April 20, 2024, 03:55:39 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Hardened Difficulty Critter Special Loot Drop Proposal  (Read 7208 times)

Slowhand

• Go for the eye, Boo! Go for the eyes!
    • View Profile
Re: Hardened Difficulty Critter Special Loot Drop Proposal
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2016, 11:40:52 am »
Wipe is right!

From the Wolf, Sheep, Grass triangle, the Wolves are in majority as usual, so the increase of Sheep is required, and for that, there is a need of more Grass!

The safe zone idea near a PvP zone is good, because that could server as meeting point for people with different attitude toward the game. (Ofc, a quest chain or more, from the hub should send you there)
Server would have most benefit from:
- 1/5 (or other magic number) of quests sending you to PvP zones (Ex: Go to PvP zone and pay some debt, if you loose the caps to PKers, ur problem, risk vs reward, go naked with caps, or ready to survive to finish the quest, with whole faction, etc)
- 1/5 of the quests would be too hard to solo, so people have other reasons to form into a faction than before
- 3/5 (the rest) of the quests would be private instances/locations like before, (to let the sheep grow fat:) )

So, for you Khans, the servers best course of action, is it they make more PvE zones, with a small mix of PvP zones from quests, possibly increasing the population, thus more and easier prey.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2016, 12:14:13 pm »
Wipe is right!

From the Wolf, Sheep, Grass triangle, the Wolves are in majority as usual, so the increase of Sheep is required, and for that, there is a need of more Grass!

The safe zone idea near a PvP zone is good, because that could server as meeting point for people with different attitude toward the game. (Ofc, a quest chain or more, from the hub should send you there)
Server would have most benefit from:
- 1/5 (or other magic number) of quests sending you to PvP zones (Ex: Go to PvP zone and pay some debt, if you loose the caps to PKers, ur problem, risk vs reward, go naked with caps, or ready to survive to finish the quest, with whole faction, etc)
- 1/5 of the quests would be too hard to solo, so people have other reasons to form into a faction than before
- 3/5 (the rest) of the quests would be private instances/locations like before, (to let the sheep grow fat:) )

So, for you Khans, the servers best course of action, is it they make more PvE zones, with a small mix of PvP zones from quests, possibly increasing the population, thus more and easier prey.

Ah, we've been thinking the same thing :P I have some nifty quests that force players to venture deep into dangerous areas at low levels :P forces many things, like teamwork and socializing. There's a lot of reasons why you should walk into town and ask some random stranger for help, and a lot of reasons why you should help them in return for loot or caps :P.

I"ll have to make something really cool out of the Ghost Farm. I'll prob do some kind of quasi fonline:shelter with a pvp/pve point of view. Players should be able to attack it but not destroy it. There should be a reason to stand guard there with your faction and friends. Community in this game really will mold the world. I've even got global score checks that determine the outcome of things :)

Technically, I can make it into some kind of weird capture the flag/tug of war system, where players spend resources or items "attacking" the location while others do the same thing to "defend" it. Using global checks and vars I could make some kind of score system that determines who's team you're on (attacker or defender) and who's "winning".
Losing team gets to turn in resources for cheaper and gain more points, while the winning team has to bring in more. Teams could be permanent until a round is over or something, then winning team gets to collect their bonus.

It sounds complex. but it really isn't when you break it down into 1's and 0's. Players could interact between two NPCs or two terminals to perform actions. Defending town would be able to tell who's attacking and who's defending by which terminal they're using. So place guards near the enemy beacon, and shoot all players attempting to use it.

Sound fun? Or not? Cause I can make this fairly quickly.

elemenope

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2016, 02:05:55 pm »
keep in mind that my knowledge of how to actually implement many of my ideas is very limitied.
i was thinking people need to invest materials (wood metal, parts, junk, etc.) in order to upgrade the farm, so would it be possible to tie how it looks into how many ressources are currently invested in it (corpses everywhere, burnt corn fields, broken buildings or nice looking farm houses, more or less healthy animals, NPCs (children?) living there) basically load several versions of the ghost farm map depending on how well it is doing...
when it gets raided the attackers would steal some of the ressources invested in the farm thus making the game load a vesion of the map that's in a bad shape. i guess somebody would have to code some way to interact with whatever it is that people can invest in, to break it down back into basic materials. should take some time too to give the defenders a chance to take the farm back before much can be stolen and it adds a risk-reward aspect for the attackers when they need to consider for how much longer they can stick around. hope this isn't crazy ambitious  ::)

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2016, 11:00:34 pm »
Adding/Removing scenery/map items is more complicated. I would need the help of another dev, but it's hard for us to coordinate. I stick to what I can code personally, and bring things down into the simplest way possible. Hence why my previous idea.

So, yeah, I can do your idea but not visually. It would require constant map changes, where players would lose their items and cars left over on the old map after it transitions.

Could easily add an entrance that enables a dialog menu where players select the "Enter" option, which would automatically throw the player into the respective "condition" of the map. Have 6-8 different variables of maps, and jump between them. But that's more complicated, not by much. But it's more work.

The idea is: Is it necessary?

elemenope

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2016, 11:19:40 am »
yea i thought about the problem of items/vehicles/players left behind when the game tries to change the map, but i don't have a good solution either...