March 28, 2024, 11:04:34 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: New bonuses for helmets  (Read 3362 times)

KompreSor

• Cześć Przyjacwelu
    • View Profile
New bonuses for helmets
« on: December 20, 2016, 10:21:39 am »
currently crafting helmets with bonus stats is only for -crit power or normal DR for tesla helmet. seeing bonuses in armours or weapons when most bonuses is usefull, there should be add some:

1-2 sight.
10-30 Party points.
1-5% extra exp.
1-2 Sequence.
1-5 extra range to detect sneak.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 10:23:22 am by KompreSor »

Seki

• View Profile
Re: New bonuses for helmets
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 11:24:54 am »
Definitely not partypoints, people would just abuse it same way as +ch armor, mirrored shades and other gear which they equip only to recruit more companions and then unequip and never care about bonus anymore. It would make CH and speech even less useful since you can get already too much PP from drugs, gear and support perk without having to invest much into speech and with 1 base CH. Whole PP system is nonsense but thats offtopic.

Dont forget that sight range gives sneak detection too so i dont think that detection range is needed.

Bonus exp would be abused somehow (crafting?) and its not even combat stat.

Sight and sequence makes sense. I agree with that.

Offtopic :
Spoiler: show

There could be also added AC bonus for armors.

PS : Remove helmets finally !
Having to bother with special gear slot just to protect 2 out of 6 aimshots is nonsense. If there are helmets to protect eyes and head then why not pants to protect groin and legs ?  ;D
Also there wasnt helmets in F1, F2 and there also arent any helmets on other servers probably for some reason. I feel like helmets are just another of annoying feature from 2238 but i understand that removing them is not that easy and would also require rebalance of EW.

Adams

• Bang Bang Smash ty buzerant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 01:48:28 pm »
Id also love to see helmets removed even though its prolly never going to happen.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 10:19:15 pm »
I don't really want sequence as a possibility.

Having 10 PE and some low tier helmet like leather with +2 sequence, just no. Also it'll be useless in RT PvP. 

Sight Range yes

Rest no

but I think there's gonna be already more added stated in the "Reload the reloaded" thread

swinglinered

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 01:29:01 am »

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 02:24:59 am »
Perhaps remove PER bonus from armours and have them applied to the stat pool for helmets? Makes more sense to place something around your eyes to improve sight than to put something on your chest.

Reference:

👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2016, 03:55:11 am »
Perhaps remove PER bonus from armours and have them applied to the stat pool for helmets? Makes more sense to place something around your eyes to improve sight than to put something on your chest.

Reference:

You can see farther, true. But your peripheral vision becomes more limited with binocs.

I say let the special bonuses stay on armor.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 02:11:44 pm »
1. 1-2 sight. - I would even buff it from 1 to 5 like DT etc. Great idea.

2. 10-30 Party points - I don't really think it's needed, Troll pointed this enough.

3. 1-5% extra exp. -  Abusable and meh, used only for crafting and farming NPCs.
                                  No use in PvP

1-2 Sequence. - After bringing some use to sequence in RT, buff it to 1-5 like DT.           
                          I see no point in not bringing this to life.

1-5 extra range to detect sneak. - Nice alternative for for Motion Senor, let's say you
                                                       have installed some simple divice of MS type into your
                                                       helmet.
GUN FOR HIRE

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2017, 09:30:26 am »
Hm nope but there is an item for increased sight range in next session.