March 28, 2024, 04:45:34 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Season 3 Thoughts  (Read 50270 times)

TKs-Mantis

• Supporter
  • Kept you waiting huh?
    • View Profile
    • TKs-Mantis YouTube Channel
Season 3 Thoughts
« on: September 11, 2017, 03:46:42 pm »

Wichura

• View Profile
Re: Season 3 Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 09:05:31 am »
I don't have abilities to make such fancy movies, words are my weapon.

I've been around FOnline phenomena for years (since the very end of the 1st 2238 session in late 2009). I've never had a forum alt account, always trolled the shit out of people with the same nickname. You're welcome.

Thoughts about this session you say. The most significant change is no loot drop I believe. New guns, quests, maps and whatnot are obviously time consuming to make and nice to have content, but they don't affect gameplay that much. None of the FOnline server I've played on so far gave me this unique experience of interacting with people by will, not by force and in other way than killing their characters (or attempting to at least). It's still very strange feeling for an oldfag FOnline junkie to carry a full set of lumberjack tools, a car key, some caps and the same gun all the time with me no matter where I go and what I do, with no big penalty for lag/disconnection/kid distracting you/meeting the wrong guy in the wrong place. There's a really weird impression when I enter an unguarded location, meet players there and talk to them instead of fight/escape/avoid, and it's like what you should do in a multiplayer game but you couldn't do so far in autism-supporting FOnline games. I mean yeah, you could for a while, until a bunch of muted clones appeared, making the place perfectly dead silent and deserted again. This wasn't the case if you were a part of the bunch though, but these are minority anyway.

Many guys complaining about this feature start from completely wrong point, therefore they are mistaken and led into abyss of tears and rage. It's not pure PvP players being a majority of all playerbase, it's not PvP only that makes the server tick. This assumption was made years ago and kept around for a long time, reasons will remain uknown forever. And also this artificial dividing between PvP vs PvE vs RP brings no purpose, as you can perfectly combine those gamestyles. Especially in a sandbox environment like FOnline with multiple possibilities. In fact I consider PvP one of the most enjoyable part of this game because people are unpredictable and do funny/strange/interesting shit mostly. With mobs you sooner than later figure out their strategy and patterns they follow, especially with repeatable quests/encounters/etc.

I don't have much time to play computer games recently. The frustrating part of playing any FOnline wasn't the loss of pixels as such, but the time consumed to get them. Pixels themselves are virtual and have no value, but the time has. And since the playerbase consists mostly of people pricing their time with real values, I see the bright future here. Of course I'm missing a couple of features from other servers (increasing the carryweight with levels of character, active cursor not requiring to have a specified tool in hand, smaller worldmap with short travelling distances), but I've tried to establish my very own brave new server once and failed terribly, so no hassle.

I've tried to avoid sexual related insults and racial slurrs here. Those are funny to read, but shitstorm wasn't my goal. Not now at least.

MAC

• Los Alamos Warriors
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 05:36:33 pm »
I don't have much time to play computer games recently. The frustrating part of playing any FOnline wasn't the loss of pixels as such, but the time consumed to get them. Pixels themselves are virtual and have no value, but the time has.

^ This - since FOnline playerbase is pretty old ( I think more than 50% of us have work and families) this is the thing that I really like here.

Damn, to be honest... I've didn't played much of "reloaded" previously... but that change is pretty good. No-full-loot it is something fresh that gives me a completely new FOnline experience and I've played FOnlines since 2009 :D

Devs did a really good job in my opinion.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 08:12:00 pm »
I don't have much time to play computer games recently. The frustrating part of playing any FOnline wasn't the loss of pixels as such, but the time consumed to get them. Pixels themselves are virtual and have no value, but the time has.

^ This - since FOnline playerbase is pretty old ( I think more than 50% of us have work and families) this is the thing that I really like here.

Damn, to be honest... I've didn't played much of "reloaded" previously... but that change is pretty good. No-full-loot it is something fresh that gives me a completely new FOnline experience and I've played FOnlines since 2009 :D

Devs did a really good job in my opinion.

Woah, MAC is alive :O

Back to the subject, I think Wichura made it clear and said almost all that should be said.
I would add maybe one thing, no more taking your hard earned loot from dungeons.
I was upset when I did whole dungeon as Warehouse, New Reno, New Reno - Sewers or Glow, and I was killed by group of players camping on spawn. F.E. Glow, you did all the job, and when you hit the exit of Glows' dungeon you were spawning near that hole as a deadman, cause you were bursted by few guys when your screen was loading. For me that was only something that upset me, but for a new player? He just learnt how to hex, craft CA and proper gear, few secs after he defeated all enemies and even manage to obtain some rare T4 gear or implant, he's few steps from exit and he become a victim of raiders camping in blind spot....I would not blame him for Rage Quit in such a situation. All the farmed or crafted drugs, gear, ammo are stolen and for his well played dungeon he is rewarded with loosing his gear and farmed prize. WTF?
GUN FOR HIRE

Dank Anel

• Supporter
  • Makes FOnline better since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 10:33:18 am »
I have no thoughts about nodrop, but deleting 1hex was not good idea for me. It makes PvP less variety.

