March 29, 2024, 05:33:31 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Season 3 Thoughts  (Read 50282 times)

Cheech

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Season 3 Thoughts
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2017, 09:52:24 pm »
Yeah yeah whatever,kid.

It's just cheech Kebab, if you ignore him he'll eventually go away  :D
ye and u are french :D

sam6321

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2017, 12:07:37 am »
Just a note on hexing, I'm personally glad it's gone.
I didn't think hexing was OP, but it was almost impossible for me to hex someone at 400 ping. Most of the time I'd glitch around a few hexes, fire when I was within one hex of my enemy, then get dragged away a few hexes because of the lag.
The removal of hexing does make it nicer on higher ping players that basically had to stick to snipers or shotgun tanks in previous seasons.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 26, 2017, 05:44:54 am »
Just a note on hexing, I'm personally glad it's gone.
I didn't think hexing was OP, but it was almost impossible for me to hex someone at 400 ping. Most of the time I'd glitch around a few hexes, fire when I was within one hex of my enemy, then get dragged away a few hexes because of the lag.
The removal of hexing does make it nicer on higher ping players that basically had to stick to snipers or shotgun tanks in previous seasons.

It's not just for pvp. They probably removed hexing or else their PvE will be too easy to do. Hex hide lure NPCs to corner hex hex profit repeat. :'(

Hexing to me was a way a smaller team can compete against a much larger team. Many times we killed UV and khans with this lmao #burstermeta

drot

• I like NCR
    • View Profile
    • Rawhide
« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2017, 09:05:13 am »
Why can't I BURST and solo Ares???
#rawhide on ForestNet

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 26, 2017, 03:46:04 pm »
Well, one-hex was ideal way to oneshot with burst even tougher enemies :D
Now, I have no idea how to deal with slugs and the rest of them :/
GUN FOR HIRE

Nice_Boat

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2017, 09:10:46 am »
I'd say this is the funniest FOnline session I've ever played - it legitimately feels like a statement that it's impossible for anyone in this community to produce a legitimately good 2238-style season without reproducing some of the most annoying 2238 flaws at some point.

The new content is really good, hands down. But then again doing quests isn't why most people play this game.
The new experience earning methods were really good and then got nerfed to the ground, so we're back to farming centaurs - and since everyone has already had his fair share of that, the XP leaderboards haven't moved at all over the past few days.
No loot proved to be a success, but there is no incentive for PvP so TC essentially feels like playing Poker with play money. It's just a mildly entertaining experience/equipment sink - from a game theory perspective, it's pretty much pointless. It doesn't give you any power over other players, any advantage whatsoever. It's one of the most EV- activities in the game short of bursting guards in protected locations in your best gear.
No hexing is whatever, it's not the only force multiplier and good coordination/focus was always more important anyway.

All in all, it's like the devs got afraid that the game was actually getting too player-friendly and decided to up the grind just to make it feel like home. A few years ago this would probably make everyone really salty, but I feel like we just laugh it off these days, especially since no arguments are going to overcome this 2238 Stockholm syndrome. You can write about XP/hour rates and how much time it takes to level up your characters in other games all you want, you can point out that you get absolutely nothing from fighting other players, but if "so you want an Altruist in your tent?" is the only response you can hope to get, well... is it really worth the effort?

There must've been something truly great about Jovanka, as her shadow still looms over this game several years after she fucked off.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 09:17:15 am by Nice_Boat »
Best Tournament Sneaker as of 10.07.2013

Johnny

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2017, 10:02:48 am »
Incredible reading.

Now that's what I call a forum post that have weight. for once no trolly useless shit. So glad to read that. You must have a godamn IQ of 260,  if all players could post such constructive opinions this game would skyrocket in awesomness.

Me I like reloaded because admins aren't assholes. Even if not always agree with kilgore he's not an idiot. Same for docan and mojuk. Too bad they dont speak too much. A legend says someonoae heard DocAn speak in 1986..

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2017, 10:17:20 am »
nice boat speaks pure truth. watch out it probably means you are biased and thus your opinion will be discarded despite the logic :/

sam6321

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2017, 01:11:02 pm »
The new experience earning methods were really good and then got nerfed to the ground, so we're back to farming centaurs - and since everyone has already had his fair share of that, the XP leaderboards haven't moved at all over the past few days.

