March 28, 2024, 05:15:44 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Season 3 Thoughts  (Read 50271 times)

Mad Matt

• View Profile
Re: Season 3 Thoughts
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2017, 07:57:21 pm »
Nice idea for abuse, brin 5 players with gang members tags, and rest of the team will use alts without gang tags. You will be able to loot only 5 of them, I see your point but I thinkit's abusable as fuck.
GUN FOR HIRE

Rio

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2017, 08:21:19 pm »
So add bonus Dmg and DR against members of enemy factions but only when using char with tags. It will force to bring more than 5. But this makes system more complicated. Perhaps you are right, abusable.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2017, 05:30:52 am »
It's a Fonline, if there's any chance to abust it,surely someone will do that.
GUN FOR HIRE

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2017, 06:21:29 am »
No, it's FOnline, if there is no chance to abuse someone will anyway.
:facepalm

Elizabeth

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2017, 03:26:34 pm »
Loot loot loot,we dont need loot,what we need is good pvp balance and less grinding.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2017, 05:24:28 pm »
Loot loot loot,we dont need loot,what we need is good pvp balance and less grinding.

For me it was being able to loot = less grinding  ;D

cause you know, looting someone's crafted statted gear was fun for me   :D

Achul

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2017, 09:12:16 am »
Sup guys!

Im a totally new player (used to play FO2238 a looong fucking time a go) and I am sure you will appreciate my opinions on all of this the way I appreciate you old timers telling me yours.

First of all, excited to be here, especially now that I learned the game recently reset. What luck eh...And that's all with 6 out of 10 boys.

So first of all the two dudes I met on the first day playing were superhelpful but both told me the community is super toxic. Nobody was toxic in the newbie area so it all seems to depend on how busy people are and if people have a lot to lose, and also I guess the level of inter community self moderation and policing.
Although Im a big loot drop kind of guy I do appreciate the lack of it.

I would from experience in other games like Eve, Tibia and various UO shards like to recommend to the developers of the project that you have shorter sessions and more common wipes. Perhaps every 6 months. The last 1 or 2 of those months could then be the all out battle for dominion with full loot drop while the first of the first 4-5 months are loot free. This way you could always have new people coming or old people re-establishing themselves while still keeping the PVP spirit alive.

One more thing Id like to comment on is the radio system.
While pretty damn awesome in of itself I must say that I do not like the lack of private player to player communication for one reason alone. Man if I could regulate everyones computer usage and have people sign contracts in blood saying that they won't use third party software while playing the game then this whole radio stuff would be epic but I can't. So I think, for the sake of fairness and balance we should introduce some 'encrypted' channels.

Heres a rough idea.
Digital radios with encryption card slots. You trade/make slots and give them to friends. Anyone with a slot can listen in. Anyone without will just hear (read) jibberish/it wont work. Or just make it a simple PM function if this idea is to damn complicated to implement. Probably heard it before, I know.

Adds a nice new element similar to the map thing. If you have a spy in your enemies organization you can listen in to their communications =)!
But overall it just tilts the advantage that already pre established groups of friends have to those that come into the game from the outside, like myself. And I think that anything that can be done to reduce the benefit of such actions that essentially 'break the 4th wall' of gaming should be done.

Well those are my ...two cents... or two thoughts if you wish.

Thanks!

And thanks to the OP for making them videos. Keep at it man.

Concerning your ideas for the loot drop I think that the percentage idea is the least exploitable and could synergies well with my idea too with percentages going up the closer we get to endgame. But more than anything I fully agree with the EXP idea which could also scale in comparison to the people you kill so that newbie abuse would get you next to nothing but attacking someone that is a higher level than yourself could get you a lot. 

Player Choice:
Simply give the player a choice when creating their character, on whether it's a "Hardcore Wastelander" or a "Regular" character.
The hardcore wastelanders will drop all loot on death when killed by NPC's or another HC character (but not when killed by a regular character)
..The HC characters could have access to some extra content or something for further incentive to players picking this more difficult/frustrating playstyle,
maybe even go as far as making TC only available to HC chars.

Goddamn where have you people been all my life. Quit playing MMORPGs because they were either infested with carebear crybabies or whiny little toxic monsters that couldn't articulate an opinion. Good idea.
Fuck me the admin or who ever Mad Matt up there is could be right. These things are tricky! Could be abused by having a friend wait and kill people near death while being a regular char.  Ah boy, I liked the ide anyway.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 09:36:14 am by Achul »

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2017, 09:50:54 am »

more common wipes. Perhaps every 6 months.

One more thing Id like to comment on is the radio system

- 6 months is not enough for a game like this. This game requires a lot of time to be invested and in 6 months a casual player have nothing built/developed/explored. I think 1.5 year is ok, people can enjoy their stuff, build something up and also devs get some time to work on the game/fixes/features.

