Custom Faction Names
In this thread, players can request their own custom faction names, and otherwise provide names to add more variety to the list. There are already a lot of names available, but if you want a specific name for your new faction, it can be added.Procedure
* First look through the existing list of available Faction Names
. To see the whole list, use this in-game command in a character's chat bar: ~ffn
* The list is more easily reviewed out-of-game, so press F2
to write the output to a txt file in your game directory. If you want to start your faction sooner rather than later, then choose a name from that list.
* If however you're willing to wait a few weeks (or months) for a custom faction name, first use this in-game command to check to see if the name you want is already used: ~factionnames
will write the output to a text file in your game directory.
* If you're sure you want a specific name, and it's not in the above lists, then request the custom name according to the following:Rules
It's an admin chore to add your custom faction name requests, so here's the deal now offered. Make it easy to do, and we're more likely to do it. Observe these:
* Names need to be under 25 characters long. This includes spaces and apostrophes.
* Use proper case when typing names. ex: Turbo Dudes, not turbo dudes.
* No spelling errors.
* No joke names.
* Religious names are more scrutinized, so if they are even slightly offensive, they get skipped.
* No names that troll other names.
* No stupid names. Help us keep the list uncluttered with names nobody really wants.
* No porn-related names, or otherwise disgusting or perverted names.
* Expect admins to skip/ignore names that are judged "under par".Recyclable Names
If you're a known veteran, you will likely get whatever name you want that meets these requirements, even if you're the only one who will likely want that name in the future. However, if you're new here and you request a name that only you
will ever appreciate, please do not request it yet. Ideally, we want a list of names that are not single-player specific. Many new players quit after 45 days. The list should not forever be cluttered with unused names that nobody else wants. (Purging old/bad names is also a chore.)Remember a Few More Points
* If requested names cannot be copied and pasted as-is, for example because they require spelling corrections, then don't expect admins to add those names because nobody wants to make your corrections for you. Type it right or it likely gets ignored.
* If you break rules above, expect your names to be skipped, and possibly post to be deleted
* No complaining. Game is free, and there's already tons of worthy names in the list.
* If your requested name gets skipped, you can appeal. Send PM to Henry on this forum.
If you earn a reputation as a joker in this thread, or otherwise give admins a reason to start ignoring all of your requests/suggested names, because for example too many of your suggested names do not pass admin scrutiny, then all of your names might get overlooked. It takes time to do this task, and with no pay, so consider carefully what you post in this thread.
THESE RULES SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME. CHECK REGULARLY.Names in the New Queue
* The Danger Brothers
* Swedish Mengquisition
* PsychoNames Already Added Recently
* Hell's Kitties
* Gulag Survivors
* Vault 9
* Die Uberspasten
* Bulgarian Force
* Sons of Liberty
* The League of Industry
* The Preservation Union
* Arcadian Flies
* Nuka-Cola Corporation
* Flat Earth Society (a gift for Amita Rush lol)
* Alianza del Norte
* Followers of the Egg
* Preppers Team
* The Union of Egoists
* Sigma Council
* Republic of Jim