And about other things, I see now full implanted characters and how much time passed? 3-4 weeks after wipe? Also guys in APA 3 days after restart shows that the "rare" stuff is too easy to find. For example from my experience in s2 ( I was one of the first who got most of them) implants were much harder to get, and it takes months to get all of them.
fuck my grama fuck my engilsh... come fight little pusses!!!!!

<18:30:32> "blasma": zinthos feels unjustified and resentful due to his oppressor DA

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 03:02:39 pm »
Implants and T4 spawn was changed this season? Anyone knows how?
GUN FOR HIRE

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 08:07:26 pm »
Dunno which server dank anel is playing on, but Reloaded is 2 weeks after wipe and there are no implanted characters.

And there are actually 0 implants in the game atm.

Btw I removed some forum PvP but next time I will use banhammer in permanent mode.

Seki

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 08:08:04 pm »
Do they still spawn in SE or was it changed ?

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2017, 08:12:00 pm »
No. I'm not sure about the current state but Special Encos will not spawn implants and rare items, for obvious reasons.

sam6321

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2017, 12:15:20 am »

What sort of plans do you have for implants in the future?

Dr. Mengelito

• Supporter
  • Oh Slash, it's TKs!
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2017, 12:39:42 am »
I have no thoughts about nodrop, but deleting 1hex was not good idea for me. It makes PvP less variety.

And about other things, I see now full implanted characters and how much time passed? 3-4 weeks after wipe? Also guys in APA 3 days after restart shows that the "rare" stuff is too easy to find. For example from my experience in s2 ( I was one of the first who got most of them) implants were much harder to get, and it takes months to get all of them.

Why don't you have any rare stuff if it's so easy to find? Seriously get your team together and learn the new game instead of calling for bans or nerf this etc. Learn from us instead and come fight when your teams ready man, no need for such a negative attitude all the time

So this is what I think so far

1) I think the new modules like the farm are real fun to explore and grind, looks great with the new faction icons  :)

2) I miss the loot drops, hexing and the old tc tbh but I think the no implants and no t4 snipers is pretty damn nice and fresh tbh.

3) PVP vs. Hawks has been great so far, win or loose, gg's and respect all around o/

4) Not a fan of the writing tbh not gonna lie (the puppetman thing I don't dig and the bosses have fantasy feel names that is, haven't done the main storyline yet so not judging that). On the other hand the new locations are absolutely stunning. The new mansion base is sweet aswell!

5) It seems the server has a hard time with the pvp sometimes when alot of players are fighting, had some rubberbanding issues especially on the first days of server start but today there was rockets not being fired and stims not being taken because of the lag issues, small scale pvp works well though! Mantis has a hard time playing at all

6) Been really happy with the devs response time with issues and think it's gonna be a great session overall. Will send a little smth smth every month to help cover the server cost on behalf of TKs, we're throughly enjoying the game so far
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 12:44:07 am by Dr. Mengelito »

"The infiltration took a huge toll on my physical and mental health; I was haunted by nightmares of being exposed to the faction I was infiltrating, other nightmares being of Mengelito." -Lash 2016

Bison

• Supporter
  • (Retired First Generation Khan)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2017, 12:42:10 am »

Why don't you have any rare stuff if it's so easy to find? Seriously get your team together and learn the new game instead of calling for bans or nerf this etc. Learn from us instead and come fight when your teams ready man, no need for such a negative attitude all the time

So this is what I think so far

1) I think the new modules like the farm are real fun to explore and grind, looks great with the new faction icons  :)

2) I miss the loot drops, hexing and the old tc tbh but I think the no implants and no t4 snipers is pretty damn nice and fresh tbh.

3) PVP vs. Hawks has been great so far, win or loose, gg's and respect all around o/

4) Not a fan of the writing tbh not gonna lie (the puppetman thing I don't dig and the bosses have fantasy feel names that is, haven't done the main storyline yet so not judging that). On the other hand the new locations are absolutely stunning. The new mansion base is sweet aswell! I haven't

5) It seems the server has a hard time with the pvp sometimes when alot of players are fighting, had some rubberbanding issues especially on the first days of server start but today there was rockets not being fired and stims not being taken because of the lag issues, small scale pvp works well though! Mantis has a hard time playing at all

6) Been really happy with the devs response time with issues and think it's gonna be a great session overall. Will send a little smth smth every month to help cover the server cost on behalf of TKs, we're throughly enjoying the game so far

I agree with Farmer Mc.Mengelito.  ::)
For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.

Dr. Mengelito

• Supporter
  • Oh Slash, it's TKs!
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2017, 12:43:39 am »
old dr. mengelito had a farm iai iai oh

"The infiltration took a huge toll on my physical and mental health; I was haunted by nightmares of being exposed to the faction I was infiltrating, other nightmares being of Mengelito." -Lash 2016

killer1986chris

• May your death at my hands be painless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2017, 05:04:42 am »
old dr. mengelito had a farm iai iai oh

and on it he had some scrubs e-i-e-i-o

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2017, 05:35:09 am »
The new mansion base is sweet aswell!
Thank you, I'm glad you like it.