- Radio - you can set up a private channel. 
The Almighty Gaylords

Achul

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2017, 09:54:48 am »
How do I setup a private channel that nobody can listen into? Thx.

About the time investment...damn dude. 1.5 years?
Maybe this ain't for me then. I m kinda busy nowdays and would just like to have some fun taking over towns and doing some quests. A way to 'fix' this would be to lower the skill cap or make the effects more progressive but now Im just talking shit considering Im a newb.

Anyway you can scale the suggestion.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 09:59:10 am by Achul »

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2017, 10:16:03 am »

About the time investment...damn dude. 1.5 years?
Maybe this ain't for me then. I m kinda busy nowdays and would just like to have some fun taking over towns and doing some quests. A way to 'fix' this would be to lower the skill cap or make the effects more progressive but now Im just talking shit considering Im a newb.

Anyway you can scale the suggestion.

click on the radio and see the "channel" there, put there whatever number you want and press the button, the message will say "radio channel has been changed" .. share this with your friends and enjoy private channel.

the season duration .. I used to play lineage 2 in my younger days and low rate servers were lasting longer (2 years) and higher rate servers were lasting few months only, because you got to get all stuff you needed in shorter time so it made perfect sense.

If exp on reloaded was significantly increased (ie 10 times) and drop rate of all the stuff too, then yeah, no point in having 2 years long season, but I don't think this is something people want. I myself appreciate having a place to return even after 2-3 months break (ie family reasons, job reasons, whatever reason).

Also please note that doing any change from a developer perspective is hard as fuck - I tried to read once through the guideline how to set up a working map and I would need to spend ages to create something meaningful. So 6 months wipe with no content change / feature would only lead into playerbase decrease. (imo)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 10:24:25 am by POWERPUFF »
The Almighty Gaylords

killer1986chris

• May your death at my hands be painless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2017, 01:35:06 pm »

The channels numbers can be set between 0 and 65536. They are not secured, so if you know the channel number used by another player you can tune in and listen easily, though the chances of that happening randomly are extremely low.

In other words don't use channels that people are obviously going to use...  Or use out of game chats if you value absolute privacy so much.  The devs have real things to work on that will actually improve gameplay.

Achul

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2017, 01:52:39 pm »
Well the only issue with that is establishing a private channel with someone you meet over the radio chat or in a public space.

But it's all good, no biggie.   
I thought the radio was limited to a realistic channel array so this is much better!

Shamessa

• Freelancer
    • View Profile
    • Rulers and Empires
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2017, 06:30:14 pm »
I like many changes, crafting in general, but I really don't like noloot system. For me it kills whole idea of this game. Here is why.

It's been second day I play, running bare character into ruins to find junk (crucial TS material now - good). And? Nothing. Totally nothing. I don' care if I die or no - I just go there without weapon, get junk or get killed. One player spend 1 hour to hunt me and I loled, because he lost like 20 bullets and that 1 hour and I lost 6 minutes total for ressurection and another 1 minute total to get to the ruins - in that time I got 270 Junk and other materials... I feel no need to be in a gang in any way. I really see no point to PvP because gearing up was essential part of the game: you either go with best gear and risk or do kamikaze mission and get crapiest gear to try PvP. None of this is real now, because a) I don't lose anything and even If i kill top geared player I don't get anything from him, hence no reward system for me. It's just die-res-repeat system in wider scale then Hinkley. and b) what I do now is standing, waiting to be killed because I am gearing up... for what? I don't need any gear actually, because since noloot system I don't see point of gearing for anything. Even if I will go with some group for PvP, naked or no, I don't get nothing from this...

Freelancer

Cheech

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2017, 11:24:58 pm »
tc is impossible to attack
no fun from pvp in encounters or in tc = game went to hello kitty state.
i think this changes was bad idea. for me best times on server is session 1 ( brutal t4 spawns, tryhard, real toxicity towards enemies )
session 2 dropped its quality due almost not t4 fights, no pancors/plasmas. also no way to get an implant for 2 years. ( i did like 600+ wh runs etc)
+ issue that u can't now fight a swarm wich is so gay. snipers crazy imbalanced = only swarm wins long range fights.
wtf im with finesse doing 70 60 40 damage with bypasses everytime?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 11:35:51 pm by Cheech »

Cheech

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2017, 11:31:58 pm »
no skill involved = shoot a guy and chase with militia . but even if u swet it and win an attack on town? what it gives?  nothing. 1k exp +10 gold nuggets? dont make me laugh. ther is literally no reason to pvp at all. 1 quest was giving 17k caps +30k exp. so u need like controll town for 2 days or what? idunno so ppl just farm farm and farm. but what for? they can't loot enemies, can't get implants. and 1 combat armor is enough for 3 days of pvp actions? wtf .