March 28, 2024, 07:48:57 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: 3rd Session Info  (Read 80308 times)

2238mudcrab

• View Profile
Re: 3rd Session Info
« Reply #225 on: January 25, 2018, 11:21:16 am »
Actually, things are going great over Discord. It's only the Forums that suffer from such negativity. Most people now are very pleasant to deal with, and interact with. It's very refreshing. In game atmosphere has improved a lot too! We've even started hosting regular Player Events with the Community! We've having a blast!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6dhg5j

Lol.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 26, 2018, 05:44:02 am »
I still see life in game and people having an absolute blast! FOnline Reloaded is a great MMORPG, and it's only getting better with the new massive updates we have planned for everybody.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 03, 2018, 05:00:49 am »
lol yes sirs

Shamessa

• Freelancer
    • View Profile
    • Rulers and Empires
« Reply #228 on: March 10, 2018, 05:10:30 pm »
Actually, things are going great over Discord. It's only the Forums that suffer from such negativity. Most people now are very pleasant to deal with, and interact with. It's very refreshing. In game atmosphere has improved a lot too! We've even started hosting regular Player Events with the Community! We've having a blast!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6dhg5j

Lol.

That's it - number says it all. 2017 January it was 88 average and 2016 102 average players. And it was with season that lasted long time. I spoked with two friends I've played S1 and S2 if they still play and response was "no lot - no thanks" in both cases. Also we spoke about crafting and junk usage (I don't mind it). basically, I logged onto forums to see If I was wrong. If I would see same +/- number of average players It would mean me being pissed-off for no loot system is just pure ranting and I didn't understood changes. but seeing playerbase dropped by 70% shows clearly that that was Bad decision. Pity, becuase I still wanted to play the game with new features...
Freelancer

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 15, 2018, 05:14:42 pm »
That's it - number says it all. 2017 January it was 88 average and 2016 102 average players. And it was with season that lasted long time. I spoked with two friends I've played S1 and S2 if they still play and response was "no lot - no thanks" in both cases. Also we spoke about crafting and junk usage (I don't mind it). basically, I logged onto forums to see If I was wrong. If I would see same +/- number of average players It would mean me being pissed-off for no loot system is just pure ranting and I didn't understood changes. but seeing playerbase dropped by 70% shows clearly that that was Bad decision. Pity, becuase I still wanted to play the game with new features...

We (apes) all feel the same. The game had all sorts of problems, caused both by the game itself and it's players, but it was unique. Now it all feels like a generic Not Massively Multiplayer Online game. It looks the same but the spirit is dead. The few apes around for the years that lasted S1 and 2 liked it and had it nowhere else so they stayed. The players around now could play anything else (dunno, like dofus for instance) and be happy. Wasteland ain't harsh anymore.

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 15, 2018, 05:52:43 pm »
Oh, you are still chewing the same smelly old rag?

number says it all
Last time I've checked there was absolute zero fucks given about numbers. Unless I've missed some official info anywhere that states opposite?

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 15, 2018, 09:13:28 pm »
All my friends love this game, love all the changes since this new season began, love to see jackasses leave, love it love it love it. Now more than ever, this game is the best. Quests! Locations! Features! And now we can enjoy them more because aforementioned jackasses have mostly left. Finally! Finally, the game got way way better. Thank you, devs!

Rinzler

• Sarcasm mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 16, 2018, 01:02:15 pm »
Oh yes the game has achieved a level of divine perfection never even dreamed of by it's humble player-base. Although it could be taken as criticism to suggest that it was not perfect in it's previous incarnation and as we know, criticism is synonymous with apostasy so perhaps we ought to say that finally the game has brought us to a new level of perfection which is in a harmonious parallel with the state of sublime perfection it was in previously? That way we can kiss arse and not upset anybody.

Anyway, let's look at the joyous gifts which season 3 has bestowed upon us!

