April 19, 2024, 09:12:08 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Season 3 Thoughts  (Read 50558 times)

Mad Matt

• View Profile
Re: Season 3 Thoughts
« Reply #105 on: November 23, 2017, 12:51:32 pm »
New features are coming to help reignite server.

Thanks for info <3
GUN FOR HIRE

bish001

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 12, 2017, 10:19:16 am »
I tried to like it but the no loot is too much for me, ruined game... rip fallout online reloaded, you will always have a place in my heart^^

Forman

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 19, 2017, 08:28:09 am »
I like a special application for Fallout on Android - Fallout Shelter! it's awesome! thank you for this video attaching! this season is gonna be perfect!

psyyycH

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 19, 2017, 10:36:35 am »
I like a special application for Fallout on Android - Fallout Shelter! it's awesome! thank you for this video attaching! this season is gonna be perfect!

fuck of bethesda, no one wants to play ur gayass faggot games

Vater

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 31, 2018, 02:06:14 am »
It's natural for many to blame other people for faults. Crying for session 2 coming back is just selfish thinking about the game and what you need from the game. Chin up!, and be more objective.

First of all: what software is? BITS. We can set the rules, change it many times, improve the game, step back, step forward. Everything depends on the communication between people involved. And some of you crying like babies that something you like has changed and will never come back. Maybe because you just simply can't kindly present any idea. It's a game for adult pople, be adult please.

Always start from yourself. If the game you like has changed, it seems that some other people didnt like it as much as you. Want to be egoistic in the community? You have the result.

Be objective, dont think only about yourself and your friends, this incredible game should be played by hundreds, not dozens.

If you dont like something, tell what you like first, and tell what you dislike kindly and try to understand people who thinks opposite, not like baby who wants a candy. Many of you only put pressure on devs, without approving anything. It doesn't work this way :)

I really like this game and i feel that current mechanics is a response for abusing the game by some people in the past. Some of them, unfortunately will never notice this issue. This game shoud be treated gently, because there is a great idea behind it.

I still have fun, i like new quests, dungeons, and i'm gona present some new ideas in further posts.

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 31, 2018, 11:10:57 am »
I'm not really sure if you played season 1 and season 2 but what you said is a bullshit.

We played and some of us still play this game and we liked and disliked things in season 2 as well as we like and dislike things in season 3.

The difference between season 2 & season 3 is not small and it has a huge impact to (now I can say it) 50%+ of player-base.

People were repeating what's wrong, what's broken, what's causing many players to leave but they also mentioned what's good and appreciated the good work. Some people even donated (to my surprise also PvP players for whom this season isn't dedicated). People also brought many ideas how to fix things. If you only read that before you speak loud.

So, take your wanna-be-adult-and-clever message back and stick it up right into your ass, because it has no added value.

Constructive criticism as well as appreciation has already been told, so there's no need in bringing this all back.

PS: PvE players are getting bored too - if you didn't know.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 11:12:39 am by POWERPUFF »
The Almighty Gaylords

jobany

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 31, 2018, 02:49:42 pm »
If you take a look at the Initial changelog (of season 1) you can see that a huge amount of work has been done in a relatively short timespan and also tons of changelogs in the upcoming year. Then the wipe was "announced" less than a year after the start - followed by years without any significant updates. I am sure that this was the point when the development has overall stopped and the dev team started giving 0 fucks, otherwise we would have a great game by now.

While i don't see a problem with that, i do not understand the decision of running the game for almost 4 more years after the interest in development has declined. Kilgore is right, noone is forced to play the game, and it's free, they dont owe the players anything, blah blah, but the game was already very popular and if you typed "FOnline" in Google, the first thing that came up was always Reloaded. They have made a popular game with great potential and they decided to stop working on it.

But that's okay, perhaps they got busy in life or just became bored with devving, there is nothing wrong about that. Then the most reasonable and obvious decision would have been to give the leadership to another dev team (and as far as i have heard there were some volunteers for that) and let them take the legacy, and even though the source code has been released, another project just simply could not compete with the fame the Reloaded "trademark" has. So instead we got years of silence and a wipe, for which people asked because of the unbalanced pre-wipe-smelling updates during the first session, and which brought some balance and new client features, but nothing revolutionary. Hence the nickname "session 1.5".

