April 25, 2024, 07:36:59 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Sniper Build  (Read 13750 times)

Petrolz

• View Profile
Sniper Build
« on: September 04, 2017, 10:22:46 pm »
Any ideas for sniper build for new season? Was searching for old seki build but coudnt find it. Anyhow all advices are welcome.  :)
“You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.”

jokeusa

• View Profile
Re: Sniper Build
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 07:20:24 pm »
I wouldn't go with the old builds - from what I remember, they were made to be just barely fine at max weapon range.
With the changed AC mechanics, you're basically looking at a static -55% hit chance against an agi10 combat armor character which I think might be annoying for those old builds, and headshorts?

I might be completely wrong tho, you'd have to check the exact hit chance with 300% skill on long ranged guns.

Edit: after a quick calculation, a max range aimed shot to the eyes from a PE9 character using a Long Range perked weapon against an Agi10 CA armored character leaves you with 57% hit chance (aiming at eyes).
This is not counting the obstacles.

Apparently STR1 sniper builds are no longer viable? Unless somebody can correct me on that.

Edit2: Actually, with FMJ .223's -20AC modifier, you'll be at 77% hit chance for the above example. So I guess that at least one implant would be needed for the old type of builds?
EW sniping is a completely different case here - at 1str and full range with Laser Rifle, you should have 49% hit chance, assuming no obstacles. This means that you either need a 3 str build and a statted armor/weapon contributing to accuract or a 4str build to make this work at max range.

I'd guess that the only choice left for a hybrid SG+EW sniper is Plasma Rifle/TPR?
Edit3: the above calcs are not including the Sharpshooter perk.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 03:31:15 pm by jokeusa »
Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Petrolz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 04:09:33 pm »
Man ty for the analysis i am confused right now XD Dunno what to make or what i shouldn't make. I never knew how to build a char i mean i knew for singleplayer when i played years ago,  but on fonline i always used another ppl builds.
Do you think burster old build is still u sefull now? No idea what to make XD
“You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.”

jokeusa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 05:15:45 pm »
No idea what to make XD
Same here, I just made a generic shotgun locker farmer for the heck of it. The fact that snipers are no longer viable is disappointing :(

Petrolz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 01:07:30 pm »
What actually interests me, is it possible to make a energy weapon single shot spammer on max range, what i had in mind is to take bone head and fast shot(-2 ap on two hand weapons) and to take some mix from sniper and burster perks for max output of attacks and dmg per turn with single shot. Tho i don't know what specials and what perks would i go with. Dunno if that build can work on new season, or go burster bcs dunno what else is theere XD

Pieskov

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 04:29:35 pm »
Yeah, its super boring, 90% peoples just run with LSW and spraying. BG is way overpowered IMO. Gonna try some sniper builds.

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 06:46:48 pm »
What actually interests me, is it possible to make a energy weapon single shot spammer on max range, what i had in mind is to take bone head and fast shot(-2 ap on two hand weapons) and to take some mix from sniper and burster perks for max output of attacks and dmg per turn with single shot. Tho i don't know what specials and what perks would i go with. Dunno if that build can work on new season, or go burster bcs dunno what else is theere XD
I'm not an expert, never had much to do with mechanic side of game as a dev, so I've figured out myself sort of crit-spammer character, he uses .223 Pistol. I don't like to play sniper chars as they are ultimately gay and their efficiency is random (either lol-damage for 5 HP or ultrabrutal critical hit for 200+ HP). One Hander trait is there to get +5 flat damage, unfortunately Fast Shot doesn't provide such bonus, and Living Anatomy perk is gone (this Medic-whatnot stuff is useless for me, no +5 flat dmg bonus), so I had to pick More Ranged Damage.

Probably this sort of character can be improved in many ways, I'm not saying it's perfect. Especially with paper-weight HP count, I totally forgot on this server they don't increase after 24th level. Shame indeed. But with PvE activities I've tried so far it's quite all right, so I keep it.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2017, 07:06:31 pm »
Lower ST to 1 and put those two points in END, you will have 191 HP without LG, so you can take another perk.
Btw Crit builds are not uber gay :/
GUN FOR HIRE

Johnny

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2017, 07:06:47 pm »
Best build of all times

so you guys see it's actually possible to make a good sniper build!

But if i may.. you should put more points into Charisma and tag barter and speech. Very important for sniper! :-*

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2017, 07:08:40 pm »
What's your problem?
GUN FOR HIRE

jokeusa

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2017, 07:12:47 pm »
Somebody died to a sniper too many times, salty.

EDIT: @below - I meant Johnny
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 04:29:26 am by jokeusa »

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2017, 07:58:53 pm »
My characters died so many times due to so many weapons and creatures, that I'd have to list basically everything here, including a shovel and rats. 

so you guys see it's actually possible to make a good sniper build!
I have no damn clue how to make good sniper build, mine for sure isn't one of them. Where did you get this idea from?

Seki

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2017, 06:20:49 am »
Spoiler: show

I'm not an expert, never had much to do with mechanic side of game as a dev, so I've figured out myself sort of crit-spammer character, he uses .223 Pistol. I don't like to play sniper chars as they are ultimately gay and their efficiency is random (either lol-damage for 5 HP or ultrabrutal critical hit for 200+ HP). One Hander trait is there to get +5 flat damage, unfortunately Fast Shot doesn't provide such bonus, and Living Anatomy perk is gone (this Medic-whatnot stuff is useless for me, no +5 flat dmg bonus), so I had to pick More Ranged Damage.

Probably this sort of character can be improved in many ways, I'm not saying it's perfect. Especially with paper-weight HP count, I totally forgot on this server they don't increase after 24th level. Shame indeed. But with PvE activities I've tried so far it's quite all right, so I keep it.

i dont think that better criticals is worth it for fastshot spammer on this server
if i understood fastshot changes properly, you cant bypass with fastshot and crit damage multiplier is not scaling much with crit roll (3x at 0 roll, 3,5x at 101+ roll) so only benefit you get from it is more knockouts but in PvE you dont want to rely on knockouts
MRD is actually not bad choice, 11,4% more damage for .223 pistol (assuming target would have no DT), if you crit should be even more then +5 flat
also at higher level if you get enough gun skill i would go 1st 6pe 10en 8lk instead of 3st 8pe 8en 6lk
but decent build for new pve content especially considering you can do most of it in TB
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 07:08:27 am by Seki »

Wichura

• View Profile
Crit spammer build
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2017, 09:18:24 pm »
Thank you for the advices. I've rerolled my character, but as a matter of personal preference I just can't play with carry weight below 100 (with support perks). So 3 ST 6 LK instead of 1 ST 8 LK. Also since Better Critical doesn't seem to make much difference for my playstyle, I've selected another Lifegiver.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 09:19:56 pm by Wichura »

Kron Solo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2017, 04:55:31 am »
Where is Sharpshooter perk? It ads +2 perception to visibility range, +8% chance to hit and -50% of enemy armor's anticrit chance (for exemple armor has -10% crit chance, with sharpshooter it has -5% crit chance) MUST have for snipers and crit builds