March 29, 2024, 11:53:13 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: A few pre wipe suggestions..  (Read 1590 times)

Ray

• Your friendly Khanstipated Oil Khan
    • View Profile
A few pre wipe suggestions..
« on: June 24, 2017, 11:00:10 am »
Hex repair. We already have hex science so why not hex repair? It would save an enormous amount of time trying to repair all the farmed gear prior to sale. And I don't think it would be too hard to implement.
Sierra Army Depot. Its a very cool location but sadly its currently useless. I strongly think that its a great candidate for another dungeon. There are already mobs of robots inside and plenty lockers. Why not make use of it?
Item count in containers. We have "Space Taken" which is great to know how much space is left in the container. But could we maybe also get an item count? To know exactly the amount of items we have in that container? Right now I have to put my armors on the ground to keep track of them.

Programmer

Re: A few pre wipe suggestions..
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 10:55:19 am »
If it comes to minor suggestions, I would like to remind this one https://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=12037.0 Same category as your.

swinglinered

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 07:30:41 pm »
Hex repair. We already have hex science so why not hex repair? It would save an enormous amount of time trying to repair all the farmed gear prior to sale. And I don't think it would be too hard to implement.
Sierra Army Depot. Its a very cool location but sadly its currently useless. I strongly think that its a great candidate for another dungeon. There are already mobs of robots inside and plenty lockers. Why not make use of it?
Item count in containers. We have "Space Taken" which is great to know how much space is left in the container. But could we maybe also get an item count? To know exactly the amount of items we have in that container? Right now I have to put my armors on the ground to keep track of them.

1. For hex repair there would have to be a mechanism for applying super toolkits/wrenches/tools. Do all items get the bonus, or just up until the tool breaks? What if I have many tools, how do they (or do they) stack?

2. Sierra would make a nice dungeon or, even better, a universally hostile faction. It is the home of Skynet.
Have various Bot Patrols in a 1-hex radius.

Now and then robots would attack Reno, Redding, or even further away. This would be just some scout probes, with increases in size, power, and frequency over the course of a session. This would eventually require the various player factions to unite against a common foe. This endgame could involve one last super-hard run of the Sierra dungeon in the event of some future Wipe (after the "soon" one).

Until then Sierra would just be another Glow, with turrets and Sentry bots.
The lockers could have stuff consistent with the mission of the real Sierra Army Depot.

Howitzer shells, chemicals, electronic parts, HQA, GMP, MP, GP, AGP, high quality fibers, high quality electronic parts, oil cans, fuel cell controllers, SEC/MFC, ammo/special ammo, explosives, mines, etc.
But maybe not much actual gear.

3. Item count? I guess. It's absurd to have so much stuff in a post-apocalyptic world, so maybe keeping track of it manually could be a "realism penalty".

-SwinglineRed

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 09:15:45 am »
1. Repair bot is the answer.
2. Yeah I guess so.
3. I don't think you will need so many armors after wipe.