March 29, 2024, 11:36:02 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: No Loot Drop - Kilgore Read  (Read 4049 times)

Knuckle

• View Profile
No Loot Drop - Kilgore Read
« on: September 03, 2017, 01:01:10 pm »
Kilgore,

I wish to bring real reasons as to why the no loot drop is a bad idea, i understand as to why you wish to make it different from other fallout servers and its great that these kinda things get tested but would like to bring to your attention a few things,

1. no loot drop, i can do a dungeon and keep exploiting the no loot drop as soon as i loot everything i commit suicide or a friend comes and kills me and i re spawn with everything i looted

2. Example Enemy faction takes a town or starts to take it, we enter kill some it will be endless amount of waves fighting, people will make tents with car near respawn, enter car to get to town fast and enter as backstab team and the other faction will also do this making it impossible to win fights on both sides as we do not drop loot and when we die we are ready and kitted out

3. Take your mind set back to 2238 when fast relog was allowed, everyone would set up 5 - 10 chars each on the world map ready for PvP all complained about this the whole server until they fixed this problem the no loot drop will be very similar to this as mentioned above

4. Some people enjoy doing PvP others do not, it makes it for PvP players no enjoyable i used to go for PvP and sometimes for the loot as some other players have better items then you like T4. (maybe make it that if you do TC you drop loot like northan towns etc i dont know)

5. Example Vault 15, people are above waiting for enemy's, all the guys have to do is commit suicide or kill each other go re spawn back to world map and attack from behind, eventual then this will stop these kinda fights which everyone enjoys so much

6. later on in the Game when people are implanted and have HPA and Tier 4 weapons this will make it impossible for PvP fights to be fair and enjoyable as mentioned in reason 2

7. People can carry shit loads of Super Stims! and just make tanks and keep using supserstims, eventually people will just make superstim chars for opposing factions to focus on because all they will do is supserstim not caring because they wont loose them when they die (balance bring back supserstim abuse where you take hit point damage but again people hated this feature back in the day also)

8. No loot drops makes the PvP not worth it, i know you say that you can make videos and that will be awarding enough but i do not think so specially for the newer factions who want to PvP and need the good loot from the better players.

9. there is no consequence in me dieing except my armor breaking a little bit which i can later on repair, if i wanted to all i have to do is be blue suit with flamer and farm centars and floaters for like 3 hours and im level 30 with no regard if i die because i can go straight at it

10. if you die there should be some kind of band thing, which makes you not wanna die, ill go into a encounter happly now knowing fuck it they can loot me so ill just go in, it will just get boring over time

you can do all types of fixtures like bring weakened back when a player dies with cool-down of 3 mins or something but people with docter skill will over ride it you can do these kinda of things and try to balance it out but in the end you just get same result that the balanced features end up being no good

NarrowMinded

• View Profile
Re: No Loot Drop - Kilgore Read
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 01:30:38 pm »
Of course I agree with Knuckle, who would disagree ? Jobany ? (shame on him)
Around me I only hear people saying maybe it will work, give it time, maybe it's not that bad. Or "if you don't agree with the new features, leave and play something else."
But honestly most of player accept this by default, if they would have the choice they would not include this feature. And the Poll that Cheech created IS CURRENTLY showing that at the time I write this message. The majority of players voted AGAINST the no drop ( at 70,3 percents)

First, read Cheech post, read mine and read Knuckle to understand that it is bad in multiple ways ( and also read the retarded comments without arguments). And also bad right now because we are in the beginning of a season where the game is supposed to be interesting ! Now it is not interesting at all as Knuckle shown with this centaur farming example. And it is just ONE example. Look at Napalm video from last season, he has showed that looting was in important part of the game. When you are looting in the battlezone, you lose action points and can get attacked at this exact moment.

What would be unfair is also that Kilgore decide to change suddenly and come back to the full loot DURING the season. Because it would have already gave an advantage to players who played at this period with no drop. That's why this season is already failed and destroyed no matter what is happening in the future.

