There are lots of new and very experimental stuff and that's why this session should be considered as a beta test. New possible bugs, exploits and broken parts of the game are to be expected. I didn't add (WIP) note to changelog but most of changes are WIP.
Due to nature of changes previous builds, guides, wiki content will be outdated for some time.
Changelog is only partial and doesn't include many changes, especially tens of new quests and jobs.
Server has been wiped as it was far behind what we are working on and therefore maintaining an outdated game was becoming pretty much pointless and stalled the development process.
- Game now uses newer FOnline SDK revision, downloading new client is required,
- Minimum character length is now 3;
- Character level is now visible for all players;
- Added new crafting materials;
- Completely reworked crafting recipes, requirements and resulting experience - it's now based on requirements;
- Removed resources from bases, added more in towns;
- Removed low-level player protection in encounters;
- Character can have more than 10 tents;
- Private mines are no longer private, but visible to all players on worldmap;
- Encounters have a chance to spawn powerful enemies - they might drop items with bonus;
- Encounter NPCs drop only broken armors if any, they drop weapons in good condition 30% of time, and have a chance to drop other items.
- Poison is now dangerous and also stops HP regeneration.
- Sneaked characters are now partially transparent for every player;
- Smoking animation added for few character models (male);
- Smoking no longer requires a lighter; but if someone has cigarette pack in his hand, you can use ligher on him/her,
- Changed experience for lockpicking doors/containers;
- Elevators are now usable in Turn-Based mode;
- Elevators can transport up to 3 people, who tagged person using elevator, are not in combat, in his/her sight and in max. 5 hexes distance - Real-Time only;
- Radio channel 1 is now Caravan broadcast channel, gives info about arrivals & departures, receiving-only.
- Radio channel 2 is now Hinkley broadcast channel, gives info about started matches, kills and winners, receiving-only.
- Deleted characters are now removed from factions terminals,
- Accepted members can be demoted now,
- Traders now pay 20% price for items they wouldn't accept otherwise,
- New player faction names added.
- Displaying faction emblems - they are managed via updater;
- Namecolorizing is now managed and updated via updater; if you want to use your custom namecolorizing, change PublicNamecolorizing.txt to CustomNamecolorizing.txt which overrides public file;
- Ability to change walls/roofs transparency without editing graphic files, as an alternative to hiding them completly.
Reloaded.cfg->[Reloaded]->WallRoofTransparency : transparency percentage (default: 25%)
Reloaded.cfg->[Bindings]->ToggleWallRoofTransparency : turns transparency on/off
- Ping/FPS is now visible on screen - can be configured;
- New burst mechanics for weapons with burst spread; bullets distribution now depends on distance;
- New bypass mechanics;
- Player is always desneaked at the end of his turn in TB battle;
- Single shot attacks using weapons with aim mode disabled by Fast Shot has a chance to hit random body part;
- Players no longer drop carried items on death;
- Weapon "drops" now transfer items to inventory instead of dropping them on the ground,
- Armors are no longer destroyed by some death effects;
- Players above 24 level lose some experience points on death (less if killed by player),
- Added armor/weapon deterioration penalty on player's death, depending on death type,
- timer removed; faction takes control instantly, requires 5 geared members in TC zone to take town and 3 to maintain control; town can't be taken if controlled by other faction that has at least 3 geared members in TC zone,
- there is a check for maintaining control every minute, control is lost after 3 failed checks in a row,
- min. armor condition for captors changed from 20 to 50,
- max militia changed to 10; every 5 minutes 1 militia will spawn up to max 10;
- control is taken with existing militia if no player gang is controlling it;
- locker is not cleared on taking/losing town,
Town Control rewards:
- some items typical for town spawn every 5 minutes,
- 10% of trade value with NPC;
- 10% value of items crafted in town;
- 25% of scavenged items in town;
Members of controlling faction get following rewards when present in town:
- experience points every 5 minutes,
- additional 10% experience from items crafted in town,
- ...other rewards are on todo, like experience from quests finished in town, discounts on town services etc.
