April 26, 2024, 11:48:23 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: [Mechanic] Setting of the companions respawn point does not work  (Read 1926 times)

plenty

• View Profile

Tested for a few days, on 2 characters.

Setting up a respawn point for your companion does not work. Most common case linked above (no reaction from a companion).

On a few occasions I had a dialog box saying something like "set to '' ". On one occasion it said something like "no such base found" .

All of the typed bases exist in our fraction.

I have tried confirming an input with both "ok" button and enter.

I have also tried setting a respawn point while standing at the target base, any other base, and in a wilderness. Nothing works.

Setting a tent as a respawn point just takes me back to the companion's conversation main menu.

If a companion is killed, he respawns at the first base the fraction had bought (script build-in emergency respawn attempt if I remember it right ).

« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 08:51:11 pm by plenty »

Letoo

• Supporter
  • I'll craft you up.
    • View Profile
Re: [Mechanic] Setting of the companions respawn point does not work
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 09:39:06 pm »
I experience the same as in the video. I don't know if the mechanic is wrong or just the execution, but there's no confirmation whatsoever when I pick a tent or a base for the respawn. It asks for the base's name and no matter what I write there's no reaction, none if it's the right name, none if its a wise and thoughtful phrase like "dffdsfsdfdsf".

This definitely needs some attention.
Letoo's event foundation [click]

In game nicks:
Letoo
Letoatreidis

Find me on IRC @Letoo or on 1337 radio frq

plenty

• View Profile
Re: [Mechanic] Setting of the companions respawn point does not work
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 08:00:32 pm »

The other, less common situation.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 08:05:07 pm by plenty »