March 28, 2024, 11:01:31 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Third season debate  (Read 7067 times)

NarrowMinded

• View Profile
Third season debate
« on: September 02, 2017, 07:14:24 pm »
 ??? No drop is the worst idea ever APPLIED to this game ( FO). How can you ruin a game so much...
Even if I was an enemy of this game, a person that really hated this game and wanted to destroy it. I think I would not even dare to be so cruel and apply this outrage.

I am an old player of FO, I have a good memory of the bad ideas and things. But here we are attacking the CORE of the game. Ruining PvP was not enough. It is never enough as I can see.

-Shitty implants were not enough !!!
-Having to level up to lvl 130 if you want good snipers is not enough !!! At the beginning the idea of being able to level up more than 24 was to prevent alts. Ok np it was a good idea. Same for the no cooldown in crafting, but the fact that you continue to gain skill points and that you can PUT these skill points to combat skills ruined everything.
-Nerfing snipers and making them unable to fight in one versus one in PvP + making them shitty for PvE compared to bursters was not enough. And don't tell me that it has always been like that ( bursters > snipers/cripplers in PvE). Because in 2238 when you had to go hunt San fransisco patrols to loot LSW, you were happy when you had a guy being able to cripple the strong arms Npcs or knocking them out. But sorry last season when you wanted to farm, it was ONLY enclave patrols because it was the best thing to do ( and NCR army for armors..). How to kill them ? Start in TB and one hex them with burst weapon. Good job.... Cool. And of course they don't react when you got closer since Karma is deleted. Nice one.
-What about crafting abuse like deagles extended capacity during all last season. That was fine ?  In previous season to level up you SHOULD NOT go farm for xp. WHY ? It was 20 times faster to collect junks in multi logging.
- One hexing disabled :facepalm , it was funny and skilled. Hex bots sorry ? People were banned for using that. People created bots for mining, should we delete mining ? People created bots for collecting ressources, should we delete ressources ?
If you want to do something good, increase a little bit damage from bursts when you get closer and closer to enemies ( it's more realistic and not a bad idea) and LET the one hex mechanics. Cause right now people will not move anymore in combats, wtf, they ll just stay and shoot cause when you move action points does not regenerates !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Tesla Helmet, yes it was op, yes it is shitty, yes it was another indirect nerf of snipers  because you can crit on it for 4 hit points with plasma rifle if you don't bypass. BUT WAAAAIT nooo, I see you coming saying that it is supposed to counter energy attacks so it do it well. But ALSO against small guns it is VERY OP because of drugs that adds damage resistance and the toughness perks and due to the fact that small guns damage are less than energy dmg which makes it a better overall helmet.
-T4 ! Enemies that you can't fight at all because they camped magic lockers for years because they don't have lives and were not able to use everything before wipe  ;). Nice frustration.
-Best of the best, the no drop. Ah, you are now creative in your destruction ! No more adrenaline in PvE and PvP, you just have to care about ammunitions and have high repair now. Everything are for the newbies now ? Tell us please. And the worst thing is that now the newbies will not even enjoy the beginning of the game, which is supposed to be exciting, to be hard.
-No stealing  :facepalm , you are altering the original universe.

Players who spent all these years on FO didn't understand what FO is(in the mind of players) and should be. I lost faith in these people, no one can help them anymore.

Kilgore...You said something, and you lied. You lied on this webpage :https://www.fonline-reloaded.net

In the part features you said :  FEATURES
"FOnline: Reloaded expands on the well-known and liked gameplay mechanics of FOnline: 2238 while simultaneously doing away with the elements of the previous game that weren’t really popular with the players."

So full loot was not considered popular by the players of 2238 ?( and players of last season ) Players had problems with full loot ? Who ? 2 lost idiots ?
Stealing skill on players was considered as a big problem by players of 2238 ? ( and players of last season)

The truth is that we are all playing a server directed by ONE GUY, in 2238 it was a team of devs called the rotators with 7 people :

Grzegorz "Atom" Jagiella.
Markus "Ghosthack" Öberg.
Stefan "Lexx" Keßner.
Slaven "Lisac2k" Ostojic.
Bartosz "scypior" Przygoda.
Ben "SlimCharles" Jenkins.
Tom "Solar" Jones.

Kilgore, ask people to help you with choices please. Build yourself a team of true old veterans that know this game very well. Your own vision is not the vision of the majority as we noticed many many times. It's OVERPROUD to want to do this work of balancing, and implementing new features just by yourself and asking 2 guys one evening on a teamspeak !

