April 25, 2024, 04:37:48 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: New with a few questions!  (Read 2651 times)

Aria

• View Profile
New with a few questions!
« on: October 03, 2013, 09:36:10 am »
OK first off love the original FO1-2, tactics and on into fallout3 NV and so forth!

I was checking this game out based on a recommendation from a friend in wurm who really appears to enjoy it, after checking out the wiki and forums still little confused about how exactly PVE works?

Based on what I was reading sounds like PVE players can still be stolen from (while alive) and killed by other players...is this correct? And if this is the case what is the point of being PVE?

paco

• View Profile
Re: New with a few questions!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 09:51:34 am »
Based on what I was reading sounds like PVE players can still be stolen from (while alive)
Only when out of battle. TB won't allow theft, RT will remain until battle timer passes, 10 seconds.
and killed by other players...is this correct
Yes.
And if this is the case what is the point of being PVE?
Levelling. PVP doesn't give exp.
<wimp> crucify apaco and paco for telling you how to use a computer and get on irc
Quote from: Carl von Clausewitz
War is such a dangerous business that mistakes that come from kindness are the very worst.

Aria

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 10:07:57 am »
Shame was looking forward to trying this ...but not a real fan of pvp, thank you for taking time to answer my questions.

paco

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 10:10:05 am »
It's not like every encounter you meet another player.
<wimp> crucify apaco and paco for telling you how to use a computer and get on irc
War is such a dangerous business that mistakes that come from kindness are the very worst.

Max Payne

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 01:32:09 pm »
One more time, what for an answer...

PvE for levelling?? lol.

I do pve for farming. So the interest of pve is to kill npc's and take her stuff back.This stuff can be trade, or used for PVP.

Thief are only present in safe town like ncr, and if you are a little be careful, no one will never steal you, because they come only when you are speaking with the trader.

Pve works like that:

You go on the wolrdmap and surch about encounters. When you find one you can do it in real time or in turn based mode, this can be change in the settings of the game. Then if you successfull kill them all, you can take the stuf.

Ok, it happens that sometimes, Players-killer spawn in the same encounter, and try to kill you, but it happened not much.

If you love fallout 1 and 2, try the game, you can craft, do quests, kill npcs, make a team, roleplay etc.

paco

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 01:40:35 pm »
I've played FOR since its launch and I've only once had someone come into my encounter.
Think about it from PK's perspective: you go into an exping ground and what will you gain? A laser pistol? A flamer? Or maybe 10mm pistol? All in all it's not worth going there better prepared.
PVP usually happens in unguarded towns and dungeons.

Aria

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 05:07:56 pm »
Thanks guys for explaining things to me, guess I can give it a shot not like I have to pay to give it a try right? :)

paco

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 05:59:18 pm »
The game is freeware. Donations for the server are optional.