March 29, 2024, 12:05:48 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Build Advice, a Guide  (Read 17985 times)

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
Build Advice, a Guide
« on: January 31, 2017, 05:54:12 pm »
A new guide has been added to the wiki, called Build Advice.

Now when you meet someone who clearly needs help getting started, rather than point them to the wiki in general, you can point them to this guide in particular. It's not everything, but it's something.

I have also added a new Build Template (Template:Build). It's about finished, so a few workable builds will be added too, for additional direction.

To veteran players: your worthy feedback will drive some edits to that guide, so please provide.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 07:51:10 pm by Henry »

PrebaTHC

• khans are shit
  • khans are shit
    • View Profile
Re: Build Advice, a Guide
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 12:30:37 am »
great work, +1 for sure
_________________00___________________...
________________0000__________________...
____0__________000000___________0_____...
____00_________000000___________0_____...
_____0000______000000__________00_____...
_____000000____0000000_____00000______...
__0_____0000000_000000_00000000___0___...

KompreSor

• Cześć Przyjacwelu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 06:13:00 pm »
Try using these builds link
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 04:10:09 am by Charlie »

knuckle

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 04:09:25 pm »

try use this builds link

Kompresor I'm not so sure about your builds, they seem all over the place. I think to improve the server with New players we should actually give them good builds, not these builds that have been slapped together, I don't understand the meanings of them kompresor sorry dude. I think maybe let someone with experience make some builds.

Henry, your idea is amazing and great to helping new guys my comments are at kompresor because his builds in my opinion which I'm allowed is kinda noobish, however maybe we should all get together and help out. However for me the builds are fine what u have on the wiki take no notice of the fake pros
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 06:39:16 pm by knuckle »

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 05:21:34 pm »
Thanks. It took me many hours of editing to get that build template just right, and some more hours to write that guide, and then go back thru it and make corrections and improvements. Then a few players told me things in Discord chat and i made even more edits. I have only been thanked or highly criticized. It seems there is no in-between.

Meanwhile, i personally do not want any PvP builds added to wiki. I only want PvE builds on our beloved wiki. Strong ones, but not meant for more. The reason is because...anyone serious enough to get into PvP in this game has likely joined a PvP team, and it will be from that team, not from the wiki, that they get their best PvP build advice. I want it to stay that way, because i recognize it's for the best.

That said, it's not my personal wiki. Any editor can add PvP builds now, and even ignore the template. I hope that doesn't happen too much, but i'm too busy to fight it if it does.

So it would be great if Kompressor's post could be removed, since it does not actually add anything worthy to this thread. Meanwhile, if he or some other haters want to actually do some flipping work for a change, then share your builds with the whole world, man. Tell them all how great you are, in your own thread. Write a guide! (If you will give us that much of your time.) Write a guide that contradicts everything i wrote in mine if you want. Wasteland is harsh. I know it.

Some History
Back in 2238, it was widely rumored that most Rotators (developers there) did not really like having a wiki at all. And when it came to having player factions on the wiki, they were outright opposed to that. They would rarely ever edit the wiki themselves, even though much of the data needed to come from devs, not from players lacking access to dev-level info. The fact we had a wiki was almost a Christmas miracle. So why anyone would complain when someone adds wiki content meant to help new players survive, is beyond me. I think it shows a lack of vision.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 06:35:08 pm by Henry »

knuckle

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 06:30:53 pm »
Thanks. It took me many hours of editing to get that build template just right, and some more hours to write that guide, and then go back thru it and make corrections and improvements. Then a few players told me things in Discord chat and i made even more edits. I have only been thanked or highly criticized. It seems there is no in-between.

Meanwhile, i personally do not want any PvP builds added to wiki. I only want PvE builds on our beloved wiki. Strong ones, but not meant for more. The reason is because...anyone serious enough to get into PvP in this game has likely joined a PvP team, and it will be from that team, not from the wiki, that they get their best PvP build advice. I want it to stay that way, because i recognize it's for the best.

That said, it's not my personal wiki. Any editor can add PvP builds now, and even ignore the template. I hope that doesn't happen too much, but i'm too busy to fight it if it does.

So it would be great if Kompressor's post could be removed, since it does not actually add anything worthy to this thread. Meanwhile, if he or some other haters want to actually do some flipping work for a change, then share your builds with the whole world, man. Tell them all how great you are, in your own thread. Write a guide! (If you will give us that much of your time.) Write a guide that contradicts everything i wrote in mine if you want. Wasteland is harsh. I know it.

