March 29, 2024, 06:00:38 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: "Legendary" NPCs need some tuning  (Read 2310 times)

gaizk

• View Profile
"Legendary" NPCs need some tuning
« on: September 04, 2017, 10:05:34 pm »
If youve been trying to do the new Dungeon quests or the like you will come up with what I heard some peacekeepers call Legendary NPCs, what makes them abnormal is a very very large amount of hit points (+500) and PA level of armor and a set of abilities and stats exclusive to them.

Now that by itself is no biggie, weve dealt with these kind of things before in the past through hexing but with that gone they actually turn out to be crazy crazy resistant, 2 BRD and hexing with a pancor-XL is doing around 80-100 dmg

That seems reasonable and it should be were not the fact they can FA themselves back up WITH NO COOLDOWN WHATSOEVER. Unless you burst him down within 2 seconds they are free to FA themselves back to full hp indefinetely. Add to that they are VERY crit resistant in any and all ways while themselves VERY good  at critting you makes the experience feel very unfair

Ive heard keeping them knocked out with a melee char is the way. I suppose it is but isnt that a bit arbitrary? Shouldnt most builds be able to do it?  Also poison does not work (Again they feel very unfair)

Am I missing something? I really want to experience the new content but these dudes are really breaking my experience, would appreciate some feedback.

DocAN

• Administrator
  • Testing FO: Reloaded
    • View Profile
Re: "Legendary" NPCs need some tuning
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 12:31:38 am »
Agree, will fix healing problem.

gaizk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 12:33:55 am »
muito obrigado

Thanks for the quick feedback.

Fantastic

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 02:51:00 am »
Yeah, tried fighting The Tin Man. 6000 HP with almost no FA cooldown + 2000 HP heals everytime he drops below 4000.  >:(

Seki

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 07:17:00 am »
until its fixed you can change to TB before taking quest to avoid this problem, they dont heal in TB

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 07:59:12 pm »
Uber wierd bug I never noticed. Should be fixed soon, and boss HP is WAY too high. Expect boss review shortly.

swinglinered

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2017, 05:04:33 am »
This is too much like WoW.

Enemies should be player-legal, with some special cases.

Give them turrets, traps, henchmen, robots to toughen up the final fights.

And drugs- maybe they have the "good drugs"- ones that work like in 2238 (can take 2 at a time, have the old effects, etc.).
Maybe those could be lootable. Probably end up as special treasures stashed away.

Boss with statted gear, good perks, drugs, henchmen and turrets and bots. Plus traps.
If more than 1 player the Boss gets a twin. Per extra player. ("Here's my brother Darryl, here's my Other brother Darryl", etc.)

So less HP would be accompanied by increased DPS.

Also bosses and friends would have many cookies, which they eat when enemy approach is triggered.

Maybe another Special Case is that bosses have no soft cap...

But still "player legal".