' (albeit a very long one) and in keeping with the fine tradition of tests, what's happening now is known as "feedback".
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 04:49:19 pm by Rinzler »
When you get angry please try to remember it is not really me you are angry with, my words have simply triggered your pre-existing anger and in doing so created a false reality where it’s all my fault.

jobany

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 25, 2018, 02:24:14 pm »
I bet you guys haven't even played 75% of the new content either.
Many of the players wasn't playing for the PVE side of the game. And whats the point of playing a multiplayer game if you don't meet anyone in the wastes? Because now you clearly won't.

I love fact that you still haven't given any good reason why hexing and loot were removed. It seems like all this is just a massive trolling.
Me and the people i played this session with have checked the new content, and tbh many of the quests are just dont feel falloutish at all. I don't get the telltales either. Thousand-year old bugs and abuses are still not fixed, suggestions and feedback aren't welcome, and other than you adding some new quests nothing significant happened (except killing PVP as a whole).

Now that full loot and hexing is gone, people expected at least some kind of rebalance regarding pvp activities, dungeons and their loot, etc, but of course nothing happened. The current session which cannot even be called a beta did not match the expectations of 3 years of "development" that is claimed to be done.

TL;DR you guys arent good devs and managed to fuck up everything, yet you think you did an amazing job and its all the players' fault. Looking forward to your response with the keywords "cry", "hater", "pvp ape", etc. Im out.

bayer monsanto

« Reply #141 on: February 25, 2018, 05:06:28 pm »
I'm also disenchanted by this session, I understand changes to hex and no drop was a good experiment. I gave the session a benefit of doubt and tried to enjoy it. The changes to crafting, leveling, town control am unhappy with. No loot now seems like a bad idea. Sniper needs high level and now leveling through crafting was removed which is a bad for snipers. I don't enjoy the quests, I think they are cheesy, too dramatic, wordy, and poorly written. Feels like no new features except the quests and nerf to crafting, private mines, leveling, and a furniture shop with no new base furniture.

Ultred

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 25, 2018, 05:27:55 pm »
Just make all towns safe except for tc and bring back loot drop. This way people dont scrounge together caps just to get ambushed trying to get a profession or something. That was the real abuse of the game by ultra trolls. The loot drop did add some excitement /reason to this.  Ut campers in dungeons and in towns spoiled it for many.
"If I'm going to die for a word, my word is pussy." - Animal Mother

Shamessa

• Freelancer
    • View Profile
    • Rulers and Empires
« Reply #143 on: March 10, 2018, 11:14:24 am »
Hm, just dropped by to visit server and to see if players love the changes (no loot, in particular) and since September 2017 playerbase dropped by 70% of what Season 2 used to have. That was BAD change. Yes, I said that before multiple times, even when S2 prima aprillis fun was made for No Loot and yet most people bitched at me, arguing that no Loot is a must. No, my friends:

I will repear shortly. I started play F1 and F2 in 1996 and I loved those games. As a teenager (I was 16yo that time) i dreamed to have it multiplayer (well, there was no internet in Poland, but young boy can dream of his own party in the wastelands). So, when i found FOnline I was more then happy. Game was HARSH for newbies, many things worked different then in original games (F1 and F2), but the thrill of being pray or a hunter made it worth of play. In season 2 I had lots of fun with my friends from Peacekeepers, and I wanted to see some changes in upcoming Season 3. Well, PVE changes were great and PVE change of Hexing was even good too, but No loot killed this game for me - I see no point for playing multiplayer game that feels like singleplayer, where interaction between players is based only on some trading (if there is) or dumb shooting.

And if there are some players who LiKe this change, well maybe that 35 average/day shows how good that change was.

Freelancer

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 10, 2018, 07:11:52 pm »
It's funny when people who used to abuse certain game features by running multiple game clients are talking about average player number as indicator of anything  :D

I have absolutely no problem with some troublemakers (sadly, 90% of them are/were pvp players) not playing the game, less headache for me. Nowadays I receive no reports from desperate people just because they died, killed by another dude who fastrelogged, duallogged, or reportedly received some GM help abuse from me, free scouting or whatever. I don't waste tons of time removing stupid posts/threads made only to annoy some other pvp faction, and numerous new accounts of idiots that were banned previously for posting total crap.

I have to admit, it's something very good. If I knew, I would make such changes long ago. There are much less assholes playing the game and it saves a lot of our time.

The rest of players plays the game as usual, people come and go after playing for a while. Stay tuned for an update that has been prepared mostly by Corosive, we'll throw it into the game after we fix some minor recent problems. Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 07:23:56 pm by Kilgore »

Shamessa

• Freelancer
    • View Profile
    • Rulers and Empires
« Reply #145 on: March 11, 2018, 04:40:16 pm »
It's funny when people who used to abuse certain game features by running multiple game clients are talking about average player number as indicator of anything  :D

I know you aiming at me. At some point I used  1 (one) account to run through desert in order to find SE, which gave me 5 SE during ten days and It was NOT against rules, but I believe (and admit) it was abusage - turned out with ban for that account and I agreed with that. Second account was played without any distortions. So, if you hint that 1 character logged for around ten days was boosting playerbase count for almost 2 years of Season 2... that makes me laugh :)

By reading your post I noticed one thing, in history of mankind there was a person who ruled some part of globe and spoke like you: No people, no problem :) At this moment FOnline has 75% player base shortened, and you are happy because people don't bitch/do stupid post? Well, forum seems to be abandoned, game is deserted, and Fallout 2 stand alone seems better option because of story (and some much better gear gained there). I will tell you a secret: if there will be no players at all, there will be no post/messages ect. Great, don't you agree?

There were some problems with Session 2 (I don't know the talks about cheating, because I never knew about cheats here), but seems S3 did good job in getting it fixed and I liked new features. Except no loot. And I am speaking from position where I can honestly say I am average player in terms of skill, thus this I was cannon fodder for most experienced players. I produced more gear then I could get of players by killing them and I still liked it. The thrill of a hunt was essence of Fallout online. Since it's gone and 75% get off board, seems not only I was here for that feature.

Freelancer

danivalus

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 11, 2018, 07:31:12 pm »
Agree with Shamessa... Nice words "The thrill of a hunt was essence of Fallout online."

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 11, 2018, 09:22:16 pm »

Okay I guess that you will feel better playing Fallout 2 instead of posting your sorrows on a dead board, so why waste time on it?

Shamessa

• Freelancer
    • View Profile
    • Rulers and Empires
« Reply #148 on: March 12, 2018, 04:07:05 pm »
I don't feel wasting time writing this - I have high hopes that there will be change for No Loot system, that's all. It's the same thing I had high hopes as a teenager to play and compete online with other players - that dream come true when I found FOnline. You should see my face when I loged for the first time. Since last September I visit forums and the game to see if there is change that will give me what I (and not only I) want to see :)

Freelancer

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 13, 2018, 07:06:40 am »
And so the Great FOnline Mandala have done yet another circle.

Although last time I've read "go play singleplayer Fallouts u n00b" was on 2238 forum, towards some Mad Max Wannabes.