March 29, 2024, 12:48:38 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: sneak viability in builds, Crit Sneak Small Guns  (Read 1611 times)

LychanSlayer

• View Profile
sneak viability in builds, Crit Sneak Small Guns
« on: January 08, 2017, 06:49:34 am »
Is Sneak a viable skill within the game, I don't want to be tagging and throwing in a huge amount of points if it doesn't function well. I'm rebuilding my level 19 character, Small Guns, Sneak, Crit build. Other tag is lockpick for solo adventures.

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
Re: sneak viability in builds, Crit Sneak Small Guns
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 01:25:05 pm »
Sneak is convenient in pve because it allows you to avoid combat or engage at the moment you decide and from your angle. The downside is that you need alot of levels, have at least one perk dedicated to sneak and can't wear combat/metal armors. I wouldn't recomend it for pve, you will be better off with a better armored and tankier character that would also have more skill points to spare. But for pvp it's essential. Sneaks are support characters that provide information to the rest of the team like enemy number/team composition/postition. These tactical information often make the difference between victory and defeat. Not having a sneaker in your team in a town control is considered a handicap. During TCs, sneakers fight one another to cripple enemy intel first, then when the two teams are facing each other they try to backstabb and kill snipers and other weaker builds.

Considering your char is only lvl 19, I would say forget about sneaking. Tag first aid or big guns instead. A good sneaker requires at least 60 levels because the sneak skill is kinda weak, even useless if not maxed out (300 cap).