March 29, 2024, 03:05:24 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Chris Avellone makes shy reference to FOnline!  (Read 4019 times)

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
Chris Avellone makes shy reference to FOnline!
« on: November 08, 2016, 02:41:50 am »
http://nma-fallout.com/threads/chris-avellone-interview-mentions-obsidian-split.208087/

http://sugarbombed.com/forums/threads/chris-avellone-interview-part-1.21018/

CA: I doubt Bethesda worries much about what Obsidian is doing (Bethesda's likely way too busy on multiple fronts), but only they could speak to that, I have no idea.
From an outside perspective, however, it appears when Bethesda likes working with a studio or see their potential, they seem to buy them (Arkane). They didn't buy Obsidian, though, even though Obsidian is eager to be bought based on recent interviews. It might be for the best - I don't know what would happen to the devs if Obsidian was bought, but the upper management would likely come out okay with that exit strategy.

SB: Let’s say Bethesda goes and tries to fill the wait for Fallout 5 with a Fallout MMO by The Elder Scrolls Online developer Zenimax Online Studios. Do you see any potential in this idea?

CA: I think a Fallout MMO would do well. Yes, RPG Codex, light your torches, I'll send you a map to my house.

SB: One last Fallout 4 related question. Bethesda, specifically the lead BGS writer Emil Pagularo, have taken some heat for multiple lore inconsistencies found in Fallout 4. For example, according to Fallout 4, jet was available pre-war and not created by Myron in Fallout 2. Also, there is an Enclave Power Armor suit at Nuka World that was also made pre-war (when it explicitly states in the game it was created post war), among other inconsistencies. How much is making sure all the lore in your games adds up and is consistent something you focus on in your games? And do you take issue with Bethesda at all for these lore inconsistencies?

CA: Do I take issue with them? No. (And considering what jet was originally made from, that lore point should make a lot of players happy.)
Even so, when inheriting a franchise, sometimes I, too, take exception to previous decisions as well (talking deathclaws in F2, talking animals, ghosts, Wannamingoes that look like HR Giger knock-off monsters, etc, etc.), even stuff I've done that I realized later was the wrong decision for the sake of a cheap joke (esp. 4th wall-breaking jokes).

"CA: I think a Fallout MMO would do well. Yes, RPG Codex, light your torches, I'll send you a map to my house."

Silly little mention at FOnline! The reality is that -> the devs are jealous at what we've all accomplished, it's obvious. There's been no real reference to Fallout Online in over 3 years, guess everyone is waiting for wipe. EVERYBODY knows about FOnline!!!! Heh, Bethesda should just buy the rights and go mainstream with what we've done. Pay us a salary :p

--------

Let's break down the reference, shall we? Take it out of context!

-> "Yes."

Reference to FOnline's long lasting life!

-> "RPG Codex"

Reference to FOnline's game play and meta. User skill and dice rolls.

-> "light your torches"

Reference to FOnline's primitive, simple execution and reality, future meets post-apocalyptic. Cavemen with guns. FOnline community.

-> "I'll send you a map to my house"

Reference to FOnline's player housing and raiding bases.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 02:48:52 am by Corosive »

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
Re: Chris Avellone makes shy reference to FOnline!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 03:38:06 am »
*Reading*
Uh huh...
*More Reading*
Yep...
*Even More Reading*

Aaaand No. Not even close lol, but it was a good laugh.

FrankenStone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 06:13:01 am »

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 08:43:38 am »
 :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

If I could slap you people, I would. One day I'll throw an FOnline party and buy everybody's plane ticket. You'll come, and I'll slap you, and I will smile.

I would provide 100% proof via source and interviews, but I won't waste my time. Enjoy the darkness while it lasts, and I hope it lasts forever.

Valchuck

• Supporter
  • It's only a game, relax =]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 09:57:07 am »
Let's break down the reference, shall we? Take it out of context!

-> "Yes."

Reference to FOnline's long lasting life!

-> "RPG Codex"

Reference to FOnline's game play and meta. User skill and dice rolls.

-> "light your torches"

Reference to FOnline's primitive, simple execution and reality, future meets post-apocalyptic. Cavemen with guns. FOnline community.

-> "I'll send you a map to my house"

Reference to FOnline's player housing and raiding bases.

Very nice breakdown, it all seems to fit in, altho, it might as well be just a coincidence.
BUT, as some in KoTOR wud say: "There is no coincidence, there is force" and that wud fit Chris Avellone's words :)
TY Corosive

Old Death

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 03:42:44 pm »
I could play football for Barcelona.I couls but they never call me.

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 08:02:18 pm »
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

If I could slap you people, I would. One day I'll throw an FOnline party and buy everybody's plane ticket. You'll come, and I'll slap you, and I will smile.

I would provide 100% proof via source and interviews, but I won't waste my time. Enjoy the darkness while it lasts, and I hope it lasts forever.

Gathering all these cavemen we are in the same room? Ain't that a bit dangerous? Imagine the shit, every fonline player, wearing a shirt with his nick on it, in some kind of secret underground convention...

"KNOCKNOCK
-Password!
-War, war never changes.
-Welcome in, wastelander.
Walks inside  8)

Jeffrey I

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2016, 10:56:52 pm »
hahahaha Troll so funny. Would be an interesting weekend to say the least, I would love it though :)

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2016, 02:18:35 am »
EVERYONE WOULD BE REQUIRED TO DISPLAY THEIR IN GAME NICK!!!!!

AND THERE WILL BE A BOXING RING WITH NAILS AND BOARDS!!!!!!!!!

oh, and beer. Lots of beer. TOO much beer.

Jeffrey I

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2016, 02:27:45 am »
count me in :)

emrebnk

• pfft
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2016, 04:52:51 pm »
EVERYONE WOULD BE REQUIRED TO DISPLAY THEIR IN GAME NICK!!!!!

AND THERE WILL BE A BOXING RING WITH NAILS AND BOARDS!!!!!!!!!

oh, and beer. Lots of beer. TOO much beer.

aw hell ye just imagine those forum pvp gangstas irl

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2016, 05:40:21 pm »
Fuck, I'm in too, where do I sign?

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2016, 06:21:39 pm »
TOO much beer.
No such thing ;)
A fonline irl convention would be amazing though

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2016, 04:59:22 am »
Ho-ly Shite. As long as it ain't halfway across the world, sign me up. I missed out on Khanvention so this might be a chance for me to meet some other lads. Don't worry, I'll bring my knucks  ::) lol