April 27, 2024, 11:18:45 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: KILGORE! REAL QUESTIONS INSIDE!  (Read 2538 times)

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
KILGORE! REAL QUESTIONS INSIDE!
« on: July 31, 2017, 09:53:15 am »
Hi Kilgore..

as a random scrub playing & enjoying Reloaded I'm here to ask few questions:

1. WHAT WOULD BRING YOUR FONLINE PASSION/ENTHUSIASM BACK?
2. WHAT DO YOU EXPECT RELOADED TO BECOME IN NEXT MONTHS/YEAR(MAYBE YEARS)?
3. WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS TO KEEP THE COMMUNITY ALIVE?
4. ARE WE GOING TO SEE GAMEMASTER-DRIVEN EVENTS?
5. ARE WE GOING TO SEE MORE ACTIVE STUFF? (PLAYERS DESERVE IT)

There are still a lot of people playing/entertaining your game and all deserve some feedback.

If there's anything you'd like to get from the community as well be more proactive - talk to people! Passion can be regained - this is not a marriage where there's no good-end (jk).

Now question to y'all devs - is it hard to implement automatic events with some prize? I.e. 5v5,10v10 hinkley automated pvp on weekly basis? With ie. prize such as clean 5x/10x CA MK II for the winning team?

Make sure not to blame the idea immediately you see that - I'm just curious what all can devs here do.

Rgds,
The Almighty Gaylords

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: KILGORE! REAL QUESTIONS INSIDE!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 11:09:19 am »
Can someone remove the trash post from Programmer?

Sorry kid, you weren't either funny or clever.
The Almighty Gaylords

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 12:42:12 pm »
Nah dude, the wipe is next month and you made "this thread again". Don't play few months the game or get busy and you won't be bored.

you got it completely wrong. I didn't ask when is wipe.

Please read through it again and remove your posts.
The Almighty Gaylords

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 02:45:47 pm »
Read FAQ, it should explain a lot.

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 03:04:43 pm »
So instead of actually answering some of these you rather pointed me to FAQ and fucked me off.

Well done.

No other question.
The Almighty Gaylords

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 03:06:26 pm »
Well it's written for purpose, not to tell people "to fuck off".

Have you at least tried reading it?

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2017, 03:14:53 pm »
Several times, not only today.

only two FAQ that could be applied are:

question 3 could be partially answered by Q&A: There was no update since a long time! A: ---
question 5 could be partially answered by Q&A: There was no update since a long time! A: ---

I expected something like:

re 1. .. "its been years since I launched this and this do not bring me so much joy anymore and I can barely think of anything that could improve it"

re 2 .. "i expect it to live as long as possible - become fonline server n1 with biggest community ..."

re 3 ... etc..

but I can live with FAQ..

The Almighty Gaylords

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2017, 03:56:38 pm »
alright then, here are answers:

1. if only I had more time on actual work on the server and this time wouldn't be eaten in 90% by stupid trolls/cheaters/dramaqueens/players with demands

2. become what? I don't understand. we'll improve the game when we have time and will to do that.

3. the state of the game community is the result of:
- what the game currently is,
- how players play it,
- how developers maintain/improve it.
If you think that it only depends on us, then you are wrong.

4. yeah there were some events but with each event some people always got butthurt about something ridiculous and made-up. so I guess nobody wants to waste his time (and preparing events takes a lot of time) just to read more crying in game and forum.

5. I don't know what do you mean by "more active stuff". should I play the game on 10 characters to entertain you? this is the game where you have world, features and tools to do various things, how you play it is mostly up to you. if you expect others (or game staff) to improve it, then maybe you are just bored and should take a break.

Now question to y'all devs - is it hard to implement automatic events with some prize? I.e. 5v5,10v10 hinkley automated pvp on weekly basis? With ie. prize such as clean 5x/10x CA MK II for the winning team?

Make sure not to blame the idea immediately you see that - I'm just curious what all can devs here do.
What stops you from organising such event by yourself? We did it in 2009 on fonline: 2238 without any problems and without any help from game staff.

ok, now the most interesting part in your post is "PLAYERS DESERVE" phrase.

lemme clarify something if FAQ wasn't clear enough:
- by maintaining this game, we offer FREE service.
which means you don't have to pay if you want to play. also, you don't have to pay if you want to win. you can enjoy a free ride and it's perfectly fine. we don't make any profit on this game.
- we don't expect anything from players in return.
of course you could say that we expect players following game rules but you have to realise that if there are no rules, the game will be much less playable. and via forcing game rules, we again invest our own time for you.
- we don't play the game for our own fun
though I remember DocAn played for some time in 2013, until he was bored of pvp-obsessed people accusing him about all sorts of made-up shit. maybe we could play the game on some unknown nicknames so nobody gets butthurt about it. so as you see, developing and maintaining the game kinda ruined our own gameplay (remember we played FOnline 2238 from 2009 to 2013).

if you dig deeper, you might come to the conclusion that there is no good reason for us to maintain/develop the game. AND YOU WILL PROBABLY BE RIGHT! I'm pretty sure that every fonline dev will tell you after few years that he feels like some sort of sadomasochist. so what? will you tell us that we should shut it down?

so again, "PLAYERS DESERVE" part.
what do players deserve?
and what do we get in return from these deserving players? except neverending crying about everything?

