April 23, 2024, 08:54:44 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: update interface  (Read 2128 times)

Hungry Hungry Shark

update interface
« on: September 27, 2016, 08:05:28 am »
Make a good looking interface the default one, and leave the original fallout theme as an optional download in from the forum mods section. You're scaring new players away with the ancient interface.

Leftover

• View Profile
Re: update interface
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 08:54:39 am »
tiny tank or pure black would fit awesome as default.
also add ingame options menu.

emrebnk

• pfft
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 09:49:33 am »
-1. default interface pretty good - i always used and still use the default interface with numbered aps. also, making new interfaces is pretty easy and there are a lot of other interfaces made by players. i also disagree that it scares the new players, imo it makes them easier to get in since most of the new players play FOnline after playing classics.

Leftover

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 10:00:32 am »
Of course everything depends on personal taste, but it not change fact that would be nice to have some interfaces and other options easy to choose by some ingame options panel without diggin in forum and game data files.

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 01:49:40 pm »
I can think of a few adjustments that would make the default iFace more user friendly, but as a whole I think it's pretty good as it is.

It could maybe use a larger HP display, and more than 10 AP dots. As it stands it's one of the few options we have for new inventory and crafting updates anyway.

Wreese

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2016, 01:39:37 am »
Make a good looking interface the default one, and leave the original fallout theme as an optional download in from the forum mods section. You're scaring new players away with the ancient interface.
+1, I'm gonna have to agree with the "scaring new players away" thing.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2016, 03:33:42 pm »
I only use default. The game is harder that way, and i like to play on max difficulty. That said, pressing H to show on-screen health/action bars would be great. Too often have i died during combat simply because those 2 things are barely visible.