I've personally found this rather counter-intuitive as well. It doesn't make much sense to me to introduce a pile of new, really good ways of levelling only to nerf all of them (some to an unusable level) after a week or so.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 01:14:12 pm by sam6321 »

FrankenStone

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 28, 2017, 09:18:44 pm »
who said that fonline is a democratic game ?

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 28, 2017, 10:47:31 pm »
who said that fonline is a democratic game ?
Nobody but the forum has a thread for posting your thoughts. Thats whats happening.

Cheech

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 29, 2017, 12:52:39 am »
wanna say thank you to devs (uncharacteristic to me) but today night i had hella fun. 8)

Daivana

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2017, 10:12:31 pm »
My thoughts.
Came back to play this game after two or more years pause.
Noticed that I'm not able to steal from players (no bomb drops in inventory)
No loot drop.

I just played few days now and the longer I play the less I want to play it, the only thing that keeps me is the new stuff that I have to experience.
Mostly I'm disappointed about the no loot drop.
There was something magical in the loot drop. with that the game was different, more challenging.

I understand that not many people play this game and the donations are not much so I think now this game is more friendly to new players and this easy mode will keep them playing.

I don't want to sound rude, I really love this game and have big respect to the developers and admins.

Rinzler

• Sarcasm mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2017, 10:14:59 am »
I completely disagree that this session is friendlier to new players, I realise that this was probably the intention but I don't think the current set up keeps people interested whether they are a new player or time-served PvP ape. I no longer play but when I started out I found the fact that I could lose everything so easily a motivator rather than a deterrent (after the initial rages and adjustment of expectations, of course). Last session I was farming and crafting every spare moment I had, this session I felt comfortable with 3 sets of gear for fights that rarely happened.

And in the long void between fights, what can you do?

*Quests - Sure, if you want.
*Dungeons - Just need a small team who don't mind burning 1000s of ammo for a unique M60
*Farm Locations - Same again, gear is slightly better but you can still get better stuff on caravan.
*Crafting - You could invest your time gathering materials for the chance of crafting some statted gear, or you could just do caravan.

When I started out this was a very different game to what it has become - there were fights large and small everywhere  and that, in my opinion was what kept the game alive. Taking your crafted gear to an unguarded town to barter and running into another player - fighting on a level playing field. But then for some reason we needed militia to guard the unguarded towns and that was the end of that, unless you call one autist from the controlling faction camping the town in bluesuit PvP.

And then the removal of hexing, I don't understand it unless the intention was to make the game harder and less accessible to a solo player. I know, naming no names - they all know who they are, that it was abused with hexbots etc but hexing was one thing could even the odds in any fight whether PvP or PvE and now you absolutely must have a team behind you in order to do anything that isn't caravan and given that a majority of players in the server were not part of the larger PvP factions I think it's pretty obvious what killed the server.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 10:20:21 am by Rinzler »
When you get angry please try to remember it is not really me you are angry with, my words have simply triggered your pre-existing anger and in doing so created a false reality where it’s all my fault.

2238mudcrab

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 14, 2017, 03:21:28 am »
The only thing that always differentiated FOnline from other MMOs was the no-bullshit-permadeath-full-loot-wasteland-is-harsh kind of deal. The game was always shitter than other MMOs on the market but now it's shitter and it lost its best feature. Why would I want to play subar FOnline PvE if I can play any other MMO and get 10 times better experience? The argument that it helps new players is flawed because the game doesn't offer anything that could compete with other MMOs. Earlier, the noobs would play, die a few times, get frustrated and leave or realise that they enjoy the thrill of open PvP and stay. Now, they play for a while, realise the game offers nothing and leave quietly.

Let's face it, people play FOnline because they were dropped right after birth and they enjoy ruining someone else's day. Killing a player and ruining his progress, blowing yourself up in NCR or stealing from the noobs were the best parts of the game. Griefing was always the bread and butter of FOnline. It's kinda ironic that this change comes from the person that ran the most ruthless gang during the times of 2238 server. I'm not even gonna comment on the fact of forum censorhip, in the last days of 2238, Kilgore was the most vocal about the moderators that deleted posts criticizing the game. I guess the power corrupts.  :facepalm