April 29, 2024, 06:00:47 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: [maps] New encounters  (Read 1157 times)

cthulchu

• Supporter
    • View Profile
[maps] New encounters
« on: September 04, 2017, 03:09:18 pm »
First of all, we did notice that new farm encounters are copypastes. They look the same.

Now about the maps.

The intelligent plants map has two issues. First, almost all dialogues are immature. The final questions make little sense, but you have to guess the right sequence, which is ridiculous and boring af. I would remove the final ones from some of the plants' dialogues. I didn't want to waste time to get all the dialogues done, but neither did anyone else. I was asking in Discord. Guys, if you know what happens after this dialogue hell - tell me please, I want to know if it worth it.

When you decide to burn the farm and go away, you have to leave the location. Read the dialogue. But because the author didn't wanna bother with a few lines of script here, he just made the npc attack you. Lame and is not inline with the dialogue. Either change the dialogue or make the player exit the loc.

The well and the molerat encounter.

Same stuff happens here. The author was too lazy to implement the molerat, so what he did is nothing. You just get 3k exp for nothing. No, please, spawn the aggressive molerat with PE 10 near the player, closing the dialog. Would be fun if the molerat was fat, with like 500 hp, but ST 1. Let the player kill it. And then get the reward. And maybe put that ore and minerals in the animal.

The injured brahmin encounter. I think it's unfinished. I encontered it five times, I think. In one of those I had 25-50 free SP, so I invested them into Doc to try to heal the brahmin. I couldn't do it with Doc 86. And no message appears when trying to do so. Something's not right here. I suspect someone either didn't bother with scripts here or failed af. What I expect is to be able to Doc the brahmin after the dialogue with the farmer.

Also, if you kill all the brahmins, the guy doesn't do anything, nothing changes and the karma doesn't change. It's a bug. They have to be in the same group and the karma has to change significantly.

The injured caravan. This encounter is just ugly. Please, randomize the loot a little and make the only character there do something on death. This doesn't even require bloody scripting. The dialogue soft has option to kill the talking npc as a result. Maybe add a check for high Doctor and leave us the option to save the guy. which would improve reputation in the towns to which the guy leads the caravans. Whatever, just make it not as linear and flat.

PS

Don't understand me wrongly, I enjoy new shit and I'm thankful to people who made it. I just want the quality to be inline with the rest of the maps we have.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 03:42:53 pm by cthulchu »

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
Re: [maps] New encounters
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 08:17:50 pm »
SQE's are WiP. Plant dialog will not change. It's fun. Thanks for report.