I bet that even this post will cause butthurt for some. of course instead of being honest I could copy-paste some correct and polite answer which wouldn't explain anything, but is that what you really want?

if you have demands - again, read FAQ, last question&answer.

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2017, 07:51:14 pm »
Thanks for your reply - appreciate, here's mine:

1. I can't really imagine what it is like to run an online server but I played a lot of games with lesser/bigger playerbase (also different games) and know what devs/gamemasters have to go through some times - trolls can be ignored, cheaters can be banned (I know this means going through shitload of logs), drama can be avoided (sometimes) but yeah, if it's wasting so much time I'd try to split it - at the end of the day, you are three devs and you have discord where you can send people with ingame questions (I bet you are doing this already)

2. Become the most attractive server for majority of fonline players - I just wanted to know what do you expect.. I mean, if I ran a server, I'd want it to be the best server from all available servers - but this is my competetive nature. Thanks for your reply.

3. It does not only depend on you - I never said that, what I meant is like - community is alive - now partially due to upcoming wipe, but since I joined Reloaded back after years I saw really few responses from you guys (cubik/Wesan, you). Old players know you are working on the server and / or don't give a fuck but if newcomers see no GM alive or any "authority" they could rely on they might just leave and go somewhere else - I get all things re free time and that you are doing this guys for free, I myself have a job and family so I know what it is like to spare some free time but if you showed up from time to time just to let people know you are alive it'd help significantly.

4. yeah, you are absolutely right and I already thought about going for some - nevertheless, something more like hide n seek or Fallout questionary - give the winner some prize - the reason why I did nothing like that yet is I'm still thinking what'd be the best way to advertise that - if I start an event on discord only few players will notice and that's an advantage for those who do not use discord - or I could use both, discord and radio ingame but still, GM world-wide message which appear up to everybody in game is still something more.. and to be honest - people trust more in Gamemaster sessions than these player driven ones.

5. You don't have to entertain me, I can fun myself in various ways while online - the thing is - every server need an active staff and you can deny it or agree,... if you just give server a go and then watch from behind then OK, but this might lead to lesser playerbase - as I said.. from psychological point of view a visible server owners brings up a feeling that the server is not dead/dying.

now to kinda defend word "deserve".

This server is alive and I think your initial intetion was to run a server with decent playerbase - you create a server and your payback is their loaylty to it - means they will play your game. While they are playing your game, they are doing something for you while you are doing something for them at the same time - you just pay money for it, we don't - thus donations - I know, donations can't run the server forever and it's not even something you could rely on, but from what I saw some people made their donation a monthly recurring thing - and why? Because they appreciate and value the job you are doing and hoping it won't end that soon. Now, apart from that they cannot give you anything else than - a good suggestion, find a bug and report it, send some donation and most importantly - they stay. There's many people like this and therefore I used a word "deserve".

Phew, this is a shitload of text and I think I missed a lot of things I wanted to say during my writing, but hopefully I covered most of it.

Thanks!
The Almighty Gaylords

bayer monsanto

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2017, 02:29:29 am »
Please excuse powerpuff's autism he is suffering dearly. But how is the progress on the game going?

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2017, 06:13:36 am »
Please excuse powerpuff's autism he is suffering dearly. But how is the progress on the game going?

I did mention earlier that no kids are allowed to comment here, so piss off you immature cake before I call your parents to shut you down.
The Almighty Gaylords

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2017, 10:00:22 am »
Look, first of all I cannot call him differently if he comes here and start off saying I have an autism. Only immature failures say that.

I asked normal questions and yes, if you read my post from 07:51:14 pm you will find that I already planned to do some player driven events and also what I struggled with so far.

What you answered is true but not something I asked for. I know there's a upcoming wipe - I know that right - I'm playing since 2238 was launched so I kinda know what wipe changes ... - I wanted Kilgore's personal opinions and answers. That's all, I got what I wanted so I'm going to lock this topic now.

Rgds,
The Almighty Gaylords