March 29, 2024, 02:43:37 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Server rollback & maintenance mode  (Read 7192 times)

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Server rollback & maintenance mode
« on: September 10, 2017, 09:21:24 pm »
Due to a severe bug, server was rollbacked.

World save is about 7-8 hours old.
Some characters might be displaced and some strange things might be happening, this is normal when the server is rollbacked.

There might be another rollback because we still need to find a reason why this occured, so for now play at your own risk.
If you can't deal with losing some progress, wait until we fix it.

Update:

Last night bug appeared again, allowing us to fix it. So well, it's fixed and should no longer cause problems.
There was also an additional source of server crashes but we neutralised it so server should run well now.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 08:03:24 pm by Kilgore »

Annabella

• Eternal Love
    • View Profile
Re: Server rollback & maintenance mode
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 09:29:07 pm »
Ahh, alright. I kinda got ninja'd here. I reported it pretty much as you posted, sorry about that.

Confirmed about the strange things. Definitely a rollback.

b0wcaster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 11:14:01 pm »
update when stable.. until then, RIP reloaded.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 01:19:59 pm »
Any clue when server will be fully stable again?
GUN FOR HIRE

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 01:38:03 pm »
Any clue when server will be fully stable again?

"we still need to find a reason why this occured".

so, the answer is "soon".
The Almighty Gaylords

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 07:50:38 pm »
The problem with rare bugs is that it's difficult to replicate them. Last sessions we had an issue with server crashes occuring randomly when some player used certain feature and it was very difficult to find it because nobody reported anything.
We've made some preparations and if it occurs again (sooner or later it will) we should be ready to fix it.
It's impossible to say when exactly, because it needs to be triggered by one of you...or certain special circumstances. Then we'll have to rollback server again (meh) but I hope this time only few hours max. Then the issue should be fixed.

Well, that's the plan.

jokeusa

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 07:52:53 pm »
The problem with rare bugs is that it's difficult to replicate them. Last sessions we had an issue with server crashes occuring randomly when some player used certain feature and it was very difficult to find it because nobody reported anything.
We've made some preparations and if it occurs again (sooner or later it will) we should be ready to fix it.
It's impossible to say when exactly, because it needs to be triggered by one of you...or certain special circumstances. Then we'll have to rollback server again (meh) but I hope this time only few hours max. Then the issue should be fixed.

Well, that's the plan.
Thanks for updating us, much appreciated.
Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 08:33:54 pm »
Thank's for giving us some info Kilgore. I hope you will find it,  when you'll have time pls answer me or maybe Docan could answer me about the thing I PM'd you last time. Looks for me as a bug.
GUN FOR HIRE

Annabella

• Eternal Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2017, 09:55:06 pm »
It's the nature of the beast, it's impossible to thoroughly test all changes made between sessions. It's had to tell which script or feature is malfunctioning.

Time will tell, I'd say play any enjoy anyways. What's a few hours, more or less? :)

Lavi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2017, 10:40:53 am »
Oh, cool. 6 hours of mining stuff just got erased for me... I am speechless right now.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2017, 10:41:57 am »
Time to mine again :D
GUN FOR HIRE

Lavi

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2017, 10:46:48 am »
Dude, not only that I lost shitload of materials which are so tiresome to mine alone, but also like 15-25k caps which I got from selling stuff. I want to create Trading Faction, it is hard to get stocks full to be able to do that... Especially when you have to wait who knows how long for someone to check Faction Names thread and you are not even sure if they decide to add it. I am sad enough for other reasons, don't add more reasons for me. (._.)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 10:49:48 am by Lavi »

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2017, 10:53:36 am »
I lost 18 SP from repairing books, that's 3 books, but not only I lost points but the game claim I used those books ten times already. So I stuck with 51 repairing skill, where I started with 9% base. Now it act like my base repairing skill was not 9% but -9%, deal with it :D

And no, reroll now is pointless after I have few proffesions and few books used by this char, it's even more brutal than your cash and ore, just deal with it. Maybe when Kilgore and DocAN will end this maintance mode madness we will receive those back somehow...if not, well...shit happens, time to reroll :D
GUN FOR HIRE

Lavi

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2017, 11:11:45 am »
I can still argue. The value of materials I mined could easly get your character rerolled with all books and profession bought and you would still have few caps for CA and nuka cola. The point is mining is tedious and boring as hell. And you sit there clicking the same ore veins many many times. Noone will give that time back.

I know you and I roll on the same cart. But you are right, there is no point in complaining since it is Free game and admins do their job to make it good.

Better start mining again...

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2017, 11:16:09 am »
I would really love to help you or cheer you up pal, cause I'm quiet f...ed up too, but it's noone's fault. Game crashed, devs did what they can and put server back. We were unlucky to be one of those who were fu..ed by that time, maybe next time it will be someone else. We can do "nuttin" 'bout it :(
GUN FOR HIRE