April 29, 2024, 12:04:59 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: [Balance] Craftable gatling laser  (Read 5348 times)

Flre

• View Profile
Re: [Balance] Craftable gatling laser
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2013, 05:16:07 pm »
This however does not mean I think Avengers are balanced very well right now, but that's another thing. A nerf to 5mm AP might be in order here, honestly, when a max tankiness build with a ridiculous amount of DR is the only way to survive more than 2 bursts (one 10 AP round with BROF and -1 AP Avenger) from an Avenger at range, it means that the Avenger is a guaranteed kill on people without Adrenaline Rush, 2 Tough, Psycho, multiple Lifegivers, etc.
I disagree. Stop using jet, take psycho and 2x tough, you will see the difference, even without adrenaline rush. You will not be able to kill even 190 hp guy from range with doubleburst. And it's ~180 dmg from 1 hex on tough guy without jet. Don't even try to say that i'm lying, i tested it alot.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 05:18:50 pm by Flre »

Lackey

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2013, 05:18:41 pm »
This however does not mean I think Avengers are balanced very well right now, but that's another thing. A nerf to 5mm AP might be in order here, honestly, when a max tankiness build with a ridiculous amount of DR is the only way to survive more than 2 bursts (one 10 AP round with BROF and -1 AP Avenger) from an Avenger at range, it means that the Avenger is a guaranteed kill on people without Adrenaline Rush, 2 Tough, Psycho, multiple Lifegivers, etc.
I disagree. Stop using jet, take psycho and 2x tough, you will see the difference, even without adrenaline rush. You will not be able to kill even 190 hp guy from range with doubleburst.

This is a flat out lie, with 90% DR on my 287 hp character, I was still hit for 158 by mediocre crafted Avenger. (toughness/even tougher, Adrenaline rush proc'd, psycho, combat armor mk 2). If you have trouble getting over 100 damage out of your avenger then maybe you should have an introspective look at the flaws of your build as opposed to assuming others are bad.

Flre

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2013, 05:20:38 pm »
This is a flat out lie, with 90% DR on my 287 hp character, I was still hit for 158 by mediocre crafted Avenger. (toughness/even tougher, Adrenaline rush proc'd, psycho, combat armor mk 2). If you have trouble getting over 100 damage out of your avenger then maybe you should have an introspective look at the flaws of your build as opposed to assuming others are bad.
I can prove my build anytime. And you have a good chance to loose, due to your favourite jet. Btw, gatling guy < avenger because of damn jet also, which he's forced to use, because it's impossible to do 2xburst without jet. And 1 burst is obviously not enough.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 05:26:04 pm by Flre »

Lackey

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2013, 05:59:06 pm »
I can prove my build anytime. And you have a good chance to loose, due to your favourite jet. Btw, gatling guy < avenger because of damn jet also, which he's forced to use, because it's impossible to do 2xburst without jet. And 1 burst is obviously not enough.

Only snipers and sneakers should ever take jet. I can already burst twice in 1 turn with avenger. Why would I need jet?

Gatling laser is easily countered (MA MK2) or Brotherhood Armor. That and its inability to be crafted are its downfalls.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 06:00:59 pm by Lackey »

Flre

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2013, 08:30:31 pm »
But if you are not troll, you would never type this:
This is a flat out lie, with 90% DR on my 287 hp character, I was still hit for 158 by mediocre crafted Avenger
because it's possible only with crit bullets.. 2X tough adr.rush guy ON jet takes 120 dmg on range from pure low hp dmg bg burster. And no need to lie here.

jacky

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2013, 08:41:31 pm »
guys this is not about avenger, av are strong and we can keep them as they are, i would just boost vindicators to be stronger than avengers.

gatlings need only crit % and power and ap reduce,

Lackey

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2013, 09:36:35 pm »
But if you are not troll, you would never type this:
This is a flat out lie, with 90% DR on my 287 hp character, I was still hit for 158 by mediocre crafted Avenger
because it's possible only with crit bullets.. 2X tough adr.rush guy ON jet takes 120 dmg on range from pure low hp dmg bg burster. And no need to lie here.

Look, I don't know what to tell you if you're builds aren't optimized. I'm surely not going to give you the builds that my friends and I have worked on together. If you would care to enter Hinkley for some PvP to see what I'm talking about then fine.

jacky

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2013, 11:19:35 pm »
Only problem with you build my dear sir you have 11ap brof with out stonewall or 10ap with stonewall :) only Gatling bursters can be 2xtoughness psycho beer 285hp 11ap tanks. I used that in 2338 for close combat in nr

jacky

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2013, 05:33:26 am »
Tesla vs gatling : 20-40 in range
Ma mk2: 50-65