While digging in old FOnline stuff, I've found a real diamond
And here I'm posting it, as it takes no resources to launch it!FOnline: Battleground
is an old, simple server based on UT-mod written by John somewhere in 2011, and based partially on our old project - FOnline: Wasteland 2155.Key features:
- Single arena for fast PvP,
- You download the client, create the character and jump into action,
- Experience & equipment are free,
- Tournament is automated, matches start on their own as soon as there is at least one player in both teams,
- Members of each team and their frags are listed on the sides of the screen,
- Kills and special awards (first blood, double kill etc.) are announced - just like in Unreal Tournament!
- Players in lobby see whole battlefield,
- First aid/doctor cooldown duration changed to 60 seconds,
- Hotkey for aiming body parts: Y, U, H, J,
- Hotkey for reloading weapon: R,
- Perk list is available here. Tournament mechanics:
1. The match will start if at least one player is present in both teams.
2. The match will last until only one team is alive on the battlefield.
3. After each match, there is a short break to rearm.
4. To leave the match, speak to the guy in black robes during the break.Instructions:
1. Download client from here
(184mb) and unzip it,
2. Put master.dat and critter.dat in client directory (or only fallout.dat, but you need to make appropriate change in DataFiles.cfg
3. Launch the client,
4. Register a new character and login to the game,
5. Speak to NPCs to gain levels and receive gear, then ask NPC in black robes to join one of fighting parties,
Current server status: