March 29, 2024, 05:53:15 am
Username:

Password:

Poll

What kind of player are you in FOnline: Reloaded?

I like to role-play only, I don't do PvP.
I am a hardcore PvP ape!
I do both. I enjoy RP, but I enjoy PvP too.
I just play the game casually for fun.

Topic: To PvP or not to PvP?  (Read 6993 times)

mkhammer

• View Profile
Re: To PvP or not to PvP?
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2016, 11:42:19 pm »
We are the ones who will stay here until the end.
I think if this were the case Bang Bang Smash would still be a faction.  I came back once and remember PVP factions fleeing like roaches from a light when something else opened up leaving only The Iron Hand in control of Wasteland with 5 faction members and no one to fight. I came back again and saw the new gang "The Khans"  doing TB traps around Hub. The only PVP player I remember being online with solid continuity is Seki, but he's on every server. I imagine him as either a computer science engineer, a lottery winner or a guy who lost everything except his mouse clicking finger in the war. Fact is people come in and out due to real life, babies, work, school etc. and it is the easier option of having a group of pvp players fast level you so that they can PVP successfully.

fonline engineer, top kek.

Just dont be jerk and you can play in every team, even if your buddies stopped playin, you can get into the new group. Personally I would never join any top pk team only in case of winning every skirmish.

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2016, 01:24:36 am »
Which lockers?

Reno Ruins, Reno Sewers, Warehouse, and glow. Its 4 lockers.

I think if this were the case Bang Bang Smash would still be a faction.  I came back once and remember PVP factions fleeing like roaches from a light when something else opened up leaving only The Iron Hand in control of Wasteland with 5 faction members and no one to fight. I came back again and saw the new gang "The Khans"  doing TB traps around Hub. The only PVP player I remember being online with solid continuity is Seki, but he's on every server. I imagine him as either a computer science engineer, a lottery winner or a guy who lost everything except his mouse clicking finger in the war. Fact is people come in and out due to real life, babies, work, school etc. and it is the easier option of having a group of pvp players fast level you so that they can PVP successfully.

You missed the point. What I am saying is, the PvP community as a whole, will be here till the end.

bish001

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2016, 11:10:48 am »
Which lockers?

Reno Ruins, Reno Sewers, Warehouse, and glow. Its 4 lockers.

They are not on timers, you have to kill the mobs and the lockers have low lvl loot, reno old locker you could just open it and find power armor fun times...

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2016, 04:48:29 pm »
Poll has 35 votes total, which is only 1/3 to 1/4 of the normal server population on any given day.

The problem with these types of polls is it isn't going to be representative of the player base who ignore the forum or don't even have an account registered.

PvP players in general all use the forum for one reason or another, and are more likely to be represented in a poll such as this.

/devils advocate

:D

Gimper

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2016, 07:01:26 pm »
They are not on timers, you have to kill the mobs and the lockers have low lvl loot, reno old locker you could just open it and find power armor fun times...

They ARE on timers, and they are still giving T4 items, its just that the chance of t4 spawns are much lower. The npcs are there so bluesuits can't abuse them and come in when other's are sleeping and grab free shit. Power Armor and such is SUPPOSED to be rare you know.

Poll has 35 votes total, which is only 1/3 to 1/4 of the normal server population on any given day.

The problem with these types of polls is it isn't going to be representative of the player base who ignore the forum or don't even have an account registered.

PvP players in general all use the forum for one reason or another, and are more likely to be represented in a poll such as this.

How can you say that for sure? I would say that 1 third of the active population is a good mixed sample of the community. You might be right, but either way you have to use the forum to donate. And donaters make this world go round. So I still say this poll is viable.

Anyways, I'm gonna leave it open for a couple more days and see where it goes.

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2016, 07:48:19 pm »

How can you say that for sure? I would say that 1 third of the active population is a good mixed sample of the community. You might be right, but either way you have to use the forum to donate. And donaters make this world go round. So I still say this poll is viable.

Anyways, I'm gonna leave it open for a couple more days and see where it goes.

I can't say for sure, which is why I noted I was playing Devils Advocate. I still feel the poll is more a cross sample of forum users, which is not necessarily guaranteed to be representative of the server population at large.

It also probably doesn't matter one way or the other.

