April 20, 2024, 08:51:16 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Add maps to Holodisc  (Read 1592 times)

swinglinered

• View Profile
Add maps to Holodisc
« on: December 29, 2016, 05:09:01 am »
In order to keep the maps from ~80 Ranger Cabins (Safe Houses) straight, I have resorted to making a grid on the ground.

This works, but is super tedious.

If maps could be dropped onto a holodisk, the problem would be solved.

I'm not sure if this is feasible, but any feedback is welcome.

Maybe have disk on ground and use "bag icon" to Use a map on it.

Still someone would have to code it (cannibalize firewood-on-fire code with map code?) .

Aw damn.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
Re: Add maps to Holodisc
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 05:25:22 am »
Do people really have 80 safe houses  :o :o

I only have like 5 tents and literally only use the one near Reno.

IMO it wouldn't hurt to have this, make new alt and have an item that can see all your tents. Instead of holodisk, where it can be easily lost or misplaced, I'd much rather have it put in a base terminal, or craft some terminal where I can input all the tent/safe house coordinates.

Just read terminal to find out tents, etc.

While on the topic of safehouses or tents, why isn't there a decraft option, like that one tent quest you get early on. Would be nice to be able to do that instead of forgetting the location.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 05:28:38 am by S.T.A.L.K.E.R »

swinglinered

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 05:33:52 am »
Do people really have 80 safe houses  :o :o

The network I am creating is for a project. See "WASTELAND BULLETIN" in Wasteland News.

I would just hand out the holodisks once everything was ready. Otherwise, people will have to read each map at a base- which would mean making hundreds of people Friends and hoping they won't just take all the maps/mix them up.

Matador

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 07:57:04 am »

While on the topic of safehouses or tents, why isn't there a decraft option, like that one tent quest you get early on. Would be nice to be able to do that instead of forgetting the location.

If you are the original owner of the tent. (Ie. Havent rerolled since building it) you can abandon tent which will give you back your tent.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 09:05:51 am »

If you are the original owner of the tent. (Ie. Havent rerolled since building it) you can abandon tent which will give you back your tent.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

wtf really?? Oh shit i'm such a noob

**committs sepukko**

Leo

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 11:39:00 pm »
This would be nice, for people not wanting to use faction bases to add a lot of acts at a faster rate