April 28, 2024, 02:24:33 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Accidentally left my own faction, can't access my own terminal  (Read 1146 times)

WorldsGreatest

Accidentally left my own faction, can't access my own terminal
« on: October 23, 2016, 04:42:02 pm »
I started a faction for my character just so that when I make more characters I'll have a central place to keep all my shit. Then I accidentally joined the brotherhood of steel and fucked that up. That's all I really have to say.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
Re: Accidentally left my own faction, can't access my own terminal
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 06:20:25 pm »
Ouch. If any of your other characters joined that faction as members (not just as Friends), and were promoted even once, you can recover this. That character just needs to use the terminal to "Claim Leadership" and wait 1 day, go back and Confirm that claim. He will be the new Leader there.

If this is not an option, then technically that faction is lost. The only way i know to fix this at that point is to patiently, humbly appeal to a dev's charity. But then again, it's so easy to build a fresh new faction, so maybe do that instead.

WorldsGreatest

Re: Accidentally left my own faction, can't access my own terminal
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 06:38:24 pm »
Ouch. If any of your other characters joined that faction as members (not just as Friends), and were promoted even once, you can recover this. That character just needs to use the terminal to "Claim Leadership" and wait 1 day, go back and Confirm that claim. He will be the new Leader there.

If this is not an option, then technically that faction is lost. The only way i know to fix this at that point is to patiently, humbly appeal to a dev's charity. But then again, it's so easy to build a fresh new faction, so maybe do that instead.
eh, I left my base and then it disappeared on my map so I'm just gonna start from scratch now.