Gimper

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2016, 07:51:04 pm »
I can't say for sure, which is why I noted I was playing Devils Advocate. I still feel the poll is more a cross sample of forum users, which is not necessarily guaranteed to be representative of the server population at large.

It also probably doesn't matter one way or the other.

You're probably right. Every project needs the one Devils Advocate. But I guess its nice to see who uses the forum anyways :D

nm2u

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2016, 12:55:38 am »
Enter the town in style, exit into the darkness that is the wasteland. Respawn, regear if you didn't win.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 01:09:20 am by nm2u »
000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

bish001

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2016, 10:39:58 am »

They ARE on timers, and they are still giving T4 items, its just that the chance of t4 spawns are much lower. The npcs are there so bluesuits can't abuse them and come in when other's are sleeping and grab free shit. Power Armor and such is SUPPOSED to be rare you know.

This is what I mean, you must take part in TC or as a faction to get these items, solo players have no chance of getting tier 4 now unless they team up with a faction, the strong get stronger and the weak get weaker. I know these items are meant to be rare,  they were still rare when bluesuits could loot reno locker (less than 1% chance) and there was always competition to get to the locker... anyway just my opinion no grief intended.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 10:42:59 am by bish001 »

mkhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2016, 11:00:39 am »
Top pk doesn't care about getting t4.

Seki

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2016, 11:04:47 am »
Bullshit.
Most of t4 items currently comes from special encounters which you can find as solo player same as a team, chance to find t4 in lockers is very low. You can also buy them from other players, its easier to gather caps and buy t4 then find t4. Magic lockers are doable solo easily since you will almost never meet more then 1 enemy player in glow, warehouse or nr sewers. Only NR commercial is dangerous zone. TC caps are nothing compared to bartering anyways. All TC towns together spawn 72k caps per hour and those caps belong not to you but should be splitted to all members but good barter run is like 200k+ caps per hour and at this stage of season merchants almost always have caps. Anyways group actions are obviously supposed to have better reward.

bish001

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2016, 11:18:46 am »
Bullshit.
Most of t4 items currently comes from special encounters which you can find as solo player same as a team, chance to find t4 in lockers is very low. You can also buy them from other players, its easier to gather caps and buy t4 then find t4. Magic lockers are doable solo easily since you will almost never meet more then 1 enemy player in glow, warehouse or nr sewers. Only NR commercial is dangerous zone. TC caps are nothing compared to bartering anyways. All TC towns together spawn 72k caps per hour and those caps belong not to you but should be splitted to all members but good barter run is like 200k+ caps per hour and at this stage of season merchants almost always have caps. Anyways group actions are obviously supposed to have better reward.

I didn't mean to cause argument and respect your opinion, your right about bartering, its very easy to earn caps and I do well in that respect.
I tried to solo wh, reno sewers etc, I can kill the mob but before I can clear area they start to re-spawn making it hard for a solo melee player like myself. Also I don't think power armor can spawn in reno sewers. It would be nice to be able to buy pa from the shop at a very expensive price like 6 mill caps and maybe increase tc locker cap payout.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 11:20:27 am by bish001 »

Awgy

• Supporter
  • Because of the reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2016, 11:24:45 am »
Bullshit.

I didn't mean to cause argument and respect your opinion, your right about bartering, its very easy to earn caps and I do well in that respect.
I tried to solo wh, reno sewers etc, I can kill the mob but before I can clear area they start to re-spawn making it hard for a solo melee player like myself. Also I don't think power armor can spawn in reno sewers. It would be nice to be able to buy pa from the shop at a very expensive price like 6 mill caps and maybe increase tc locker cap payout.

You can easily  do Glow with Melee character. And 2 of my PAs come from glow. Buy able T4 Will never happen tho, it is supposed to be rare, and special.

bish001

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2016, 11:33:34 am »
Bullshit.

You can easily  do Glow with Melee character. And 2 of my PAs come from glow. Buy able T4 Will never happen tho, it is supposed to be rare, and special.

thx for the tip I try out the glow, Easily solo with a mega fist?

Leo

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2016, 02:30:18 pm »
Bullshit.

thx for the tip I try out the glow, Easily solo with a mega fist?

Yes glow ezpz but u need repair