April 16, 2024, 09:22:51 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: 3rd Session Info  (Read 80594 times)

Apostle

• View Profile
Re: 3rd Session Info
« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2017, 12:01:32 pm »
My feedback in the short time of playing the third session and only getting to about level 8 while playing off and on, it's a mixed bag. Good and bad, but expected.

I'm enjoying the more quests and fresh start, I like some additions here and there.

Private Mines being visible to everyone? Haven't seen it in practice, but the "on paper" sound of it is prettttty bad. Wasting thousands of caps to allow everyone to waddle over and poke through your stuff? Who'd do that? I wouldn't. I rather grab a sledge and head to a PVP mine. I really suggest rolling this back. The main reason people bought mines because it offered a safe way to get higher quality resources.

No Drop. Mixed reception both publicly and personal. I'm a veteran here, but not anyone note-worthy, just a random shmuck, so I'll give my random shmuck 2-cents. It has goods and bad. The good is it does allows people to be less cowardly since there's less risk involved. The downside is, because it becomes more casual, it loses a lot of the charm. A lot of charm. when I was new, the compulsive need to hide every 10mm and leather jacket was both exciting and terrifying. Kept me interested and gave the game a charming feel. The rage of losing my stuff certainly existed, but it never had me rage quit, just be a coward.

If you ever do roll back the no drop, PLEASE roll back the metal/gunpowder/alloy resource requirements. Having to add junk to everything is extremely tedious. Right now, it's okay because no drop. But if you bring back drop, remove roll back those resource requirements.

Other than those, I'm enjoying it, so far.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2017, 12:33:35 pm »
Kilgore, I don't have 2nd SG level on crafting I can not see full list of craftable guns, and I didnt see the 9mm PM on changelog list. There were plans to give us 9mm UZI, you skipped it for now or scrapped it?
GUN FOR HIRE

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2017, 01:08:59 pm »
Scrapped it for now, people complained about 9mm ammo being useless but you can disassemble it now.

Cheech

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2017, 02:21:23 pm »
I agree with apostle, i just yesterday mined 2 k resourses like autist and then i realize i have to add junk to craft...  that was a rq af. + no drops as we see is thing most ppl dont like, i made poll yesterday and only in half a hour it filled like was 80% ppl against it, and its not just random ppl but some of them people that i play more than a year, in some cases 3.
Plus early game is struggle as fuck, i play 2 days but i got only level 9 even doe im hard as fuck and played it long time.. guess u just need alot of things to level (outdoorsman, repair, fa , barter all together) but u can't get it all at once. Well maybe its just couse i pref to not to do quests. but other changes is hella good! can't w8 to make new builds or use that juicy laser smg or what its called? 8)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 02:24:58 pm by Cheech »

Data

• ...I se dead people...
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2017, 03:08:01 pm »
its all about the benjamins baby   8)

Kaso

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2017, 03:49:11 pm »
I like the no drop-thing.

If people really want loot, we could think about giving the killer (kill shot) the opportunity to loot 1 item of his choosing.

About the junk: Needing junk for everything is indeed a lot of work.

Suggestion: make scavenging skill rise till 300 (and not cap at 100) and eneble it to find much more junk with higher levels. At the same time, lower the weight for junk.

Gooseberry

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2017, 05:18:10 pm »
From my very limited time spend playing this new wipe:

The junk addition to crafting is a fantastic change. However I believe you forgot to balance certain other factors (such as caveloot) to go along with it. and with balancing I mean nerfing it/making it harder.
Lets not deny it, Fonline Reloaded is by FAR the easiest server to play on. In previous sessions loot very quickly lost its value as you progressed. CA was thrown around by teams and more veteran players. The more valuable gear being the rare stuff or the gear with good bonusses. If any changes should be done, it should be done to make things take more time, not make them cost less time.
Though keeping lower tier gear easily craftable IS a good idea. This isnt about making the life of newbies harder, but making the game more tense and making finding CA a moment of excitement.