More changes coming.
- A LOT of new quests (also repeatable) and jobs; discover them on your own.
- Starting location changed (map made by Cerberix, thank you very much, great work);
- Lander's Point added as Tutorial location where new players can learn how to play the game; it is optional though very recommended for new players,
- Main quest added;
- Brotherhood of Steel chain quest and new locations added;
- Town containers now spawn some low-level stuff randomly;
- Various quest encounters added;
- Music is now included in client;
- New player bases;
- Depot and Trapper Camp can be bought for bottle caps in Klamath, Scrapheap in Redding, Outpost in Junktown;
- Added player farms;
- Blackjack and hookers added;
- New skins added;
- Large map changes, various mobile NPCs and town microevents added,
- Raiders farm location added;
- Train stations are now visible,
- Homesteaders hired in base can now gather Xander Root and Broc Flower;
- Disabled spawning predators in encounters;
- Various gambling minigames added (Pool, Risk and others);
- Player-driven caravans - buy a caravan cart and sell it in another location for profit - keep in mind that every encounter is forced, you can get caravan-only encounters and caravans in encounters are visible from WM.
- Added gear check for caravans
- Added sounds for unarmed combat,
- Stranded Ship quest is now repeatable,
- Scavenging passive skill added; you can find materials using tool on various objects,
- Sneak skill cap changed to 270%
- Disabled steal on players and followers
Other character stats:
- Armor Class completely reworked,
- Base poison resistance changed to 3% per each Endurance point;
- Characters with odd value of Agility will get +1 Move AP in TB combat;
- Small Frame removed;
- One Hander - +20% to chance to hit when using 1-handed weapons, -40% when 2-handed weapons. Adds +5 flat damage for 1-handed, range weapons.
- Kamikaze - +10% final damage, -10 DR every type
- Heavy Handed - +5 flat damage, -20 critical power, strength roll to knock down your opponent
- Fast Shot - -1 AP cost for 1-handed aimed weapons, -2 AP cost for 2-handed aimed weapons, not possible to make aimed shots, attack have a chance to hit random body part,
- Bloody Mess now causes targets to die at 0 and less HP (but it applies to Bloody Mess character as well)
- Chem Reliant - doubled duration of drug effects, but -1/3 to current hit points healed with items,
- Chem Resistant removed.
- Explorer perk now reveals whole worldmap;
- Field Medic perk allows to see First Aid/Doctor timer on players; when having this perk, FA/Doc timer is applied to target instead of healer; this allows to heal whole team in short time.
- Players are now able to heal knockout with Doctor skill if Doctor cooldown is not in effect; players with Medic perk can heal knockout despite active timer;
- Removed Awareness perk, it's built-in functionality now;
- Removed Bonus Move perk, now every character has +2 move AP;
- Removed Earlier Sequence perk, now every character has +2 base sequence;
- Fixed In Your Face perk;
- Stealth Girl support perk now works for both Stealth Boy and Motion Sensor
- Pyromaniac is now leveling perk;
New support perks: Fortune Finder, Scrounger, Kama Sutra Master, Alcohol Raised HP, Vault City Inoculations, Way of the Fruit,
- More Critical - can now be taken also with Close Combat 100%
- Quick Pockets level requirement lowered to 3
- Toughness - changed from normal type damage to all damage, DT bonus lowered from 2 to 1
- Even More Criticals - can now be taken also with Close Combat 125%
- In Your Face! - perk level requirement lowered from 9 to 6
- Closed Combat Master - merged Bonus HtH Damage and Bonus HtH Criticals
- Bonus Ranged Damage - merged 9 and 12 lvl Bonus Ranged Damage
- Sharpshooter - merged Sharpshooter, Hit The Gaps and Right Between The Eyes
- Medic - merged Healer and Medic
- Field Medic - merged Living Anatomy and Healer+,
- Heave Ho! - merged Heave Ho! and Heave Ho!!
