March 28, 2024, 10:36:31 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: "The Departure of Gimper"  (Read 8303 times)

EveOfEden

• Sorry, eh?
    • View Profile
"The Departure of Gimper"
« on: March 14, 2017, 12:35:49 am »
My brother got banned  :'( :'( so this is dedicated to his memory lol  the banhammer strikes again!!

abysse

• View Profile
Re: "The Departure of Gimper"
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 02:06:44 am »
Eh ! that's a nice drawning ! how much time it takes to make this ? ;p

EveOfEden

• Sorry, eh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 02:18:03 am »
Eh ! that's a nice drawning ! how much time it takes to make this ? ;p

lol thx, about 15 minutes. i asked Gimp what my new fan art subject material should be and he mentioned this haha. normally my stuff is a little more detailed.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 02:24:21 am »
:'(  :'(

RIP Gimper

Great art btw

EveOfEden

• Sorry, eh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 03:26:03 am »
:'(  :'(

RIP Gimper

Great art btw

I know, it was sad to make this lol. and  thank you

Bison

• Supporter
  • (Retired First Generation Khan)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 03:42:12 am »
Gimper will live on!
For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2017, 03:45:15 am »
Did he really "steal" Seki's char?  I thought it was legitimately available?

Shame.

Gimper took Cannon down with him!  Even worse!

superlublub

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2017, 08:40:20 am »
Gimper was a nice man.
Hope him luck.

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2017, 01:55:25 pm »
Did he really "steal" Seki's char?  I thought it was legitimately available?

Shame

Gimper took Cannon down with him!  Even worse!

Character was shared with password.  Shame it got returned in such a barbarian way that's not supported by any of the game rules. I bet some newbies with their chars stolen receive them back.

EveOfEden

• Sorry, eh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2017, 03:29:27 pm »
Gimper will live on!

Indeed, he will!!

EveOfEden

• Sorry, eh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2017, 03:30:36 pm »
Gimper was a nice man.
Hope him luck.

Yes, he helped me start back up again when I returned to the game.

EveOfEden

• Sorry, eh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2017, 03:32:34 pm »
I have noooo idea what you all are talking about! what do you mean did he steal a character??

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2017, 07:25:58 pm »
Follow the money Eden!  Get the truth!

Dr. Mengelito

• Supporter
  • Oh Slash, it's TKs!
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2017, 09:05:32 pm »
Gimper donated hundreds of dollars to this gameserver and we haven't seen any proof of his crime, worse yet Cannon of all people has been blamed aswell. Was the real "crime" here not to allow Seki back in AA? Was Cannon simply banned for being Khan? Just asking questions here...

Reloaded seems to have a history of abuse vs. community leaders, from Napalm being assaulted and called "Facepalm" by the administration here, Gargantua serving numerous bans over the smallest things, Sven was banned as Khan Raider Leader for posting "Nice." once. Mantis getting punished over nothing and was openly shit talked on discord by admins here even though his tutorials for Reloadeds been watched by thousands of players. Myself on occation from forums over the smallest things no matter donations or starting the whole rewards for mapping competition, making close to 50 newspapers one released every week, after being personally asked for it and firing off the whole Wasteland News section with TDKs thats been enjoyed and still is by so many people here since. Now it's Gimpers turn it seems? Is the real problem here that Kilgore can't hex?

I don't know anymore but as a project manager I'd suggest working together with the community instead of against it.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 10:13:27 pm by Dr. Mengelito »

"The infiltration took a huge toll on my physical and mental health; I was haunted by nightmares of being exposed to the faction I was infiltrating, other nightmares being of Mengelito." -Lash 2016

EveOfEden

• Sorry, eh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2017, 02:27:45 am »
Gimper donated hundreds of dollars to this gameserver and we haven't seen any proof of his crime, worse yet Cannon of all people has been blamed aswell. Was the real "crime" here not to allow Seki back in AA? Was Cannon simply banned for being Khan? Just asking questions here...

Reloaded seems to have a history of abuse vs. community leaders, from Napalm being assaulted and called "Facepalm" by the administration here, Gargantua serving numerous bans over the smallest things, Sven was banned as Khan Raider Leader for posting "Nice." once. Mantis getting punished over nothing and was openly shit talked on discord by admins here even though his tutorials for Reloadeds been watched by thousands of players. Myself on occation from forums over the smallest things no matter donations or starting the whole rewards for mapping competition, making close to 50 newspapers one released every week, after being personally asked for it and firing off the whole Wasteland News section with TDKs thats been enjoyed and still is by so many people here since. Now it's Gimpers turn it seems? Is the real problem here that Kilgore can't hex?

I don't know anymore but as a project manager I'd suggest working together with the community instead of against it.

I found myself both chuckling, and scratching my head at how much sense you made. Although I don't know the details, and at this point it is probably better that way, I can't help but feeling somewhere along the way, somebody jumped the gun. As you pointed out, Gimper has not only donated on multiple occasions, but he has also been loyal to the game since the 2238 server. He has been friends of not only players, but mods and devs alike. He has invested more than just his time on this game, and I feel like there was a lot of guess work in this "investigation". Now like I said, I don't know all the details, only what the usual flow of gossip has brought my way. So I have heard everything from "Gimper stole a character", to "Gimper was framed". At this point, obviously, the truth doesn't matter because...he's banned. However, I am forced to agree with you, in that I feel like we kinda deserve more options when situations like this arise. One day, I'm doing TC with my bro and his faction, the next day he's banned? I wouldn't want to be in his shoes, as far as being involved in an investigation, because from what it looks like loyal players don't get treated as such, and much less often get the benefit of the doubt. I mean if someone who helps keep the server running could get brushed under the rug, then who is to say that when people like me(recently returned to the game) have issues, that they'll even be addressed? Maybe its none of my business, but I think we all can agree that it SHOULD be a little more all of our business.