March 28, 2024, 03:20:06 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Wipe is a Lie and over 12 months away.  (Read 5044 times)

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
Wipe is a Lie and over 12 months away.
« on: October 27, 2016, 07:05:07 pm »
Before I begin I want to clarify that the objective of this thread is to encourage the active development of Fonline and the Fonline Comunnity.

Wipe is a lie.

It's not anytime "soon" and in fact it might not be "ever".  The development team is relying on too many people, people who aren't producing, and there is still way too much content to put together to release, progress is not speeding up it's crawling to a halt and should be considered as all but stopped.

With the holidays upcoming the project will be all but abandoned until next spring, and in the spring, the developement team will find themselves busy with life/school/work etc; and continue the non progress / inactivity we see today.

Let's remember for a moment that this time last year - we were promised "Wipe by christmastish"; it's been 12 months instead of 2.

Even in a best case scenario from now, judging from the workload and what's actually complete a reasonable prediction would be a best case scenario of 14 months until wipe.

FURTHER - If you actually read what's been talked about by the dev's over the last two years, they are changing the entire meta of the game; not only is there a massive content shift, but the game meta content is going to be totally different then what is reloaded today.  It will not be anything near the same game - and that is not a good thing.

You will not recognize Fonline - Reloaded after wipe.  It will be a far cry from 2238; and you will most likely be disappointed with these changes.

FURTHER - Even if wipe was tomorrow, and you logged in and explored the new content.  There is no plan post wipe. Fonlilne might have a good month or two or three possibly,  but then we find ourselves here again anyways.

BOTTOM OF THE PIT - With the rapid decline in the community, and absolutely NO PLAN to support / assist / encourage / develop the existing community, and it's activity.  Fonline will continue to decline as it has over the last year; and even if/when Wipe comes.  There will hardly be anyone left to care.

CALL TO ACTION #1: Prove me wrong.  Wipe soon.  or Get embarrassed when my prediction runs true.  Get a move on with progress - we all want to see this succeed; and the community loses out for everyday it takes.

CALL TO ACTION #2:  Promote the community with events and activities; there are plenty of hardline Fonline Community volunteers who would be happy to do this; and its certainly a better solution then entirely hiding/being-disengaged from  the community at large.  Make this happen!

CALL TO ACTION #3:  Don't ruin reloaded by turning it into an entirely different game.

lash

• Supporter
  • Remember the fallen.
    • View Profile
Re: Wipe is a Lie and over 12 months away.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 07:21:53 pm »
Why don't YOU do something other than circlejerk and shit post? If you want 'fresh' content that somehow preserves the current balance of the game, go make more dungeon maps. Go run your own damn server. Don't call for a radical overhaul and simultaneously bitch that it's going to shift the balance of power away from your broken-ass build swarm. In fact, just delete your account and be done with it. Go away, Girlgantua - the devs don't answer to you, nor should they cater to you.

As Corrosive has said many times, the writing and content is 99% done. Cvet is currently doing an entire engine overhaul, odds are Kilgore and co will rebase their server SDK version on that.

I used to think you were cool Garg, until you opened your mouth and revealed yourself to be an utter ass. smdh

The Trooper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 07:31:22 pm »
I told you
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 08:47:29 pm by The Trooper »

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 07:34:31 pm »
Wipe is real.

History has proven that wipes happen. In fact, we're only on "season 2" now because season 1 was wiped, and this was done prematurely to appease whiners.

I think Corosive exaggerated if he said it will be a totally new game. It will be this game, but with more content and some new features that make player decisions count for something. Whereas now, it's a murderer's free-for-all.

Which brings me to the whole "community is in decline" thing. You're one cause of that. You kill off the community and complain about a decline. This game does not have anti-abuse features built in. The NPC world does not react as it should; its sense of justice is so short-sighted it's virtually non-existent. Test this: you start your own personal TC in Hub and Hub Police welcome you back peacefully a few minutes later. That's the opposite of realistic.