Fetch Jobs! - Seriously, this is what fonline is all about and by the grace of god it now accounts for 50% of player activity in the game. And people are seriously complaining about this? Well, we all know where complaints end up so stop spoiling it for everybody. Players are having a blast, somewhere anyway, probably in a quest map. Which brings us to:
Quests as replacement for PvP People only ever did PvP due to no quests in fonline, it's been proven in tests. Now there is almost no excuse to be caught in a public location by another player and even the unlikely event of that happening has been written out of exsistence by divine providence! (see below)
'The No Loot Miracle" Yes! Praise be! The heresy of risk in PvP has been abolished! Now we can pose in places other than the hub with absolutely no risk at all, ever! Even stealing has been taken care of to ensure that we can all do what we always wanted and not have to risk that horrible sense of mourning when our precious gear was stolen looted by evil heathens other players. And as if our cup wasn't already pissing it's contents all over the floor, just wait until T4 is enabled! I know you're already picturing yourself running around everywhere, not giving a shit in your HPA. Go on, picture it, it's okay.
Destiny of Town Control as Crafting and Bartering Activity Realised! Perhaps the greatest gift of all, for years the town control timers were misinterpreted as an invitation to barter and craft and many noobs holy children were killed and worst of all, they lost their fucking gear! Never again will this be tolerated! Plus for absolutely no reason when you go to fight craft you will instantly have a gang of NPCs ready to defend you so it's not as if there is no PvP it's just that PvP has been reworked to give NPCs a bigger a role in it, which of course is what PvP has always been about.

So there you go, there's the evidence and in case there is any further heresy confusion: Player numbers are in no way an indication of the success of these glorious updates and any suggestions to that effect are, in fact, witchcraft.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 01:06:33 pm by Rinzler »
When you get angry please try to remember it is not really me you are angry with, my words have simply triggered your pre-existing anger and in doing so created a false reality where it’s all my fault.

jobany

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 16, 2018, 03:25:41 pm »
Oh, you are still chewing the same smelly old rag?

number says it all
Last time I've checked there was absolute zero fucks given about numbers. Unless I've missed some official info anywhere that states opposite?

Sure, we all know that online games are meant to be played alone. It's totally OK to not meet anyone in the wastes. According to Corosive, all the life is on Discord and not on the forums, and now it seems it neither is in game.

All my friends love this game, love all the changes since this new season began, love to see jackasses leave, love it love it love it. Now more than ever, this game is the best. Quests! Locations! Features! And now we can enjoy them more because aforementioned jackasses have mostly left. Finally! Finally, the game got way way better. Thank you, devs!
You seem to have very few friends then.
But worry not, the 80-90% of playerbase leaving is totally the sign of your good work.

"B-But we can advertise the server and we get 400+ people easily as we did before !!!1!11!!1!"

At the start of the current session 200+ people already knew about the wipe and have seen the changelog, still only 20-30 stayed. You managed to turn an already unsuccessful game into a total failure and you are trying to convince everyone that it's totally okay. Delusion at its finest.

intruders

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 16, 2018, 03:30:34 pm »

Spoiler: show

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 16, 2018, 07:15:11 pm »
Sure, we all know that online games are meant to be played alone.
I've never said so. I just pointed out how player count is important for devs of this particular server. Therefore moaning about low players number is invalid in this case.

Old Death

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 16, 2018, 08:02:26 pm »
Hahaha Rinzler u kill it, man!

Rinzler

• Sarcasm mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 16, 2018, 08:07:13 pm »
Sure, we all know that online games are meant to be played alone.
I've never said so. I just pointed out how player count is important for devs of this particular server. Therefore moaning about low players number is invalid in this case.

Or the numbers could be a valid indicator of success however they try to spin it. Nobody likes to admit they fucked up but the facts are changes were made and most players didn't like them as evidenced by their lack of presence and living in a discord bubble surrounded by 20 or so groupies doesn't change that.
When you get angry please try to remember it is not really me you are angry with, my words have simply triggered your pre-existing anger and in doing so created a false reality where it’s all my fault.

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 16, 2018, 08:15:49 pm »
Depends on the goals they've set for themselves. None of us can tell for sure. Having a server with narrow pool of players, focused on killing geckos and shit, could be the goal as well.

Rinzler

• Sarcasm mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 16, 2018, 08:28:48 pm »
Depends on the goals they've set for themselves. None of us can tell for sure. Having a server with narrow pool of players, focused on killing geckos and shit, could be the goal as well.

I'd say the numbers are valid regardless, there clearly was an expectation that people would like the game and play it. But if the goal is a narrow pool of players killing geckos then I think that's been achieved, so stage 2 must surely be to make the server private so that nobody comes back and spoils it?