I am pretty sure that the current Season 3 is nowhere close to what the dev team has initially planned, instead it is just a half-complete, bugged emergency bone that is thrown into the crowd to chew on and shut them up. Also the "i am devving for fun sometimes at weekends but that's all" attitude does not fit a game with this large popularity (not the player numbers, but the registered forum users and overall gamers ever found this game).

There's no doubt that the core playerbase (so-cal PVP apes) of Reloaded is above-average cancerous (Khans coming here was just fuel to the fire), and i can understand the fact that Kilgore has lost motivation to do anything for these people. You are right, you owe us nothing, but i don't think it would've been so much of an effort to say "Hey, fuck you's all, we arent developing the game anymore, there wont be a real wipe and y'all can fuck off finally". Other than that, they are the majority, if we dont count the newcomers who leave after 2 days of playing because of disappointment/getting bored to death, or the 20 players that play on a regular basis today (bots?).

I love the fact that there are still many bugs and exploits that are thousand years old and would take few minutes to fix. The attempts to balance the server usually ended up with half-solutions such as removing reno locker instead of rebalancing its loot, or removing hexing "because of hex bots" which are said to be "easy to detect" and therefore easy to make an anticheat script against, or removing full loot to avoid new players being made RQ too early - instead of making a proper noob protection system. Just to mention a more recent case, Telltales got nerfed so much that they are not worth to do at all.

Other than all of that, to quote someone who wrote in this thread earlier, if a casual Fallout fan wants to have real PVE experience, they will go and play the original Fallout 1/2. PVE in FOnline should mean quests and group tasks that require player (versus player) interaction to complete to take advantage of the fact that its a multiplayer game. PVE should'nt be about loners doing quests by themselves. Of course the game requires this kind of content too, but NOT at the cost of removing the two core aspects of PVP gameplay and basically ruining the whole thing. And again, there are little to no updates since the wipe so people are fed up reasonably. I think Reloaded still has the largest potential among all FOnlines, but the development has took a wrong way and it would be a pity if the game died this way.

The best thing about reloaded was the fact that you could get stuff easily and then just go and PVP, except there were a relatively small amount of places where you could find players to kill. FO2 has already implemented many good ideas regarding balance and PVP opportunities, but the game is an autistic grindfest and if you are not a hardcore masochist you wouldn't enjoy your stay there. All that Reloaded needed was more dungeons/random events, balanced loot, nerf to bottable stuff, nerf to grenade launcher, and a more balanced economy. This alone could've made it the greatest server and after this you could have thought about the next steps of development.

FOnline has been around for almost a decade and still noone could make a decent game with more than 200 players, and it's not the graphics or the age of the game to blame. It's probably better to let Reloaded and the rest fade away and look for other games, at least the internet can forget about one of its most cancer smelling places which is this community including the devs.

Vater

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 31, 2018, 03:15:34 pm »
I'm not really sure if you played season 1 and season 2

Yes i did. If your message is that everything is broken, why you still playing and visit forum?
You can offend me and spell clever comebacks, but it doesnt change anything.
We are here becouse we like or liked this game, so we all have the same goal - to make it alive again.
I know that many people put a lot effort in trying to change things and nothing happened for many years, but is complaining only thing you can do now?

Rinzler

• Sarcasm mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 31, 2018, 03:27:04 pm »

The best thing about reloaded was the fact that you could get stuff easily and then just go and PVP, except there were a relatively small amount of places where you could find players to kill. FO2 has already implemented many good ideas regarding balance and PVP opportunities, but the game is an autistic grindfest and if you are not a hardcore masochist you wouldn't enjoy your stay there. All that Reloaded needed was more dungeons/random events, balanced loot, nerf to bottable stuff, nerf to grenade launcher, and a more balanced economy. This alone could've made it the greatest server and after this you could have thought about the next steps of development.

That exactly.

For what it is worth I actually like the new quests but I would have liked to have seen them added to the game I was playing not a completely different game which just looks like the one I used to play. I keep trying to like Reloaded with all the rough edges taken off for "Health & Safety" reasons but I can't.
When you get angry please try to remember it is not really me you are angry with, my words have simply triggered your pre-existing anger and in doing so created a false reality where it’s all my fault.

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 31, 2018, 06:06:40 pm »
I'm not really sure if you played season 1 and season 2

Yes i did. If your message is that everything is broken, why you still playing and visit forum?
You can offend me and spell clever comebacks, but it doesnt change anything.
We are here becouse we like or liked this game, so we all have the same goal - to make it alive again.
I know that many people put a lot effort in trying to change things and nothing happened for many years, but is complaining only thing you can do now?

