April 19, 2024, 07:07:27 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Season 3 Thoughts  (Read 50554 times)

jokeusa

• View Profile
Re: Season 3 Thoughts
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2017, 03:14:21 pm »
No. I'm not sure about the current state but Special Encos will not spawn implants and rare items, for obvious reasons.
Wait, WHAT? You do not get an implant from the bunker anymore? Where will they be obtained from then? And what can currently be found in the bunker, at the implant safe?
Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2017, 03:19:16 pm »
I want to move all rare stuff (implants, power armors, rare weapons etc.) to rare drops that are totally random, can't be botted or reserved to big factions and depend on pure luck (real life luck not LK stat). But it will come with time.

Special encounters will be only fun stuff without jackpot loot.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 03:22:27 pm by Kilgore »

Dr. Mengelito

• Supporter
  • Oh Slash, it's TKs!
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2017, 03:19:58 pm »
No. I'm not sure about the current state but Special Encos will not spawn implants and rare items, for obvious reasons.
Wait, WHAT? You do not get an implant from the bunker anymore? Where will they be obtained from then? And what can currently be found in the bunker, at the implant safe?

We've been there and we where not disappointed :)

"The infiltration took a huge toll on my physical and mental health; I was haunted by nightmares of being exposed to the faction I was infiltrating, other nightmares being of Mengelito." -Lash 2016

jokeusa

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2017, 08:46:27 am »
I want to move all rare stuff (implants, power armors, rare weapons etc.) to rare drops that are totally random, can't be botted or reserved to big factions and depend on pure luck (real life luck not LK stat). But it will come with time.

Special encounters will be only fun stuff without jackpot loot.
Rare drops? As in from monsters/bosses? So that means even more grind and being forced into parties with other people now, parties full of people who will also want the weapon/item aka even more grind.

In short - there's no point in looking for SE's anymore....figures......

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2017, 10:11:44 am »
Well you can not remove abuses, maybe the only way would be get rid off implants or T4. Anyway, it would be nice to know where we are able to obtain such items now.
GUN FOR HIRE

jokeusa

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2017, 10:29:08 am »
Anyway, it would be nice to know where we are able to obtain such items now.
This. Farming implants and other nice stuff was how I was spending time when bored during the last session so it'd be nice to know if doing so is still possible.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2017, 10:44:10 am »
In short - there's no point in looking for SE's anymore....figures......

If by "looking for SE's" you mean running multiple clients and moving on worldmap until something is found - mostly via autoclickers - then right, there is no point in doing that.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2017, 11:07:32 am »
I didn't want to farm T4 and other high end items, just wanted to know where I can obtain from time to time an implant or gauss rifle, nothing more :/
GUN FOR HIRE

jokeusa

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2017, 11:20:04 am »
If by "looking for SE's" you mean running multiple clients and moving on worldmap until something is found - mostly via autoclickers - then right, there is no point in doing that.
During the last session when I was doing that, 4 chars at a time, back then it was not among the activities that were not allowed.
And no, I never used an autoclicker/bot/macro to do that as there was never any point - at least not for 4 characters - so you can keep your silly insinuations to yourself.

I didn't want to farm T4 and other high end items, just wanted to know where I can obtain from time to time an implant or gauss rifle, nothing more :/
Just as simple as that - I wanted to know whether or not there's a chance that, at some point, I will be able to improve my build with an implant or a nice gun. And if so, how can these be obtained.

General Devon Oliver

• Supporter
  • For Valor!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2017, 03:55:33 pm »
SE are meant to be found randomly not farmed thats a fun part of the game not knowing what you encounter
Merc For Hire, Universal Player

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2017, 04:22:18 pm »
Once again, I don't want to farm them.
GUN FOR HIRE

killer1986chris

• May your death at my hands be painless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2017, 04:59:47 pm »
I laugh when I see scrubs using needless extra alts to farm SE when they would drop in my lap while being logged with 2 chars, often one in base/town and one moving looking for encs in general.

Krizu

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2017, 06:57:43 pm »
Main issue for most players in this session seem to be handling the new no-loot play. I can see both sides to it,
here's some suggestions for decent middleground stands on the issue:
(I'm by no means a developer and who knows how these systems could be abused, but just food for thought, maybe
one of these ideas or a combination of them might work if implemented properly.)

Chance / Stat:
Have a percentual chance on each carried item to drop when dying. Baseline could be 33% chance check to keep an item
and each point in Luck stat could possibly affect these percentages
For example: 1 Luck = +3% chance to keep your item
...On top of that, it could be a new equipment stat: +(Amount)% chance to keep item upon dying. Some items could also be "Undroppable"

Insurance:
An NPC that can insure your items against caps, more insurance cost for more valuable item.
Once an item is insured, it won't either drop for a certain time period, or has very low drop chance

Make it a perk:
Add three different looter perks; "Weapon looter", "Armor looter", and "inventory looter",
characters that pick these perks have to sacrifice a perk slot (or three) to be able to loot
given parts of players' equipment. Could also make it so that a player can only select one of these perks at lvl 24

Player Choice:
Simply give the player a choice when creating their character, on whether it's a "Hardcore Wastelander" or a "Regular" character.
The hardcore wastelanders will drop all loot on death when killed by NPC's or another HC character (but not when killed by a regular character)
..The HC characters could have access to some extra content or something for further incentive to players picking this more difficult/frustrating playstyle,
maybe even go as far as making TC only available to HC chars.

PK-Status After Soft Level cap:
After  reaching lvl 24, you get a PK-karma meter. After accumulating enough PK-karma by slaughtering a certain amount of fellow players, you'll begin dropping gear when killed by another player. The PK-Karma will slowly decrease over time when not killing other players or when killed by another player. When starting Town Control, the PK-karma gains would increase exponentially.

Choose A Slot:
Player will be given choice to pick one item slot from where loot doesn't drop.

Choice between Slow Replication or Lootdrop:
Upon dying, pop up a selection screen; Slow Replication (return back to life in 4-5 minutes) or Lootdrop; Lose all your gear but replicate in 1 minute as usual  

What do my fellow wastelanders think of these suggestions?

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2017, 07:30:07 pm »
Abusable, hard to implement and as I think it will bring new bugs and exploits.
GUN FOR HIRE

Rio

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2017, 07:48:46 pm »
About 'no loot' problem - I remember there was a game where gang can declare a war with another faction. It allows to freely kill and loot members of enemy factions - but only them and only during war. Something like this gives players a conscious choice.