April 16, 2024, 08:36:36 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Build Advice, a Guide  (Read 18029 times)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
Re: Build Advice, a Guide
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2017, 09:38:46 am »
Proving my point you can take criticism. You get so defensive and you're in your own lala land where all your builds are "kick ass"

Fine, don't edit your builds, but at least put up other player builds instead of just your own. This way players and newbies don't need to be forced the mindset that your builds are the only good ones out there.

Prime example right here. You literally make it sound as if your base or tent can be attacked at any moment, but it cannot unless you take someone with you.

Build advice : kompressor, a fonline veteran and PvP experienced
Build advice : STALKER, a fonline veteran and PvP experienced

You get the idea...hopefully

If you don't want to do it, then allow me to do so. I've edited most of AoP wiki but that...wiki is so much different that others. And I do have a guide WIP with gifs and pictures.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 09:42:26 am by S.T.A.L.K.E.R »

knuckle

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2017, 11:20:59 am »
Henry the pros have spoken, made judgement, criticized even tho they both say different things lol stalker has made a wiki about aop a complete different game to reloaded so of course he knows everything about reloaded of course he does, bare in mind hardly anyone plays that server aop.

Henry great work on getting the community better etc, but you have to deal with these guys all the time as they think they know everything lol

Pointless arguing with them as they know everything about the game they are elite man

I taught stalker how to play these type of servers btw

They think they know, they don't you are not making pvp builds but making builds for sstarters which they can edit in the future when they get the experience and learn about the game.

Good job

P.S if we want advice how to exploit and cheat we will hit you up AA
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 12:55:03 pm by knuckle »

The Trooper

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2017, 02:40:49 pm »

OMG THE CRINGE IS REAL HAHAHAHAHAHA

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2017, 05:13:30 pm »
Knuckle we're discussing builds, not if you "taught" me. Why you gotta forum pvp everywhere?

They think they know, they don't you are not making pvp builds but making builds for sstarters which they can edit in the future when they get the experience and learn about the game

Just because we PvP doesn't mean all our builds are PvP. But we do use our PvP experience to make our PvE experience better. I don't see any of Henry's build soloing ares while you have Kompressor literally completed it alone. Do you honestly think a newbie will make this build for only mining? Or a "universal soldier" that has literally no PvE skills. Get real. We have to suggest them builds that can do multiple things, like lockpick hunt, craft, avoid encounters, fend off other players, etc.

More they'll play, more they'll learn and they can reroll later if they want to.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 05:24:14 pm by S.T.A.L.K.E.R »

KompreSor

• Cześć Przyjacwelu
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2017, 08:58:03 pm »
there is a crit table

look how much crit power roll do u need to make someone KO,
MoS giving only 10 crit power res( it not giving crit chance res) + 10 crit power res from CAmk2, most aiming shotters(including npcs) have better critical(giving 20 crit power) but look on crit table again, this marked roll is on EN, and look on stonewall script(there is not on wiki about KO res from stonewall)
Code: [Select]
if(FLAG(eff, HF_KNOCKOUT) && target.Perk[PE_STONEWALL] != 0 && Random(1, 10) <= (target.Stat[ST_ENDURANCE] - 5))
UNSETFLAG(eff, HF_KNOCKOUT);
so simple stonewall giving u a 5 EN to roll in this marked roll on picture above
so stonewall protecting ur body from KO on low crit power rolls

MoS protecting u only from eyes KO in pratice, that's why i dont recomment to any new or experience ppl, is totally useless and wasted perk if u taking it without stonewall.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 09:00:54 pm by KompreSor »

knuckle

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2017, 11:51:57 pm »
 :facepalm i hope you guys have hobbies  :facepalm

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2017, 12:34:18 am »
Looks like we have some worthy feedback for a change.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 12:48:58 am by Henry »

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2017, 11:57:28 am »
so simple stonewall giving u a 5 EN to roll in this marked roll on picture above

Stonwall roll got nothing to do with rolls on crit table. It's different roll when you already got KO status. So it helps same way vs low power as vs max power critical.

---
Don't remember where but there was also something about 7s for full AP regen somewhere. That is not correct. AP regen time is 4s, it's set in ms in config.fos by: __ApRegeneration = 4000;
:facepalm

knuckle

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2017, 12:15:27 pm »

Stonwall roll got nothing to do with rolls on crit table. It's different roll when you already got KO status. So it helps same way vs low power as vs max power critical.

---
Don't remember where but there was also something about 7s for full AP regen somewhere. That is not correct. AP regen time is 4s, it's set in ms in config.fos by: __ApRegeneration = 4000;

Finally someone who is talking we sence

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2017, 02:47:44 pm »
I would actually recommend listening to KompreSor. He knows this server perfectly and spends alot of time on the game which of effects you can see by number of implanted characters with diffrent builds and amount of stuff he gathered. He first one to farm ARES completly alone with regular gear. Even tho he makes mistakes in builds and sometimes people tend to misunderstand what he wants to explain he's still a reliable source of information about FOnline: Reloaded. I recommend his builds over Khans. If you make a PvP build there's no place for mistakes & low levels.

Roman_Lumpkin

• View Profile
    • Khan central
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2017, 03:35:13 am »
YES very nice i think wiki is awesome as well, and in my experience i have always found that builds seem to be a closely gaurded secret lol when i first started playing looked EVRYWHERE online trying to find some decent pvp builds and basicly came up with NADA, thanks for your work henry! and anyone else who contributes as well!

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2017, 04:03:45 pm »
The best PvP info comes from a live team of PvP veterans though, not from wiki. For that reason, PvP builds should come from your team, not so much from the wiki. Your team will know details. They will likely have a plan. And they are constantly adapting to whatever changes are implemented in developer updates. Such changes might not effect an introductory PvE explorer build much, meant to help new people get started. But the slightest change to PvP mechanics can have tremendous effects on PvP builds, which are often very sensitive to such changes.

If we leave PvP builds off of wiki, then nobody has to edit them each time there is an update that changes them. This also directs players wanting PvP builds to find a team.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 04:20:23 pm by Henry »