You just proved several things:
You know nothing about this community.
You know nothing about me.
You didn't and don't read or you have hard time to understand written text.
You repeat empty words.

You are not worth my time explaining these points, you are simply dumb and without experiences but trying to look clever, that's it.
The Almighty Gaylords

Vater

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 31, 2018, 07:25:23 pm »
You just proved several things:
You know nothing about this community.
You know nothing about me.
You didn't and don't read or you have hard time to understand written text.
You repeat empty words.

You are not worth my time explaining these points, you are simply dumb and without experiences but trying to look clever, that's it.

Yeah, but you know everything about me instatntly, like that im "dumb". The only person who wants to look smart in this conversation is you, my dear. I didnt attack anyone personally in my first post, but you took it personally, i dont know why. I still will not offend you, but you do it with pleasure. I think you have a problem, because you cant stand other people's voice, and trying to shut my mouth with your trashtalk. You are experienced player, but a snob. Lets finish, talking with you leads to nowhere.

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 01, 2018, 09:16:46 am »
Game is deceased. However life sprouts from death.

I am not happy with how this season went, but I won't bludgeon what the developers are attempting to do with it now.

R.I.P my lads from Season 2, and if any of you are playing this season I wish you good times :)
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

Hyinforti

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 01, 2018, 05:43:40 pm »
So much dread and doom in this thread, jees take some anti-depressants lol.

The last two days i've seen an influx of new players, who i believe like most nowadays aren't very interested in pvp.
They just wanna shoot npc's with friends. Pvp may be what the game used to be all about, but times seem to have changed, don't be salty.

I think focusing more on PvE and RP would be a good idea, let fo2 focus on pvp.

Also, not to sound conspiratorial but whenever i question people ingame that in chat do little more than bash the game. It always turns out they are from fo2 community. I get the feeling they want to see reloaded fail. Don't let up developers! You have a strong fanbase, it may dwindle at times but new players will always come.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 01, 2018, 10:34:32 pm »
Reloaded will never die, we know what we're doing. Sometimes you just gotta put up the "Under Construction" sign, and ignore the backlash.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 01, 2018, 10:49:21 pm »
Well Hyinforti just nailed it.

This game is awesome. It's alive and thriving. All of the people playing it more than a month, are loving it. All of us. That includes PvP people. We PvP people love this game even more now. By turning off player loot drop, PvP is greatly enhanced. This is for 2 main reasons: 1) less total jackasses so PvP fights are more about fun and less about vendettas, and 2) because rare items can be confidently used over and over without the immediate loss penalty we had before when you lost a fight. Every single player fight ends in a win or a loss. It's roughly 50/50, so you might have that rare PA for 2 fights before you'd lose it before. But now? Go ahead and use your best items, because you can use them 20 times before deterioration is a problem. Then repair it and use it some more. Now, finally, we can use a rare item enough times to actually get thru some testing.

But what about all the negative comments? Hyinforti nailed it - most are people who fall into 2 categories:

1) They cheated, got caught, got banned, and miss Reloaded. They moved to 2, still miss Reloaded, and only come here to express it. If any of them were more honest and mature, they might not complain, but say instead: "I deserve being banned. I messed up. The other server isn't the same. Maybe some day Kilgore will let me back on." Or maybe even, "I'm a jackass. I was only here to upset people and drive them away. My vote should not even count, but you idiots still let me talk here." Quintessentially, they might even say, "I HATE YOU ALL. I hope i can come back to Reloaded so i can continue destroying your game."

But don't expect them to say these things. These are humble things to say. Honest things. Mature things. We have a distinct lack of maturity. The mass exodus of jackasses has increased the average maturity level. Keep them out and we have a chance.

2) They never did play this game for its intended content - they only used this game to express their real-life anger issues.

Here we have a free game with a wide open map and infinite RP potential. And now in Season 3, add a TON of new features, quests, locations, PvE content, etc. Yeah, this game has never been so great. Lander's Point helps a new guy. Town Control is working. PvP is working. Ares is working. We have the farm feature, and an expanded BoS quest-line with a members-only repeatable end dungeon (which few have even seen).

But the #1 best thing we have now is....*drumroll*...far fewer jackasses. If you have the right attitude, this game is the best its ever been.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 11:00:45 pm by Henry »