- Pyromaniac - is now leveling perk, requires lvl 9 and 100% of any combat skill, gives +25% fire damage boost
- Better Criticals - merged Better HtH Criticals and Better Criticals
- Lifegiver - each rank gives 30 HP, endurance requirement removed,
- Gain SPECIAL - bonus increased from 1 to 2 points
- Dodger - merged Dodger and Dodger+, has 2 ranks instead;
- Dodger perk now lowers final hit chance by 5% (works when unarmed and melee/throwing weapons);
- Iron Limbs - merged Tree Trunk Thighs and Iron Grip
- More Ranged Damage - damage per bullet increased from 3 to 4
- Livewire - doesn't work with two-handed guns from SG, BG, EW class
- Bonus Rate of Attack - merged Bonus HtH Attacks and Bonus Rate of Fire
- Items can be now upgraded (+1 bonus) at NPCs for 10.000, but with a chance of destroying item, fixing item or no result;
- Ammunition can be now dismantled for resources;
- Dermal, Phoenix and Nemean implants have effect lowered by 50%;
- Advanced Power Armor/Helmet can be obtained, with stats of previous Hardened Power Armor/Helmet
- Explode DT/DR bonus removed from helmets;
- Stealth Boy is no longer stackable, gives +30% Sneak skill when active, is recharged with MFC/SEC
- Marked Deck of Cards now shows one of two cards randomly (red Queen),
- Deck of Cards now shows one of 52 cards;
- Magic 8-Ball has now 20 possible answers instead of Yes/No;
- Use bottle cap to flip it;
- Removed batch limit from Still, Nuka-Cola Machine and Cigarettes crafting machine;
- XL70E3 is now rare weapon (has been boosted),
- Assault Rifle has previous stats of XL70E3,
- HK G11E is now a rare weapon (has been boosted),
- Minigun has previous stats of Avenger Minigun,
- Avenger Minigun has now +10% min/max damage bonus, not craftable,
- HK CAWS has previous stats of Pancor Jackhammer,
- Pancor Jackhammer has now +10% min/max damage bonus, not craftable,
- FN FAL Night Sight was removed,
- FN FAL changed to no-spread rifle,
- FN FAL HPFA is now like FN FAL with 10% min/max damage bonus, not craftable,
- HK P90 has now Accurate weapon perk;
- HK G11 is now like HK P90 but with 10% min/max damage bonus,
- Pulse Pistol added to crafting table,
- Molotov Cocktail damage type changed to fire;
- Rad-X now gives 20% radiation resistance,
- Cars parked in towns now have 2-minutes lockpick protection,
- There is a warning displayed when armor's condition is low.
- Added new Blueprints: Incendiary Grenade, Laser SMG, Pulse Pistol, Thermal Leather Armor.
- Added fire on ground effect for Fire Grenades and Molotov Cocktails.
- Poisoned Throwing Knife,
- Incendiary Grenade,
- Laser SMG,
- Laser Support Weapon,
- Anti-Personnel Mine,
- Thermal Leather Armor,
- Black Robe,
- A lot of fixes everywhere.
- Probably lots of bugs, exploits and broken stuff.
Reworked the way how critter animations are assigned; introducing system which allows to prepare skins for players in more comfortable way (by automatic some of common tasks) and allows easy spotting of possible mistakes.
Whenever possible, similiar animations was merged into one skin; different animations activate depending on currently equipped armor. Lot of human skins starts fusing player animations when wearing fitting armors - usually Metal/Combat Armor or better, but that's not a strict rule. Animals keep base animation (with few exceptions) despite of armor used.
In few cases running limitation is enforced - ghouls won't be able to run even when wearing Combat Armor or better; remember to read skin description before buying.
+ Additional PvP modes/locations (Base control, Domination);
+ Further map modifications (some of current maps are *VERY* temporary);
+ Large dungeon with full loot enabled;