April 16, 2024, 03:25:56 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: A Couple of Additions Wanted  (Read 3023 times)

Taylor3006

• View Profile
A Couple of Additions Wanted
« on: July 20, 2017, 03:09:53 am »
I love the game, very happy with everything other than not being able to craft Combat Armor MkII.... I would like to be able to buy an apple tree(s) for my base as well as tobacco plants that grow. Sounds stupid I know, call it a quality of life improvement. Just like having plants at the base, useful plants would be even nicer.

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: A Couple of Additions Wanted
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 07:50:02 am »
So less player encounters because they will be all farming in their bases?

Bases already have sufficient benefits and you can grind fiber like crazy..

No thanks.

The Almighty Gaylords

Taylor3006

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 10:50:32 am »

No thanks.

Ehh not much "farming" that could be done on an apple tree. I suppose you could with a tobacco plant but they are not worth much as leaf and without a cig roller not much you can do there. For me it is just a quality of life improvement, nothing more. If you are hunting players who are collecting apples or making cigs, just hang around the Hub and farm newbies when they get sucked into encounters. Most of the times I have been killed by players is when chopping wood around the Hub. Notice I didn't ask for trees.

bayer monsanto

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 11:11:59 am »
You can compromise by selling tree seeds in public locations and public places to sell apples to npc so players leave base for tasks but still have this tree suggestion

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 01:19:43 pm »
Spoiler: show

No thanks.

Ehh not much "farming" that could be done on an apple tree.
Spoiler: show
I suppose you could with a tobacco plant but they are not worth much as leaf and without a cig roller not much you can do there. For me it is just a quality of life improvement, nothing more. If you are hunting players who are collecting apples or making cigs, just hang around the Hub and farm newbies when they get sucked into encounters. Most of the times I have been killed by players is when chopping wood around the Hub. Notice I didn't ask for trees.

Ok, - wood, you can obtain 150+ wood from a single encounter, so 10 encounters and you have 1500+ pieces - pretty god damn easy to farm and get shitton.

Apple trees - harder to find and harder to collect impressive amount. If you had one in a base, then optionally using 3rd party tools to collect apples while you're afk or whatever and then crafting flamethrower fuel or anything else from rot gut would become a huge advantage!
The Almighty Gaylords

Taylor3006

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 02:16:31 pm »
I find tons of apples in city tiles when farming footlockers in SF. I only pick 10 (5 pulls) to reduce how long I am on the map. I have a crate of almost 2000 of them. Wood on the other hand is harder to get. Much more dangerous, can only carry like 60 without going overweight and bringing the cow along to carry stuff like you do mining, makes it really dangerous. I have a crate of maybe 500 wood. Anyways to the original point, I doubt anyone is going to spend any more than a few minutes pulling a few apples off the tree at their base, saying otherwise is silly. Gonna call horseshit that someone would build a mega conglomerate of booze making to make themselves King by flaming everyone else to death. I find plenty of flamer fuel, sell it in Junktown, and there it sits, cheap and plentiful. I just now started to keep it, thinking I may try my hand at going for a unique flamer and need fuel but thinking it really is not worth the effort. Most PvP players I have seen are carrying Miniguns.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2017, 06:03:18 pm »

No thanks.

Farming what, fruit for flamer fuel and wood for anything? SOO Many less encounters will happen  ::) (Also player base is low atm but I can assure you that you'll encounter someone anywhere on the map when wipe happens)

As for OP, craftable CAMKII we'll have to wait and see what happens next session, which shouldn't be long now. Also as for growing stuff in base, I'm not sure 100% sure but I think you can grow stuff in FOnline : Shelter, and I believe growing your own farm will be a feature for next session. If not then it would be a great addition, I don't see how it will be game breaking or ruin the economy for such low tier items, even in bulk amounts.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2017, 08:57:14 am »
Actually, gathering is removed from bases for next season.