On personal mines: I completely agree that they were made public for all to enter. Honestly, I see no reason why they are even in the game. They serve for nothing but a method for rich/veteran players and large groups to easily get hold of tons of resources without any sort of risk. This is not in the spirit of the game whatsoever. If you want your precious ore, you should risk your ass trying to get it.

Just my two cents on the matters.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2017, 08:12:40 pm »
Scrapped it for now, people complained about 9mm ammo being useless but you can disassemble it now.

Well, 9mm UZI could be usefull on lower levels even with that ammo, eventually bringing 9mm JHP/9mmAP would bring more life to this as well. Anyway, thx for info :)
GUN FOR HIRE

Spidercat

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2017, 02:44:34 am »
I am somewhere between ambivalent and happy with most of the changes this season. I have been playing on and off since early in 2238, and I think that one of the things that keeps me coming back over the years is the thrill I get when players interact. I have vivid memories about the thrill of success and failure in Fonline. I don't get that with other games. I think implementing no-drop system is a mistake because it changes one of the core concepts that makes this game special.

I don't agree with the argument that losing your items does not matter because everything will go away eventually. I think the science is in about players valuing temporary digital things. I personally value those things proportionately to my experience within the game. For example, when I play Super Mario Bros. I value 1ups for the length of the game. It is true that after the game is done I no not value them, but during the game the loss of a 1up can slightly upset me just as much as earning one can slightly make me happy. I recognize that no-drop is not an evil thing, however, I believe the price paid for it in loss of immersion and exciting game play is too high.

I would also like to address this:

"But we'll keep working on game and changing what's necessary. This time we wanted to check something totally different and see how it works. "

Thanks for this. This is important, and it is a good reason to try something like no-drop. I may disagree with the developer(s) on this topic, but I recognize that there are valid and logical arguments for it, and that I may be wrong. I am very appreciative for all the work they do.

Ivic777

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2017, 09:55:16 am »
I think its good no-drop idea, cuz some people dont have much time to farm and they just come to pvp, and also there will be more pvp, cuz no fear of losing gear.

For now only bad thing is that you cant run away from armed npcs in encounters.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 09:57:13 am by Ivic777 »

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 04, 2017, 01:09:19 pm »
Ok I see some people lose control when bitching about no drop change, I suggest you to play the game instead of wasting time for posting. Especially if you're not even lvl 24 and all pvp you're doing is forum pvp. And if you don't play the game at all then don't spam, thanks.

Thanks to those for constructive feedback (even if negative), not even 72 hours passed since wipe and I think it's still too early to draw conclusions, what I don't understand is the desperation of some players who want "full loot back nao!!!" as I said it won't happen, we want to try it for longer time so stop spamming whole forum if you don't like it because such behaviour is simply childish. From now all cryposts will land in River of Tears or will be simply removed.

If you have something new and interesting to post, then go on.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 01:11:02 pm by Kilgore »

HeatSource

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 04, 2017, 02:13:09 pm »
What do you mean with "Pyromaniac is now leveling perk" is the perk it self leveling or is it meant to be used for leveling?
Strip the flesh. salt the wounds.

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 04, 2017, 02:33:04 pm »
What do you mean with "Pyromaniac is now leveling perk" is the perk it self leveling or is it meant to be used for leveling?

It means that it's not a support perk but nornal perk you take while you are leveling character.

It's a little mistake in changelog... In S2 it was leveling perk with 2 ranks, at some point of developing S3 Pyromaniac was changed to suppprt perk and some time ago it was changed back to leveling perk with 1 rank and % damage instead of flat damage bonus.

So a little bug in changelog ;p
:facepalm

Cheech

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 04, 2017, 02:34:40 pm »

It means that it's not a support perk but nornal perk you take while you are leveling character.

It's a little mistake in changelog... In S2 it was leveling perk with 2 ranks, at some point of developing S3 Pyromaniac was changed to suppprt perk and some time ago it was changed back to leveling perk with 1 rank and % damage instead of flat damage bonus.

So a little bug in changelog ;p
in s 2 leveling perk? i did 3 thousand damage in reno pvp with that "leveling perk" :D

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 04, 2017, 03:07:35 pm »
Read again, with understanding this time.
:facepalm