March 28, 2024, 09:18:25 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: 3rd Session Info  (Read 80312 times)

OldBoy

• View Profile
Re: 3rd Session Info
« Reply #165 on: September 14, 2017, 03:18:49 pm »
It's not about masochism, it's about challenge.

Challenge - play another 8 years with no loot. Can you?

Johnny

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 14, 2017, 08:52:55 pm »
i think no drop is good feature.
 I laugh at people who say they are pvp player when they say i play for fun not for loot, and then they say uh no loot i quit.

RACK

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 15, 2017, 12:15:57 am »
somethink wrong on this session and this not about dropping stuff.
my english bad but i tell what game lost tooths
developers need play to see it

Bison

• Supporter
  • (Retired First Generation Khan)
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 15, 2017, 02:24:02 am »
somethink wrong on this session and this not about dropping stuff.
my english bad but i tell what game lost tooths
developers need play to see it

There's definitely an issue if Rack isn't having fun blowing everyone up!  ::)
For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.

RACK

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 15, 2017, 03:08:56 am »
coz i cant blowup - guards in towns, tank builds, rar and weak landmines, difficult to drop explosives. i use c4 only when throw it in tb lel. i dont want to kill 1lvl noobs, i wanna kill good and interesting players and i bored after 2 weeks of this session. everybody wanna survive by builds and rules and gear, nobody wanna be attention and careful
when fonline was original here was cool players with insects in his minds - now, let me see, what rp u play? fat army man in implants who fight in atomic war like hundreds same, with many serves character on his base
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 03:17:33 am by RACK »

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 15, 2017, 07:24:54 am »
coz i cant blowup - guards in towns, tank builds, rar and weak landmines, difficult to drop explosives. i use c4 only when throw it in tb lel. i dont want to kill 1lvl noobs, i wanna kill good and interesting players and i bored after 2 weeks of this session. everybody wanna survive by builds and rules and gear, nobody wanna be attention and careful
when fonline was original here was cool players with insects in his minds - now, let me see, what rp u play? fat army man in implants who fight in atomic war like hundreds same, with many serves character on his base

Haha this is actually really funny. You of all people complaining about not being able to kill anyone. You dont deserve to be able to kill anyone but lvl 1 noobs because you are on the same level as them. You literally do nothing but sneak and drop c4 and i thought it was a joke but now i see you actually think you arent bad and that makes me laugh. Hope c4 and mines are removed lol.

As far as this game being made like other mmos, it wont work. There are far more impressive games aimed at casuals and most of that group will be turned off by fonline. The thing that made it different from those other games is what attracts people to it. So then you will end up with just a couple fallout casuals who miss interplay that like to do erp in hub and collect ball gags like wichura. Relying on a pool of masochists is a tried and true model that keeps most fighting games and ALL competitive games period alive for decades.

Fonline is a niche market and that is what should be catered to. It will never have a broad appeal no matter how carebear it is made. Notice how.no purely pve or rp servers had any extended life.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 07:37:53 am by Beer »

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 15, 2017, 07:53:47 am »
As far as this game being made like other mmos, it wont work. There are far more impressive games aimed at casuals and most of that group will be turned off by fonline. The thing that made it different from those other games is what attracts people to it. So then you will end up with just a couple fallout casuals who miss interplay that like to do erp in hub and collect ball gags like wichura.
Stay away from my ball gags collection, you filthy freak!
Indeed there's plenty of MMO's for casuals and carebears, yet none of them is set in FOnline/Fallout universe. How about we try something new for a change?

Relying on a pool of masochists is a tried and true model that keeps most fighting games and ALL competitive games period alive for decades.
Yeah, that's why we are all heading to a point when there's more FOnline servers than players.

Fonline is a niche market and that is what should be catered to. It will never have a broad appeal no matter how carebear it is made. Notice how.no purely pve or rp servers had any extended life.
Simply because making pure this or pure that server is pure nonsense and shouldn't be the case ever. By the way - pure PvP servers didn't work either.
Niche of FOnline is full of rotten stagnant smell and same faces over and over. You meet someone and first thought is "who's alt is this?". Newcomers are coming and fleeing soon after with a ragequit, not much of a fresh air in this swamp. I'm really not sure if current no loot carebear feature does the trick in a longer period, but I'll love to see what happens. Just out of curiosity.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 15, 2017, 08:25:09 am »
As far as this game being made like other mmos, it wont work. There are far more impressive games aimed at casuals and most of that group will be turned off by fonline. The thing that made it different from those other games is what attracts people to it. So then you will end up with just a couple fallout casuals who miss interplay that like to do erp in hub and collect ball gags like wichura.
Stay away from my ball gags collection, you filthy freak!
Indeed there's plenty of MMO's for casuals and carebears, yet none of them is set in FOnline/Fallout universe. How about we try something new for a change?