Last thing, we waited years for this wipe. Years with xp exploits, with map bugs like in the north spawn of junktown where your fucking screen is stuck against the scroll blockers. And now in your release of third season you tell us that it could have new exploits/bugs and all ?
But wait, how long this season will last ? Because if there is an exploit and players are using it at the beginning of the season, even if you correct it after it's too LATE. It already gave an unfair advantage to them for all the rest of the season, and if it last 6 years again, please imagine the frustration about that. The first teams to take towns will have caps, better gear and all and they ll be able to recruit players more easily etc..

This is very important and can ruin a season so consider this problem please. I don't know, try to take a group of 10 players and test your server for one week or something.

The words are : Shameful, hideous, ugly, bad, sad after all  :'(

My goal is not to say, OK guys lets leave this shitty game. Understand me please, my goal is to make things changes for the better. I hope that bad features will be deleted. And there are some good features and quests too I have to admit.

About the new sneak system I don't know if it is good or not, tell me please..

« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 07:33:42 pm by NarrowMinded »

jobany

• View Profile
Re: Third season debate
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 07:46:37 pm »
decide if u wanna play on a server with 50 players or a server with 1000
also reevaluate your life if noloot is ur bigest problem

you know PVP GODS liek you used to tell noobs "wasteland is harsh"
but now it seems that its the opposite. noobs are telling YOU the same thing. its harsh for you to get used to changes that actually help the game grow ;] very unfortunate. how about playing something else

Elizabeth

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 08:06:52 pm »
You know,even though i agree with almost everything you said,its their game.They can do whatever they please with it. Its been said milion times that they dont care what you would like or wouldnt like so just for your own sake stop wasting your time.Its simple,you like-you play,you dont like-walk away. Some people will play it and donate,if not it will get closed and theyll move on.Thats what i would do if i were you.

Napalm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 08:10:16 pm »
I think NarrowMinded have good points. I just need more time to realize how this game will be now. No loot its a hard change. For one side is good, for another it sucks. Complicated to give a feedback for while.

Anyway, few records of occurrences in Justice Department so far. I'm taking the day off! San francisco beach waiting for me. Time to surf. Bye!

abysse

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 08:31:46 pm »
Changelog

Important:
There are lots of new and very experimental stuff and that's why this session should be considered as a beta test. New possible bugs, exploits and broken parts of the game are to be expected. I didn't add (WIP) note to changelog but most of changes are WIP.

No needs to be rude, just points the problem one by one.

NarrowMinded

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2017, 08:36:50 pm »
We will see if this server will have more people than others or if it will be the opposite my dear. What I notice is that it is the beginning of this new season, we were waiting wipe for years and there are only 200 players connected now. If you are old enough in FO you would know that it's not good at all and that most of players leave after 2-3 months. Watch your mouth because it's possible that the 50 people server will become this one.

Don't say useless sentences please. This is just a personal attack without any sense : "also reevaluate your life if noloot is ur bigest problem"

You re talking about me having to "reevalute my life" because I am pointing out  something that I don't like ? And pointing out this problem means that it is my biggest problem in life ?
The truth is that I played this game with my friends for years, and WE don't like these changes. Is it a problem for you that we Don'T REMAIN SILENT ? Who have a problem in his life ? Me or you ? ;D

But what you said at the beginning is very very interesting : "decide if u wanna play on a server with 50 players or a server with 1000"

You are starting your message without even trying to debate against me with arguments. You are immediately asking me to choose between a server with few people and a server with a lot of people ( 50 and 1000). But wait, my favorite game is Fallout Online. Not FO Destroyed version. Basically you are saying : decide to play on a FO server with 50 people, or on a FO destroyed server with more people. Even if FO destroyed version has more people it's not the game I want to play dude. If I want to play games that have a lot of players, there are a lot of other hello kitty games online, lot of other mmorpgs and frustrating MOBAs with a lot of players. But what mode FO good was that it was almost unique, because of full loot and post apo universe/ambiance, quality of pvp etc. That's why I was playing this game even if it did not have a lot of players.

" you know PVP GODS liek you used to tell noobs "wasteland is harsh" "
Now this is the worst personal attack you made because you don't know me at all, you are ridiculous with this messag. I am playing this game since 7 years !!!! And during all this time I helped A LOT of players, Hundreds of players, I still have more than 100 contacts on skype and it is only the a skype that I created for FOnline, I helped them all !!! I am not lying I can send you screen of my skype in private if you are interested about the truth. If you are not then keep casting personal attacks about people that you don't know. It will cause no harm to people like me who are careful about what they are doing and what they are SAYING.