Where are we here ? In world of warcraft style mmorpg ? Because this no drop idea directly comes from these kind of games, you do quests, you kill monsters, when you die you dont' lose anything. But even in these games you have a little penalty when you die...And in PvP it's the same.

Last thing, the new players that are asking veterans to leave should start to watch their mouth and come with arguments. It's not the little brother who should teach the older brother.

bayer monsanto

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 02:18:02 pm »
Kilgore isn't stupid and at this point your whining is obnoxious. Just give up! You say you're not playing the game then ok, we'll have fun without you! All you do is spam.

Your wall of text is awful to read and I'd be wasting time replying but here I'll do this quick and stop when I get bored:

1. Good, this is not "exploit" as much as camping level 1 in glow was previously. Now players can freely use dungeons without team camping and scouts.

2. Endless waves of fighting sounds fun

3. 2238 had much better fights with the endless alts spawning in than any server after that. This change also removes the need for fast relog.

4. pvp is not about the loot unless youre musashi

5. youre really going to miss campers?

6. wait until its later in the game to comment about it

7. everyone always had more than enough superstims on them so I don't see the difference

8. why would it be not worth it if its fun and youre not losing anything?

9. how good is it that you can actually level up farming centaurs instead of junk. But it'll be easier for you to do it in armor rather than bluesuit.

10. respawning and losing the fight is enough of a consequence

not even going to read narrowminded walls of spam

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 02:24:17 pm »
What about experience penalty for 24+ lvl chars?
GUN FOR HIRE

Knuckle

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 02:27:51 pm »
Everyone hated waves and waves of pvp fights back in 2238 regards to name calling just lol

Not spam really isit if most of the server thinks it's a bad idea with the loot drop, but never the less not as to sure who u are most likely an old hub idler who doesn't know how to play the server looks at Bayer

@mad matt to be honest the experience penalty I think is a good feature, will need to see how it pans out

bayer monsanto

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2017, 02:34:19 pm »
Waves were a problem because more alts was an advantage but the fights were long and there was very much pvp going on so clearly it was enjoyable. It is spam because you already said your opinion now you're constantly flooding forum after kilgore said it will remain like this.

Knuckle

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2017, 02:47:16 pm »
@narrowminded the problem we have is there is a lot of new players on this server, as we are vets and have seen and experienced similar in the past we know how it is,

@bayer not really a flood, had a real think into things and to be fair if I wish to express my ideas I see no problem In it, and regards to 2238 main problem was fights lasted to long do, research  on the topic before posting. Actually kilgore said is test so better to explain to the guy so he can hopefully resolve the problem he also wanted people reporting you point not valid. Also if my text is awful to read don't read it :)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 02:49:50 pm by Knuckle »

Napalm

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2017, 03:06:15 pm »
"MIMIMIMIMI"

FrankenStone

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2017, 06:35:41 pm »
experience penalty hurts whom ? the snipers who need level 200 or the tanks who need 150 levels less ??? , well i didnt played this new season at all, not interested just from reading the changelog.

Awgy

• Supporter
  • Because of the reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2017, 06:56:58 pm »
experience penalty hurts whom ? the snipers who need level 200 or the tanks who need 150 levels less ??? , well i didnt played this new season at all, not interested just from reading the changelog.

If You didn't played it why are You giving an opinion? Judging book by the cover? gtfo

Knuckle

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2017, 07:44:22 pm »

If You didn't played it why are You giving an opinion? Judging book by the cover? gtfo

Awgy please take rage elsewhere it has been ages since your two factions failed social warriors and red Cross cannot believe u still salty about it :)

Awgy

• Supporter
  • Because of the reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2017, 07:46:02 pm »
I would think you are better at trolling by now

Wysłane z mojego SM-G900F przy użyciu Tapatalka