March 29, 2024, 06:19:32 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Read that before you post "+1" or "-1"  (Read 8544 times)

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Read that before you post "+1" or "-1"
« on: October 14, 2016, 01:46:18 pm »
As stated in forum rules

11. "+1" and similar posts will be removed. If you don't have anything interesting to post, then please do not post.

From now, I will use banhammer for such useless posts that are nothing more than SPAM.
If you have an opinion, then post it.
If you don't, then don't post.

Thanks for understanding!

The Trooper

• View Profile
Re: Read that before you post "+1" or "-1"
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 11:12:50 pm »
So does that mean we have to type exp: "I agree with this post/suggestion" or "I disagree with this post/suggestion" instead of +1. -1
I Understand that its just annoying and spam but for suggestion threads and other these type of post we should be able to post +1 or -1

And kilgore also, +1 I agree with this!  :)

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 11:55:20 pm »
I assumed what he meant was, he will ban you if you only type +1 or -1 (or some such) and include no explanation. So while +1 (or -1) might be our clear way to know if we agree/disagree with topic, we need to include some explanation too. Don't just say +1 and nothing more, or +1 [and garbage]. Say instead +1 [worthy explanation].

But i could be wrong. So for example:

+1, i agree because trolls have it too easy to simply say +1 or -1. Meanwhile worthy replies to real topics should be justified. A vote against a worthy idea is more clearly a troll vote when a troll starts talking. Too easy to just say "-1" and not provide any explanaton.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 11:58:13 pm by Henry »

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 09:16:01 am »
If you think that suggestion is good, write WHY you think like that. Same when you think that it's crappy.

Reading "+1, -1, I agree, I don't agree, yes, no, must-have, please" is just a waste of time for me because it's not backed up with any opinion.
If an idea is good, it will defend itself without a dozen of people spamming +1 under it.

Again: If you don't have anything interesting to post, then please do not post.