April 28, 2024, 11:13:18 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: PvE content  (Read 1122 times)

Lackey

• View Profile
PvE content
« on: October 03, 2013, 05:12:02 pm »
First I'd like to say; this isn't a complaint about PvP. The server has a high focus on PvP and that aspect is enjoyable. PvE however, is severely lacking. The only PvE a character has is grinding 1-30.

Some of my favorite memories from TLA and 2238 were the PvE server events. Some were "be among the last 10 to survive wave after wave of enemy."
         -These forced me to work together with players I'd been fighting the entire time.
         -All grudges were momentarily dropped in the greater effort to SURVIVE

Another idea is a "heist" situation. In which say "BoS has recently made some technological breakthrough" or "You have heard about the location to BoS PA armory." A conceptual design would be a standard entrance with incredibly strong enemies that a player must "sneak" past. Another entrance could be lightly guarded, but only opens from the inside.
         -Sneak character gets inside, avoids detection (enemy facing movements) and opens the door
         -Players from faction enter and loot the vault, all while fighting BoS to escape
         -could be a great way for a faction to obtain PA or HPA without the current mechanic of "get lucky"
                -or other rare loot

Dungeons have been talked about being improved. I have faith that these will eventually be finished. These are just some ideas that could help make the game more enjoyable between bouts of Town Control.