Relying on a pool of masochists is a tried and true model that keeps most fighting games and ALL competitive games period alive for decades.
Yeah, that's why we are all heading to a point when there's more FOnline servers than players.

Simply because making pure this or pure that server is pure nonsense and shouldn't be the case ever. By the way - pure PvP servers didn't work either.
Niche of FOnline is full of rotten stagnant smell and same faces over and over. You meet someone and first thought is "who's alt is this?". Newcomers are coming and fleeing soon after with a ragequit, not much of a fresh air in this swamp. I'm really not sure if current no loot carebear feature does the trick in a longer period, but I'll love to see what happens. Just out of curiosity.

Dont worry i have no desire for ball gags  :)
There have been more casual fonline servers and they didnt do that hot. All pve/rp is as casual as it gets so i dont see this as much of a change so much as choosing to go the way of fonline australia or AOP. i also never said to make it all pvp. i guarantee you 95% of pvpers also like pve and also rp occasionally.

We are heading to where theres more servers than players because most servers are actually just shitty. Not just for pvper apes but also for casuals because they are flat out badly made. Only a couple have anything going for them and everyone knows it.

The biggest thing that made people quit wasnt the looting or open pvp it was the lack of content, which has to a degree been fixed now. Now the biggest thing is keeping the players that come for the content instead of them just finishing it and quitting like its a singleplayer game as most casuals do. For that you need a competitive and open ended lategame which is why im a fan of the no loot til like lvl 20 or so. Lack of people knowing this game exists is also a barrier so advertising would reaaallllyyy help a lot.

The best idea is to actually integrate pvp with some quests or something for more low level people that would still have no drop enabled just so they can get their feet wet, get comfortable, and get hooked on the adrenaline rush. Rather than oppose each other these 2 sides of the game should complement each other.

Old Death

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 15, 2017, 09:16:43 am »
Beer have strong point.Maybe i'm crazy but to me is more autistic no drop feature then drop like before.Game with graphic style like this and old fallout lovers who are born just after Woodstock doesen't have much chance in this time exept that adrenaline charm what was taken away.Quests are nice just like tits on women, u enjoy them but if no charm in her, u go search another.

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 15, 2017, 09:18:46 am »
I meet a lot of player because of that change, most of nessies came out of caves because they can actually play this game and no run for their lives. Like Wichuj said there is less of ghosts town (but still its only because of overall low player count)

RACK

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 15, 2017, 09:23:24 am »
advertising not help coz follaut  is "old pice of shit" be realistic here play very specified contingent and half of players we lost forever when babys like u crying all this fixes

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 15, 2017, 10:12:55 am »
Stfu rack. Go make c4 and sneak in a cave. Everyones opinion here has value except for yours dipshit.

Eclair

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 15, 2017, 10:29:46 am »
Another "drop" compromise is to let players turn on the drop permanently via command line or support perk/quest.

Example:
If player with drop on meets player with drop off - last player will not drop his stuff (if dies) but will get the stuff of the first player (if wins). It should stimulate PVP drastically.

To make the system non-abuseable - stuff from the dead player (with drop on) should be only available to the player who did the max damage on him.

danivalus

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 15, 2017, 10:51:31 am »
No drop on = 50% exp. No drop off = 100% exp...

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 15, 2017, 11:01:14 am »
advertising not help coz follaut  is "old pice of shit" be realistic here play very specified contingent and half of players we lost forever when babys like u crying all this fixes
Advertising can help (it did a lot to FOnline2 the other day), but first you need to be sure your product is worth advertising and spreading the word.

No drop on = 50% exp. No drop off = 100% exp...
So for the sake of saving time (leveling quicker) you'd expect people to spend more time (gathering pixels to replace dropped gear)? How's that suppose to work?