Some History
Back in 2238, it was widely rumored that most Rotators (developers there) did not really like having a wiki at all. And when it came to having player factions on the wiki, they were outright opposed to that. They would rarely ever edit the wiki themselves, even though much if the data needed to come from devs, not from players lacking access to dev-level info. The fact we had a wiki was almost a Christmas miracle. So why anyone would complain when someone adds wiki content meant to help new players survive, is beyond me. I think it shows a lack of vision.

Totally agree with you Henry,

This is reason why no1 like AA coz they think they know all.

However just ignore it coz all they do is criticize about stuff they have no clue about and they won't even do anything about it only slam your hard work!!

Keep it going Henry your making reloaded better! Take no notice mate

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 07:34:18 pm »
To veteran players: your worthy feedback will drive some edits to that guide, so please provide.

http://www.fonline-reloaded.net/wiki/index.php?title=Builds:_Universal_Soldier

5 LK too much, 3 or 4 LK is enough. Replace small frame with fast shot, also what's the point of tagging SG or BG without any BRD perks? They encounter another player and this person pretty much doomed. And jesus, 2 INT for a PvE build? It's like a PvP build that failed to become a PvP build. Literally drop 1 LK and put into AG and you got a copy of my Yuno-Gasai character.

http://www.fonline-reloaded.net/wiki/index.php?title=Builds:_Turbo_Miner

Remove jet as a drug, as melee your goal is to be tankiest possible. 9 STR too much, it will make buffout useless so drop it to 7 so after drugs you'll have 10. Probably put rest into LK for some crit resistance. I'd remove 1 action boy for 3rd lifegiver and perhaps the other for stonewall

knuckle

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2017, 07:50:11 pm »

http://www.fonline-reloaded.net/wiki/index.php?title=Builds:_Universal_Soldier

5 LK too much, 3 or 4 LK is enough. Replace small frame with fast shot, also what's the point of tagging SG or BG without any BRD perks? They encounter another player and this person pretty much doomed. And jesus, 2 INT for a PvE build? It's like a PvP build that failed to become a PvP build. Literally drop 1 LK and put into AG and you got a copy of my Yuno-Gasai character.

http://www.fonline-reloaded.net/wiki/index.php?title=Builds:_Turbo_Miner

Remove jet as a drug, as melee your goal is to be tankiest possible. 9 STR too much, it will make buffout useless so drop it to 7 so after drugs you'll have 10. Probably put rest into LK for some crit resistance. I'd remove 1 action boy for 3rd lifegiver and perhaps the other for stonewall

Stalker he said vets mate, stop criticize all the time when you dont know maybe make a wiki account

So Kompresor says to make tank you take jet lol (with jet it has a penalty with damage so no tank lol)

Jet Tank:
special: 9 9 10 1 2 10 3 (st,pe,int,ag,lk implant)
drugs: nuka, cig, beer, psycho, buffout, jet
core traits: Bonehead, Fast shot
Optional traits: Small frame, jinxed.
read about traits same at tank above
core perks: adrenaline rush, toughness, even tougher, 3 life givers, stonewall, bonus rate of fire

Then Stalker says remove Jet, HMMM bare in mind guys that these guys are both from same faction lol

Remove jet as a drug,

So guys obviously these do not know what they are talking about lol haha
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 08:31:24 pm by knuckle »

OldSparky

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2017, 08:06:34 pm »
Great stuff, Henry. Nice job making this post and thread.

knuckle

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2017, 08:14:14 pm »
Aww please do not use any of Kompresors builds Henry

just looked through them,

TIER IV
HtH heavy handed
Sneaker sniper/cripler
cripler
HtH crit

This build doesnt even exist if it did it would be shit because heavy handed will give you less action points!

Sniper:
special: 1 10 10 1 2 9 10 (pe,int,ag,lk implant)
drugs: nuka, cig, jet, psycho
traits: Bonehead
perks: more critical, even more critical, sharpshotter, lifegiver, better critical, bonus rate of fire, optional, optional
optional perks: 2x action boy, 2nd lifegiver, RTBE, even tougher, 3rd lifegiver, tougher, adrenaline rush(request special 5 9 10 1 2 7 10+small frame)

His Sniper, when you click the thread he says they are for implants so i do not understand why you would put 10 lk 10 ag when you can put them as nine and use implants fuck!

This one im not sure what its supposed to be

Tanky Burster:
special: 5 10 10 1 2 9 6
drugs: nuka, cig, beer, psycho and can be jet.
core traits: Bonehead, Fast shot
Optional traits: Small frame
core perks: adrenaline rush, optional, even tougher, life giver, 2xbonus ranged damage, bonus rate of fire, more ranged damage.
Optional perks: even more critical, toughness
Spoiler: show
2 versions, EMC give u bonus BRD, toughness make u tanky like tank. both are good

Again it says take Jet tanks do not take, also has no stonewall so no tanky to much crit for a Tank this is a below average Burster

ok so now the next one

TIER III
Sneaker burster
Crit flamer
Sneaker solar
Crit Burster

Wow just wow lol i dont think i need to say anything  :facepalm

They have the cheek to criticize builds meant for PVE! not player killing to help new guys and they cannot even make builds themselves.