But you seems to have a problems with PKs because I was talking about the no drop which is very GENERAL subject related to both PvE and PvP(town controls, arranged fights in reno etc) ! And if we observe your message you linked automatically the no drop to : newbies in bluesuits getting killed around hub by PKs. Why ? As I said no drop is very general subject. But YOU ! Have a problem with getting PKed. While it can be a motivation of getting stronger to get revenge.

You are ending your message basically telling me to play something else while I explained in my first message that my big hope was that this server changes for the better and the opinion of many players it's not going in this direction.

I have read your messages Napalm, Elizabeth and Abysse, thanks for your opinions.

I agree with you Abysse it is important to point out the fact that Kilgore said it was a beta test. But let's not forget that 2238 was an open beta test too right ?

"August 15, 2009: After several months in Close Beta Test, the Open Beta Test 3 begins. It's the third Open Beta Test for the FOnline game, but the first for the Rotators game, now only known as FOnline: 2238. For the first time, everybody can play the game and test it."

And it stayed in beta since 2238 closed.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 08:43:07 pm by NarrowMinded »

jobany

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2017, 08:44:04 pm »
so much wrong in one post ;]
dont like it dont play it that simple. all i said. yall crying for wipe for years then now crying beacuse u cant be lvl 100 LEET PK in 1 day

The Trooper

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2017, 08:44:51 pm »
There is an easy solution to the no loot, you cant be looted below lvl 24 (for noobs and newcommers) after that you can be looted and/or after killing 10/1st player.
1hexing got "nerfed" with the one brd removed, weapon tiers got lowered while we still have toughtness,et,ad rush and all armors at our disposal, don't see a point to remove 1hex as it was.

It's just my opinion, don't really care tbh, if it changes expect me back if not, ah to hell with it :D

The Trooper

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2017, 08:46:15 pm »
so much wrong in one post ;]
dont like it dont play it that simple. all i said. yall crying for wipe for years then now crying beacuse u cant be lvl 100 LEET PK in 1 day
joba suqa, its still possible, but most of "pvp apes" rq after the no drop loot and 1hex removal

NarrowMinded

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2017, 08:51:36 pm »
I totally agree with the option given by The Trooper ! And would even add that in Town Control you can loot and be looted ( and maybe same for Reno).
By talking to each other I was sure that we would find great ideas !
Nice intervention The Trooper !

Napalm

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2017, 08:53:33 pm »
Numbers never means quality. Many people playing LOL and listen Justin Bieber at same time, it means both things are good? Veterans must be considered with respect here, this game is alive until today because of us. But I always argu about noob side, and helps as possible to support new factions. I hate to say that, but even Khans I help to bring them to pvp in the past. They were just a bunch of noobs around hub killing noobs in tb. I believe in their potential as a faction, to be a great enemies in the future. I like to see new possibilities, new factions and balanced conditions. Lets play a bit more and give our feebacks soon. I just feel like this no drop loot will be changed some how anyway, lets see. Until there... I can leave npcs kill me inside San Francisco boat to "teleport" to my tent near mine if I am tired to walk.

Never again actions and funny moments like this:

No problem NarrowMinded, you are welcome!

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2017, 09:35:03 am »
What I notice is that it is the beginning of this new season, we were waiting wipe for years and there are only 200 players connected now.

When I read your posts I think you must be living in some alternate reality. Last time we wiped in 2015 player counter was pretty much the same and you can check it here: https://fodev.net/status/history/
The rest of bullshit posted by you is not even worth any comment as it's a big stack of lies and misinformation, just as in part above.

What I have to tell you is (though I posted it some time ago somewhere in forum):

You owe us nothing and we owe you nothing. You don't like the game, don't play it. I will quote one of our favorite developers of 2238:

Quote from: lisac2k
get it once and for all - this game is free. There are no clients, no purchases, no hiring and no contracts. If you're failing to realise that, then gtfo this board and better not show anywhere on internet, or anywhere else, for that matter, because all you're gonna do is cause permanent brain damage for normal people.

Personally I don't care if this game is played by 50 players, or 500, or 5000.
I would rather have a game played by 50 adult people than by 5000 spoiled children like you who are only able to shitpost.

Your idea about drop being enabled after certain level is of course BUGGED and EXPLOITABLE.
And seeing how much damage was done to your life by desert eagle exploit, we can assume that you would be the first one to cry a fucking river about it.

triqua

• Supporter & Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2017, 11:11:43 am »
So you asked about opinions..

