Username:

Password:

Topic: Slavery  (Read 3091 times)

Ultred

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Slavery
« on: February 03, 2017, 04:59:19 pm »
Mechanics same as normal slavery. Exception would be that the person being enslaved would have to do some bullshit, like working  at a mine or chopping down trees for ten minutes. Person who enslaved would be given some kind of benefit in the form of money or materials.
"If I'm going to die for a word, my word is pussy." - Animal Mother

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
Re: Slavery
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 05:14:49 pm »
LOL

The Khans will have a field day with this hahaha.

Do it with exploding collars.  that way it can be like - deliver x minerals to x location in x amount of time, or BOOM.

Ultred

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 05:38:54 pm »
Didn't think of that. Say person enslaved has to carry x Kg of mats to drop off point in a slave area. Low St players would take longer to complete task.  Would bring new dimension to town control as would keep enslaved player from rejoining battle. As well as other areas of the game as you would not be able to simply murder another player but would have to drop to negative hp. i.e. would take far more finesse to pull off.

Perhaps, enslavement could be tiered. Higher level of character the more that would need to be completed to obtain freedom. You could simply sell off other players to an npc or pay have team mates pay a ransom depending on level of enslaved in order to obtain caps.

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 06:00:04 pm »
Here's the problem.  No one wants to be a slave when they are playing video games LOL

Ultred

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 06:08:40 pm »
The wasteland is harsh.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 06:12:59 pm »
Probably not gonna happen.

Ultred

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 06:48:53 pm »
Would be a lot cooler if it did.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2017, 07:03:19 pm »
Instead of enslaving players (say to safe won't happen), how about making slavery better?

You know, making them chop wood, pick up a certain item in your base or tent(like tell them to gather all ammo up or all weapons, etc.), slave that can lockpick at 100%, slave that can disable traps, some slaves already like trapper have 90-100 Outdoors which will help you avoid encounters when he's travelling with you (according to wiki).

antalope

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2017, 07:05:04 pm »
enslaving players is unlikely, but what about enslaving player's mercs?

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2017, 07:30:35 pm »
I'd be all for it if the wastelanders/slaves went out into the WM to gather stuff, and could be encountered.

Or hell, FOLLOWED! :)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2017, 09:23:55 pm »
enslaving players is unlikely, but what about enslaving player's mercs?

If you mean companions, -1 (because no one buys mercs)

A companion with decent stats are hard to find, and especially if someone takes the time to level them they can be very useful in PvE, but to lose it just like that to some random player that's a slaver, bad!

More common NPCs should be enslaveable, like those Khan Raiders north of Broken Hills or Rouges, stuff like this. Marauders, Highwaymen, etc.

They're not able to attack other players now anyways, which was a problem before + a player has to go through the hassle of trying not to kill them and enslave them with a rope.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2017, 11:44:15 am »
I would rather expand NPCs that could be enslaved and made all followers (slaves too) trigger those "caravan" encounters, so you won't need real players to hunt robots, mad warriors etc
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 11:47:02 am by Mad Matt »
GUN FOR HIRE