Before you criticize! look at what you do and all above is found in this thread so not made up please click   

http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=11884.0

Henry on the other hand good builds for new starters! and great hard work you have done with the Wiki!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 08:23:07 pm by knuckle »

KompreSor

• Cześć Przyjacwelu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2017, 08:41:18 pm »
lol, i mean Man of steal is useless for pve ppl when he doesnt take stonewall(stonewall protecting much much from ko than MoS)
idk why knuckle commenting my builds here istead on my topic. his wall of tears should be removed

knuckle

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2017, 08:49:26 pm »
lol, i mean Man of steal is useless for pve ppl when he doesnt take stonewall(stonewall protecting much much from ko than MoS)
idk why knuckle commenting my builds here istead on my topic. his wall of tears should be removed

I am just simply doing what you are doing. and because this is about builds its more then welcome here.

you mentioned to use you builds instead of Henry's builds and even posted a link there, so because you brought you builds to the table on Henrys thread i mentioned not to use them because of many faults, my point of view.

Also if you read Henrys comments stating that we are allowed to discuss here about builds and give advice and i am simple just pointing out the fact and giving advice about your builds.

I have done no wrong doing.

you criticize Henrys builds because of you opinion and i criticize yours as you wanted to use them instead of Henrys.

Game over

The Trooper

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2017, 11:01:57 pm »
Wow stop shitposting (rageing like guerillas) on this guys post, wew lad if someone has ever been triggered he heasn't been triggered as much as ol' Knuckle over here, no wonder khans die so fast (they must have been using kompresor's "shit" builds) ;) ;) ;)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 01:49:16 am by The Trooper »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2017, 01:36:33 am »
Knuckle, whatever factions we're  in is irrelevant to this discussion, we're discussing builds. I suggest following your owN comment and stop

why you feel the need to forum PvP everywhere dude.

I said remove jet for Henry's build, not kompressors. Komps Jet tank is still possible since you're pretty much sacrificing a little bit of normal DR but still have the benefits of high STR with stonewall and gaining +2 more AP, and with statted gear you'll have more AP, more damage resistance, more knockdowns resist, (varies on stats)etc.

Jet on Henry's suggested melee build won't be a smart choice. Anyone would range burst a melee since it's the only way to engage one. Even in PvE but IMO melee isn't good for PvE. It doesn't even have stonewall which is why I suggested changing it. The 2 builds are very different knuckle if you haven't noticed.

Critique Kompressors builds on his thread, and they are better than Henry's. Kompressor is one of the most experienced players on Reloaded. Henry did ask for feedback and if he or anyone can't handle it then they shouldn't have made the thread in the first place.

@Henry And please, I'll take you up on that offer to make my own guide. I have to tell newbies not to make your builds since they won't work and people think just cause they're on the wiki, it's the best one when reality it's not. And just cause you have the authority to edit the wiki doesn't mean you have to feel superior above everyone else. So give me permissions to edit wiki since it's where most people use it as a resource.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 02:22:30 am by S.T.A.L.K.E.R »

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2017, 03:36:56 am »
Knuckle, whatever factions we're  in is irrelevant to this discussion, we're discussing builds. I suggest following your owN comment and stop

why you feel the need to forum PvP everywhere dude.
Jet on Henry's suggested melee build won't be a smart choice...

Critique Kompressors builds on his thread, and they are better than Henry's...

@Henry And please, I'll take you up on that offer to make my own guide. I have to tell newbies not to make your builds since they won't work and people think just cause they're on the wiki, it's the best one when reality it's not...

Using Jet on my miner build i posted on wiki is the whole point. It's only the fastest miner when it has 16 AP. I look back on that page and wonder how you can be so wrong, and now i see it's my fault; I failed to mention it's for mining at guarded mines where DR is rarely ever an issue. I'll go edit the page to include that. Sorry.

I been playing for 5+ years. I never stole anything from anyone. If i find a car, i wait for owner and advise him of better parking options lol. I want to run a faction that DE-raids bases. I'm one of the few good guys, and my builds are ding-dang awesome now. Wasn't that way when i started. I tested a lot of things, and if i add it to wiki, then it kicks ass. The miner build in question is one i use myself and it's extremely efficient. So people: if jackass PKs start writing guides, please read at your own risk. These are the guys who lie about anything to gank you in a trade, steal your accounts, or even crash your PC (or hijack your forum thread).