That limitation, that fragility means it's up to the players to maintain justice until a justice system is implemented. However, it seems only 5 people on this server see that, and so criminals destroy it, and then point to the decline.

It's like horses that ate all the grass complaining there's not enough grass. Well stupid horses! You ate all the grass in the one and only pasture, and you ate it at a multi-pasture rate! The place cannot sustain that. Wait instead, and let the grass grow longer for a while. Don't eat it until there's enough to handle your demand.

And same with all the PK/sabotage behavior. You announce on forum "this faction will be destroyed" and dare pressure devs for more [free] work, citing a community decline? I call that a total jackass move.

No! I don't want another premature wipe. Wipe it when you're ready, devs, and not a moment sooner. If that's March 2018, fine with me! Meanwhile, ignore all posts wanting "wipe now".
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 08:04:08 pm by Henry »

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 07:48:19 pm »
Wipe in 2018, keep your eyes peeled  :)
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

emrebnk

• pfft
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 08:06:10 pm »
and dare pressure devs for more [free] work

i think this is the main thing of FOnline's development state. we don't really pay anything for the game except the donations we make with our goodwill, can we really bitch about it? the answer was always no to me.

i think Garg is not %100 genuine with these words, he just likes FOnline just like us, every oldfag playing on the server and wants it to be better and grow larger - not to lose all its remaining player base with devs except Corosive hiding behind their doors, and Corosive is... well, Corosive is Corosive.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2016, 09:38:11 pm »

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2016, 05:32:36 pm »
Wipe is not a lie, it's coming soon.

A FOnline server is like a living being, it has to die at some point.
A new generation takes over, or not, but at the end it's always a wipe.

Wipe is coming, sounds even better than with "winter".

Also what braught you to the idea that the community was in decline?
The community has always been small, very small. 2238 hosted around 500 players on average, players who are much older than your average call of duty player. Some players left because they got a job, got married or had children, you name it. Some got bored because they felt they saw everything the game had to offer, and no one can argue with that. Not everyone likes to play on dust2 for ever. The community is split since the closure of 2238, and because of the nature of the game and that wierd gameplay we love so much it will probably never grow alot, no matter the amount of advertising. At best, reloaded session 3 will attract FOnline players from different servers, but I don't think it will ever go beyond what 2238 achieved. Unless Corrosive has a fifth ace in his sleeve, of course. The community has been steady for years, long before khans were a thing (you playing since start of 2238 blablabla yeah), and saying that khans made players leave is giving them too much credit. Players left back in the days when they got constantly fucked up by big factions everywhere in the map.

I think that the player base is a reflection of the game they play, if we want the community to grow, the game has to change somehow. If FOnline stays like it is now, so will the community. Reloaded is a very different FOnline than what 2238 was. Characters are MUCH stronger than what they used to, especially with this OP combat implant bullshit. A new player will quickly understand that he doesn't stand a chance against a fully implanted character, no matter how noob that implant sack is. I'm not saying that we should make the game a carebear or something, but before you could kill a pvp character with a crappy build if you were smart and/or skilled, now you can't. Going back to the faster more dynamic gameplay we had before could give more will to progress to new players. They will know their failure is not only because they didn't farm days to buy a complete set of implants. Most MMOs keep increasing the character's strength update after update because they don't wipe. At the end a character's level or the skill of the player is less important than the gear. Combat implants push the game in that direction. We should do the opposite.
Imagine playing counter strike against players that have more skill and experience but also twice your HP, only frustrating.

Leo

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2016, 10:41:39 am »
WIPPE IN TOO WEAKS

HAPPLY HALLOWEEN NOOBS
\////////////////

WHY ARENT U USE TOP GEAR?????? WIPE IN TOO WEAKS KOURVA MATCH!!

Napalm

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2016, 06:54:36 pm »
Sure....

FrankenStone

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2016, 12:37:22 am »
i got approvement from santa claus himself that wipe is going to be happen at 12.24.2016