I also think the new features make this season for sure less harsher.

but i think the majority of the people writing here in forum are pvp players. but the majority of ppl playing the game are pve people. and most of the changes are just for them. (kilgore stated this last year or this in forum somewhere). i had a situation yday where some guy dropped in my encounter, i started attacking him and he just shouted "i need one golden gecko skin". i just dropped one and went to exit grid. why i didnt finish him off? no loot but the experience was somehow nice new and friendly.

i dont know how tc changes will affect pvp so i wont comment on it (for now).

ppl were often complaining about hamsters who come with shitty equip to pvp. now you can find out who is the best. you can use good stuff and have fun and can get better and better in situations where you are outnumbered by the enemy faction. no more rq because the enemy suddenly showed up with twice the people on a day where you thought it would be 'safe' to go out with your apa on the commercial catwalk ;)

i think kilgore will adjust some things here and there. but overall i think this is going to bring some fun.

(dunno how i will miss hexing but it seems to have been a bigger problem  with hexbots than i was able to imagine)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 11:49:53 am by triqua »

Napalm

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2017, 12:42:11 pm »
Your idea about drop being enabled after certain level is of course BUGGED and EXPLOITABLE.

Agree, same about another alternatives around that. Lets play a bit more people, come on. I like this things about no drop, and no hex. Ok, we will miss it some how. But its finally balanced in my point of view. I personally complained a lot about motion sensor and another issues from last sessions. Still dont like, but adapted and I found new ways.

No drop loot means = More action. No noobs going to loot like rats. And finally I dont need to say "dont loot, dont loot" and see them looting and diyng front of me. SURE, I will miss a part of that. Was part of strategies the loot thing, was amazing some fights. But I feel that I will prefer the benefis of this changes instead the negative points. Time will tell us. Will be more usefull our time here anyway and I like that. Last session was a pieace of shit, I love this one tbh for while.

NarrowMinded

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2017, 02:02:27 pm »
Dear Kilgore, thanks for your answer but I disagree with you...
Don't quote a sentence out of context please. "What I notice is that it is the beginning of this new season, we were waiting wipe for years and there are only 200 players connected now. If you are old enough in FO you would know that it's not good at all and that most of players leave after 2-3 months."

What does "FO" means ? Fallout Online, not Fallout Online Reloaded.
Did you create Fallout Online Kilgore ? Is it your property ? No, you created Reloaded server right ?

Now how many were we during 2238 seasons when a wipe occured ? 200 ? No !
We were more than that, maybe 400 and that is what I meant with my sentence.

I have big problems with this sentence dear Kilgore : "The rest of bullshit posted by you is not even worth any comment as it's a big stack of lies and misinformation, just as in part above."

I am asking you to prove me that what I wrote is wrong, and a big stack of lies. But you will never be able to prove that something true is wrong...
Saying that what I wrote is bullshit without saying arguments does not make my text bullshit. If you can do it( bring true arguments), then I ll recognize that my text is misinformation and lies. But I know what I wrote and I am not a lier, you are making a false charge against me right here without any proofs.
But now I ll make a charge against you too, you are the lier accusing me of what you are doing yourself ( lying).
I have proofs on my side, proofs that "...is not even worth any comment..." in your opinion. And you what do you have ?( Yes I quoted you and cut your sentence but the the difference between my quotes and yours is that my quotes are not changing the meaning)

By the way Kilgore : "You owe us nothing and we owe you nothing. You don't like the game, don't play it."

Running a server and a forum is a responsability right ? If for example you decide to ban me because you don't like the messages I post on forum let's imagine ok ? You are totally able to do it, "You owe us nothing and we owe you nothing". No one is going to prevent you from doing that, but will it be something good ? Yes you are the person that take the FINAL decision here because it is your forum and YOUR game. But don't forget that it also include moral responsability. And I personally think that one of your responsabilities (correct me if I am wrong) is to listen a little bit to your players and your community. Don't you think ?
Again : https://www.fonline-reloaded.net
in "Features" : "FOnline: Reloaded expands on the well-known and liked gameplay mechanics of FOnline: 2238 while simultaneously doing away with the elements of the previous game that weren’t really popular with the players."

Now how would you know what is popular with the players and what is not if you don't care about players opinion ? And I think you care about players opinion because if you didn't, you would have read my message right ?
So if then, stop telling me to leave if I don't like the game, I am here to give my opinion so you know what is popular with the players and what is not. I am contributing to it like other players.
So at least if you don't agree with them ( the players), it is your right that I respect but don't say that what they are saying is bullshit please like you did with my message.

Thanks for reading everyone.

PS : All the things I am saying are totally verifiable.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 02:16:55 pm by NarrowMinded »