April 19, 2024, 01:35:57 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Toggle individual item drop  (Read 1297 times)

cthulchu

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Toggle individual item drop
« on: September 04, 2017, 06:29:03 am »
This idea was John's (AOP dev) idea for our s3 while we were discussing my karma-pk thought laid out in the other topic nearby.

Let players toggle item drops for the next real 24 hours. Every player can choose whether he's gonna drop or not. Sounds weird? Continue reading.

Now this is how it works in a fight:

If both players have drop off - no drop. Obviously.
If the killed player has drop off, but the killer has it on - no drop. Expected.
If the killed player has drop on, but the killer has it off - no drop. Surprise!
If both the killer and the killed have drop on - drop. BINGO!

Now you might say that it's exploitable. It is. A little. Like, we can make a party of two tanks, three avengers and five snipers. Snipers will have pvp on and will try to target weaker enemies while tanks and avengers will have it off. Maybe in the end all snipers will have pvp on always while middle range will have it off. Every faction decides how they wanna do it. AAs probably will always have it on as strong players. UVs too. Newer factions may make it easier for themselves. Maybe I'm wrong.

But, it will still be a lot more interesting for any factions and adds spice to PVP tactics.

It's really simple to implement.

Also, we could have a noob bonus (yes, I tend to care about noobs and having a good game here). If a player kills a noob and during this process, the noob doesn't react, the player has his drop toggle variable on automatically on the killing event. And the noob has to recieve a message: "Because you were murdered, your killer now has his loot drop toggled on for the next 24 hours." So that noobs have less buttheart or something.

Stop! We have the definition of noob from the other topic. Here it is:

Spoiler: show

• Noob's gear won't let him participate in a caravan (this caravan method can be recycled)
  • Noob hasn't attacked another player with positive Karma in this location/recently/whatever is easier to implement (can be done via the temporary status aka poiston/radiation)
  • This is not an active TC zone
  • This is not an official Dungeon (like Ares, etc)
  • Not a zone with a t3/t4 locker (Reno/wh/glow/etc.)
  • Not a HQ resources mine (I think pvp there brings more joy than harm and we have private mines for those who don't like the thrill)
  • Noob's level is lower than whatever. 24.

Anyway. This is not too difficult to implement for sure. Would take maybe a few hours from someone like Cubik with his powerful knowledge of this wretched sdk. And then a few more hours of debugging. And a few more hours later on for hotfixes.

PS

Guys, please post your comments, ideas and exploits of this. Thanks, folks!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 06:36:24 am by cthulchu »